throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,613 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spejlo View Post
I've tested MOD4 and frequency hopping is strange.. MOD3.6 is better
but 150m is terrible
if you have oscilloscope try to measure output.. mine gives 20.7dBm (20dBm is in chip specification)
I have another pair of HK LRS... if I have time today I flash them and test.
Would you mind sharing how to perform that, I have a software oscilloscope so I'm wondering if I could do that.
IceWind is online now Find More Posts by IceWind
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 06:15 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2 Posts
Hi!

I'm thinking about to program the modules using a Arduino as ISP. But I don't know if is possible because the level of the Arduino's pins is 5V. Is necessary to use a Logic Level Converter like this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8745 ? Or Can I just power the modules with 3.3V and use the 5V logic level?

Marcos Braga
mlbraga82 is offline Find More Posts by mlbraga82
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:52 PM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukelifts View Post
Thanks for the advice on trying to test with the oscope Spejlo, however my only oscope is an antique and doesn't really have a scale haha. But if I were to test it would I leave the antenna on?

I suppose this is karma for not buying from flytron, hk is starting to get to me with their cheapo stuff.
Nope.. RF out is connected to scope. And you must have math functions (FFT) in scope
Spejlo is offline Find More Posts by Spejlo
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:34 AM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorz055 View Post
Hi Spejlo , can you please explain how did you connect the Rx to the transmitter in order that the RX will serve as TX (from wiring point of view).
I guess you connected the +&- and signal to the appropriate pins in the walkera transmitter, but where did you connect it to the TX , channel 1?
can you also elaborate on the binding procedure and the thUndeadMOD3.6 flashing (did you used older version of arduino?)

Thanks
Lior
Yep.. CH1 (- + S) from bottom.
I have no binding button on TX.. i use fix header and freq. hopping channels (same in TX & RX)
only problem was I can't save failsafe from TX (without button) so I reprogram RX and now it can be done with jumper CH1-CH3 (like enabling PPM)

every project with extension .pde I open with ardiuno v0.22 and .ino extension 1 and greather
flashing is simple.. like every arduino.. connect->click upload->reset->DONE
you must choose your own header and channels same on TX and RX
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:48 AM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
Would you mind sharing how to perform that, I have a software oscilloscope so I'm wondering if I could do that.
like I said.. you need math functions and FFT in scope.. and of course frequency range.. don't do this with standard probe.. it's not 50ohm and measure may be distorted.. ideal is use 50ohm attenuator and coax straight to your antenna connector.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:47 AM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spejlo View Post
Yep.. CH1 (- + S) from bottom.
I have no binding button on TX.. i use fix header and freq. hopping channels (same in TX & RX)
only problem was I can't save failsafe from TX (without button) so I reprogram RX and now it can be done with jumper CH1-CH3 (like enabling PPM)

every project with extension .pde I open with ardiuno v0.22 and .ino extension 1 and greather
flashing is simple.. like every arduino.. connect->click upload->reset->DONE
you must choose your own header and channels same on TX and RX
Thanks.
Can you share the change in the code please?

Lior
liorz055 is offline Find More Posts by liorz055
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:22 PM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liorz055 View Post
Thanks.
Can you share the change in the code please?

Lior
It makes lot of sense to have the button on the tx and it is very easy to add.

I use a converted rx as tx too and have added button and buzzer on it.
kha is offline Find More Posts by kha
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:52 PM
Joined Sep 2011
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post

theoretically it is easy..but it is not that easy if you don't want drill a hole in to your radio. and i think binding generates new random channels.. and I don't want that.
I choose this way cos its simple and I like it simple
Old Jan 18, 2013, 03:30 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,816 Posts
Binding does not generate channels only the > 10second hold does that (this of course is specific to openlrsng)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 06:05 AM
Joined Aug 2007
26 Posts
Will this work with the EZUHF Tx?
trinitized is offline Find More Posts by trinitized
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:56 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitized View Post
Will this work with the EZUHF Tx?
No, however in theory it is possible to write firmware that is compatible with EzUHF.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2013, 01:42 PM
Joined Aug 2007
26 Posts
thanks
trinitized is offline Find More Posts by trinitized
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:55 PM
Joined Aug 2009
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kha View Post

Hi Kha
First thank you for developing and maintaining openLRSng platform
Can you add a picture and or some explanation How to add a button?
At first I thought I will wait for the orange Tx module to be back in stock, but it seems that it is going to take quite time...
Now I am planing to use one Rx as Tx . I don't mind messing around with the Rx but unfortunately I lack the knowledge how to add the button or how to change the code in order to avoid the button but still be able to bind Other Rx and have a fail safe as well.

Thanks for your help.
Lior
liorz055 is offline Find More Posts by liorz055
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:53 AM
Joined Sep 2010
69 Posts
I too have a bit difficulty in figuring things out.
This DIY thing really not for everyone, and sometimes the instruction is clear enough for people who are already doing DIY all the times, and sometimes its a little hard to understand for the non DIYers or for newbs

about using orange rx as tx, what I understand from the manual is I should connect ch3 signal pin to the negative. I hope thats correct.

And is ch3 in the orange openlrs rx in the fourth from bottom ? since first one is RSSI, that makes fourth one channel 3 ?

Then today, I tried to use orange openlrs as specturm analyzer,
I flashed the rx as tx, which was default from downloaded openlrsng, and set rx type as the orange openlrs in the openlrs.ino file.

Then I tried to use it with the spectrum analyzer, from the manual, I push the bind button (ch3 and negative connected) then I insert the USB,(I dont have buzzer) the red light is blinking fast like 5 times and goes solid.
But it behave the same way when inserting the USB without pushing the button.
That makes confused, I don't know how the led should behave as I can't find any documentation.

SHould the led keeps blinking red while used as spectrum analyzer or while binding ? or it just blink for several times only ?

any how, the port in the specturm analyzer software is already correct, I clicked "open" it gave out mesagge that the "module locked?" and it just freeze, I can't click the update.

That is as far as I can get with the module, its definately a challenge
whiskey29 is offline Find More Posts by whiskey29
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:37 AM
kha
openLRSng haxor
Finland, Espoo
Joined Mar 2011
1,816 Posts
You must set the tx hardware type to rx in the .ino.

The rf module is on different pins on tx than rx so the software needs to be adapted.
RCG Plus Member