Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 26, 2014, 09:31 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
A broken antenna is very easy to fix if you can solder (or can find someone to do it). Just take a slightly too long piece of suitable wire (it doesn't have to be identical), solder in place of the broken one, and clip to the same length as the other wire. Note that the length is very important; longer is not better.
well, if an antenna is going to fall off during shipping....I'm gonna be cautious about the quality of this rx. just seems sketchy
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 26, 2014, 10:39 PM
59 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCinNC View Post
well, if an antenna is going to fall off during shipping....I'm gonna be cautious about the quality of this rx. just seems sketchy
This is a well known issue. The antenna attachment is an obvious weak spot that needs to be reinforced. But for a $6 receiver that works extremely well I'm happy to do it myself.

In other respects the receiver has earned an excellent reputation. The quality is very good.

Lemon have proved to be highly responsive and to deal well with their customers. A representative appears regularly on this forum. I'm sure that if you don't want to repair the receiver yourself they will replace it. Have you asked?

It's worth noting that several of the newer receivers come with a plastic case that solves the problem of antenna fragility. It roughly doubles the weight and increases the cost, however. I use both kinds, depending on the type of model.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jul 26, 2014, 11:04 PM
that's gonna leave a scar
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Aug 2007
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66 View Post
Lemon have proved to be highly responsive and to deal well with their customers. A representative appears regularly on this forum. I'm sure that if you don't want to repair the receiver yourself they will replace it. Have you asked?
good to hear..thanks !
KCinNC is offline Find More Posts by KCinNC
Old Yesterday, 10:36 AM
United States, NC, Chapel Hill
Joined May 2013
201 Posts
sat case

Does anyone know if Lemon plans to offer an accessory case for the DSM2 SAT Rx?

Thx
bobbysbrother is offline Find More Posts by bobbysbrother
Old Yesterday, 10:57 AM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysbrother View Post
Does anyone know if Lemon plans to offer an accessory case for the DSM2 SAT Rx?

Thx
Same question for the DSMX 6 channel.
Rich in ILM is online now Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Windsor, Canada, near Detroit
Joined Jul 2007
4,655 Posts
antenna reinforced with silicon

recently got 4 more rxs. they came with the antenna reinforced with flexible glue-sort of flexible silicon-at the join so there is little chance that it will fall.
seems that they learned about the complains here.
otherwise the rxs have been running great, even at full range (as far as i can see the plane).
but i have been adding a blob of silicon at the point where the antenna exits the rx to all my rxs-and everything else-for some time, and haven't had any issue.
phil alvirez is offline Find More Posts by phil alvirez