HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2013, 02:51 PM
United States, CA, Industry
Joined Jan 2011
586 Posts
Discussion
New Walkera W100S

Walkera W100S FPV Drone WiFi

The innovative QR W100S Drone is Walkera's latest micro sized drone. The first time we flew this quad we were very impressed. Walkera has proven that they know how to make micro sized drones with the successful Ladybird and this W100S is much improved. With the W100S they developed on the same platform and made some interesting upgrades. First they integrated a Wi-Fi chip set so you can control it directly with your iPhone / iPad. They made this feature very simple. There is no need to fiddle with router settings or internet settings, simple go to your iPhone / iPad's Wi-Fi settings menu, select the drone's WiFi name and open the "WK-Remote" app. Once this is linked you will get live video feed and gain full control of the W100S drone. You have the ability to utilizie first person view through the onboard camera and possess the ability to start and stop recording and take still images directly from the controls on your iPad or iPhone. The files will save onto your i-device and will be retrievable thru iTunes or your computer. While using with iPhone / iPad, you can use the ordinary stick control mode, or use the Gravity Mode. The gravity mode utilizes the i-Devices accelerometer and allows control of the W100S drone by tilting device forward, back, left and right. It is a bit tricky at first but a cool feature indeed! The W100S also has an upgraded feature we have not seen on any other drone. It implements quick change motors and legs. If you happen to damage a motor or snap one off through a crash, you can quickly disconnect the entire arm/motor assembly and make quick repairs. This means no soldering, no headaches, just plug n play and fly.

Features:

Wi-Fi Signal to transfer data
Connects to your iPhone / iPad thru Wi-Fi
Dual Control with Devo 4 transmitter or i-Device
FPV with 300,000 pixel camera on drone
?Transfer live video feeds thru Wi-Fi
Able to record video and take still images
Snap-On Motor Arms. This is for easy maintenance, the detachable design absorbs energy in a crash, then you simply plug them back on and fly again
Updated multi-axis gyro system for great stability and flight
Ready to Fly out of the box

More Info - http://www.xheli.com/walkera-w100s-rtf-24g-devo4.html
Nitro_Nancy is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Nancy
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:19 PM
Joined Jun 2005
1,026 Posts
I like mine. I bought it for $97 shipped from UJToys and got it in two days.

The W100s flies almost twice as long as the W100. But it is a bit odd. When you get it bound, it is very slow to respond to the throttle either powering up or winding down. Because of that, you have anticipate and fly ahead of it.

Even on the high rate, it is still slow and mushy. But it is a stable bird up to about 8mph winds. I would love to be able to hyper up the rates a bit so it could handle winds a bit better. Being geared, it has a tendency to turn wind into lift (even at ultra-low throttle), so your quad can get away from you if you aren't careful.

The video is great, even with the somewhat slower frame rate, and lots of people with iPhones and iPads love tuning in. Using the Apple products as controllers is not all that easy.

I bought four extra lipo batteries for about $10 shipped. But you MUST pause between flights and let the electronics cool. They do get hot and smelly.

I will really be on Cloud Nine when the Android app comes through. My phone and tablet are Android.
dapple63 is offline Find More Posts by dapple63
Old Jul 13, 2013, 03:58 PM
Ukraine, Crimea, Bakhchysarai
Joined Mar 2012
1,539 Posts
What is props size? gears? are they the same like on MQX and it's clones? How about changing props? GWS? v929? p799?
asanovrus is offline Find More Posts by asanovrus
RCG Plus Member