HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 23, 2012, 09:11 PM
N.F. Dawn Patrol
Jax. Fl.
Joined Jun 2006
286 Posts
Rant
Hobby king is NO customer service KING

Let me start by saying I love hobby king. Ive placed atleast 9 orders from them now over the years, getting some good deals ande never had problems.
The last order was placed on feb 24th. It was a decent order, costing 100.00 for the 7-21 day shipping.
then on 3-3 the order shipped. Didnt see anything in tracking until 3-24, when it updated to "MIAMI" UNCLAIMED, parcel sent back .I live in Callahan Fl. 300+ miles from miami. Luckily i have a friend who works in the post office sorting center in the next town.After making some calls for me to MIAMI, We find out MIAMI -Hileah areas have a 33011 area code, MINE is 32011, 1 digit off. I have since been on with online support 3 times and of course they always start with OH YOU DIDNT PICK IT UP! UM WHAT???? from 300+miles away? and they have always delivered it to my house in the past. Then its "well we have to wait til the package returns to start an investigation" ANd " we will email you when we find out something"Its been over a month now since it was put on a plane headed back to them. i think it ought to back to them now. Theyre online help has been OFFLINE for days now, trouble tickets take 10+ days to answer. Went on their facebook page and posted my troubles and all they could say was please contact customer service. Come on Hobbyking PEEPS thhis is NO WAY TO TREAT GOOD CUSTOMERS.
Easyrydr is offline Find More Posts by Easyrydr
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2012, 02:27 AM
'Merica!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easyrydr View Post
Let me start by saying I love hobby king. Ive placed atleast 9 orders from them now over the years, getting some good deals ande never had problems.
The last order was placed on feb 24th. It was a decent order, costing 100.00 for the 7-21 day shipping.
then on 3-3 the order shipped. Didnt see anything in tracking until 3-24, when it updated to "MIAMI" UNCLAIMED, parcel sent back .I live in Callahan Fl. 300+ miles from miami. Luckily i have a friend who works in the post office sorting center in the next town.After making some calls for me to MIAMI, We find out MIAMI -Hileah areas have a 33011 area code, MINE is 32011, 1 digit off. I have since been on with online support 3 times and of course they always start with OH YOU DIDNT PICK IT UP! UM WHAT???? from 300+miles away? and they have always delivered it to my house in the past. Then its "well we have to wait til the package returns to start an investigation" ANd " we will email you when we find out something"Its been over a month now since it was put on a plane headed back to them. i think it ought to back to them now. Theyre online help has been OFFLINE for days now, trouble tickets take 10+ days to answer. Went on their facebook page and posted my troubles and all they could say was please contact customer service. Come on Hobbyking PEEPS thhis is NO WAY TO TREAT GOOD CUSTOMERS.
The problem is that you think your a good customer. That's fine, but they don't think of you the same way, you're nothing but a dollar sign to them. Treat HK like the cheap prostitute that they are and all will be fine. As long as your getting the goods for the agreed upon price, every things fine. Treat them like an upscale lady and you'll get bitten, your just a John after all. The first sign of trouble, dispute with PP or your CC. Once you involve the 'manager', the 'walker' gets in line quick.
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Apr 29, 2012, 10:09 PM View Post
latebowl
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Trolling (Widespread). Show it to me anyway.
Old May 25, 2012, 05:03 PM
Joined Apr 2012
6 Posts
HEAR, HEAR NOOB-E !! EZ, I HAVE HAD MANY ORDERS W/ HK & ALL OF THEM HAVE BEEN SUCCESFUL, FROM HONGKONG & THE US WAREHOUSE... BUT BE CAREFUL, DO NOT ORDER BACK ORDER STUFz, NEVER !! GO GET IT FOR A DOLLAR MORE SOMEWHERE ELSE !! YOU ARE A $$ SIGN TO THEM AND THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET YOUR BUSINESS. IF YOU GET CAUGHT UP IN A SITUATION, THE REALITY OF IT IS YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE RECOURSE. EVEN IF YOU HOP ON A PLANE TO CHINA, YOUR MONEY IS GONE, OR MASSIVE TIME & EFFORT IS LOST. LOOK AT IT THIS WAY, IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR STUF IN YOUR CART, READY TO SHIP, SAY NO & GO TO THE NEXT CHEAPEST GUY. EVEN IF IT'S A WEEK LONGER & $2 MORE, AT LEAST YOU GET THE RIGHT THING. DON'T SHOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT FOR $1.35
McWaykno is offline Find More Posts by McWaykno
Old May 25, 2012, 08:13 PM
United States, CA, Pinole
Joined Jan 2009
780 Posts
Caps lock.
Learn it, use it

imgumby
imgumby is offline Find More Posts by imgumby
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:31 PM
Canada, ON, Greater Sudbury
Joined Nov 2011
111 Posts
Older thread, but worth my 2cents. I have pictured having alot of troubles with Hobbyking as it seems to be a large company with many areas for them to screw up in. This is not the case, two years in, 35 fairly large orders and they have yet to screw me over, on the other hand, I have had a few mistakes. Each time I have contacted there 24hr online service and have been dealt with promptly and efficiently, which I have found to be quite shocking, I find their site works very well. I have no local hobby shop where I live, so my options are few but this works for me, cheers
firedawg1998 is offline Find More Posts by firedawg1998
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:20 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,671 Posts
Yeah same sort of thing for me firedawg,i've been shopping with HK for a good few year now and i've never had a big problem with them at all,just the odd mistake which got sorted out in a matter of minutes,i think you will find this thread might of been started when HK's CS was off line as they were training up a bunch of new staff,from what i could make out on twitter and the HK forums around the time of this thread was started,if memory serves me right.
startazz is online now Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:05 AM
United States, MI, Portage
Joined Sep 2011
4,091 Posts
A great example of how far they have come is with the dsm2 2.4ghz module they released. They found quite a few units with a flaw and are replacing them free of charge. Thats some pretty good customer service there.
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz