HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2014, 05:59 PM
Joined Jan 2014
5 Posts
Discussion
Sb-10 4,4m

Hei

I have gotten a SB-10 4,4m plane. I think its from Air jet or simprop.
It has a plastic fuselage and laminated wings.

What i am wondering if any have the CG for this model?

Help would be much appreciated .

Regards
Kjetil
Heli maizor is offline Find More Posts by Heli maizor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2014, 07:40 AM
Deniable plausibility
Derbyshire, UK
Joined Aug 2008
2,311 Posts
This may be your aeroplane - http://wiki.rc-network.de/index.php/...von_Carrera_5m I know it says 5m but there's a 4.4 option and the plastic (rather than GRP) fuselage is another pointer.

Ok, there isn't CG location quoted but I'm sure that link will lead you to it. Do post pictures; they're lovely looking old things.

Best of luck!
Shedofdread is online now Find More Posts by Shedofdread
Old Jan 24, 2014, 03:55 PM
Joined Jan 2014
5 Posts
Thanx for the reply.

The SB 10 wings are at painting now. trying to restore it to its old glory

Canopy broken so that will be painted but are planing to try and make some new so i can use the original cockpit that is still unpainted.

Wings where bad but will be ready painted and restored by next week. will post some pictures then.

Fuselage is undamaged and only need some polish and care. And the red tip nose.

Looking forward to fly this plane. Will put vario and GPS in it to mix some old and new.

Regards
Kjetil Stensen
Old Jan 24, 2014, 05:37 PM
Joined Jul 2004
2,579 Posts
One thing to be carefull of with this plane and indeed its bigger brother is fuselage as at speed the fuse flutters. So don't overspeed it!
Big Nuts 181 is offline Find More Posts by Big Nuts 181
Old Jan 26, 2014, 12:52 PM
Joined Jan 2014
5 Posts
Here is a picture of the painted wings. I am very unsure what to do with the fuselage to get it nice and shiny?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 03:26 PM
Holland
Joined Jan 2004
354 Posts
My brother had the 5 meter version of this SB10, when the brand was named Carrera. The fuselage is made of Ferran. Just about nothing sticks to it, even most sorts of glue. Normally all equipment inside is fastened with screws.

So, don't bother to paint it or so, it most likely won't stick.

Something other to consider. Ferran fuselages change their length considerably under only a few degrees of temperature difference. Therefore half way the fuselage with many Ferran fuselages there was a lever system which compensated the change in length for the elevator and rudder control rods. Otherwise you keep on retrimming.

Look at this huge German thread about vintage Carrera models. In post 1326 you see this compensating lever system half way the fuselage.

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...-welche/page89
Harm is offline Find More Posts by Harm
Last edited by Harm; Jan 26, 2014 at 03:33 PM.
Old Jan 26, 2014, 03:35 PM
Joined Jan 2014
5 Posts
Hei

Thanx for tip. My fuselage have the leverage system on elevator but have control lines for the rudder.

I was thinking trying with some car paint cleaner or polish to try and get the fuselage more white. Now it is a bit yellow ish

Regards
Kjetil
Old Jan 27, 2014, 08:15 AM
Canada
Joined Jul 2003
2,440 Posts
Quote:
I was thinking trying with some car paint cleaner or polish to try and get the fuselage more white. Now it is a bit yellow ish
maybe sand it lightly with 1000 grid, I wouldn't use chemicals, possible makes the Ferran soft.
wakumann is offline Find More Posts by wakumann
RCG Plus Member