HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:17 PM
United States, MI, Highland Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
8 Posts
Discussion
Hello All

Im new here been flying coaxial for a while and its getting to boring so I went to my LHS and was talked into a Heli Max 100cp RTF. I like the Tactic made radio Tx610 its very nice... However Im not having any luck with the cp... So. I got a BNF axe 100fp a lot easier however Im having a major problem with over correcting... And getting really frustrated, I want to get a Sim however I cant afford the Pheonix 6i and RF7 hasn't been released to link with my Tactic Tx610.... At this point I am losing my patience is this something that is common with people here? I really cant get other radios yet IE:Spektrum or Futaba or another brand Heli..... what a predicament....
Phunahm is offline Find More Posts by Phunahm
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 27, 2013, 07:47 PM
Auntie Gravity left me hangin'
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2007
640 Posts
Jumping from a coax to a CP heli is way too demanding for most people. I don't blame you for getting frustrated. I would, too!

I recommend a micro quad-copter as an intermediate learning step. The little Blade Nano QX is state of the art in micros at the moment. It's an absolute blast to fly, and its Stability (self-leveling) mode makes it far easier than a CP to build up your muscle-memory without con$tant cra$hing and repairing.

Once you have that down, switch it over to Agility mode (self-level off) and you'll have a lively CP trainer to practice with. I guarantee that once you can comfortably fly the nQX in Agility mode, you'll find adapting to the quirks of a CP a breeze.
Uncle Gravity is online now Find More Posts by Uncle Gravity
Old Oct 28, 2013, 09:57 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,476 Posts
I agree with post above. co-ax to c/p unwise/ even F/p as its FBL and almost as hard to fly. V911 to quad V929/ etc. Nano QX is a dandy. Heli-max are not durable. Design is ok but like many snooker in by price. Mcp-x is much better heli. On resale forum guys are trying to dump Heli-maxs big time.

Many think because they can fly a co-ax they can fly a heli..Wrong ! They are in for big let down when they get a FBL even 4 ch f/p heli. If you try to keep up with it you are already to late. What happens ?? Over corecting that leads to a crash. FBL you have to be ahead of bird. This takes experience no co-ax will give you. Three ch co ax is worse as controls are wrong, plus you have alierons to deal with.
MSR is good heli to learn on as its a fyull 4 ch Hobby grade heli. Nano QX is fine quad/ Ladybird V1/ V2 are just as good. Helis/Quads are great fun just go at it right way. I doesn't take big bucks as many fine machines oiut there. Blade/Walkrea/ WL Toys make some nice stuff.
Save Heli-max for later.
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Last edited by dankar04; Oct 28, 2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 07:28 PM
United States, MI, Highland Charter Township
Joined Oct 2013
8 Posts
Thank you for the suggestions....... I would rather put money toward a simulator than another model... and get one that I can use with this Tactic tx610...
Phunahm is offline Find More Posts by Phunahm