HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2013, 08:28 AM
Zipties and Velcro
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Mar 2013
595 Posts
Rant
Problem with Hobby King

I ordered a fuselage for my 450 Heli. When it arrived the nose was smashed. Rather than sending me a new nose for this fuselage they want to give me a $36 in store credit. After shipping this cost me $71 total. I think this is unacceptable. Why wouldnt they just send me a new part. I did pay with PayPal so if they dont want to send a new piece I will just file a claim. Not a very good sign of their support of their products to me.
Switchy is offline Find More Posts by Switchy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 09:46 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,433 Posts
was the shipping box smashed ? i've recieved some awful looking shipping boxes from HK. but luckily i have recieved no damaged stuff. they should take a little more effort in packing items that are shipping to the US

if the part itself looks damaged they way they might have shipped...i would file a claim with paypal also !
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Jul 15, 2013, 05:21 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
I don't have any problem with HK, but then I live 20 min from the warehouse
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Jul 17, 2013, 07:52 AM
United States, HI, Honolulu
Joined Jul 2013
85 Posts
That's really unfortunate. I don't understand it either... by the looks of their website (very fancy, compared to other vendors) and their FIVE warehouses scattered across the globe, you'd think they'd have sufficient profit margins to allow the replacement of your DOA canopy.

Perhaps their customer base is large enough that the loss of one unsatisfied customer would be insignificant, sort of like, oh idk, Wal Mart.

I find that smaller dealers can offer MUCH better CS and even better prices as well, for example smaller shops in Hong Kong.

...Did you cough up the $71 already?

"Store credit" is so unfair. It's like a $5.00 giftcard for a restaurant that unequivocally gives you diarrhea.
flightly is offline Find More Posts by flightly