Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:29 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E View Post
Oh goodness, not you too.
When we going to indoor fly and did you get that DW?
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:32 AM
'Merica!
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverJayhawk View Post
When we going to indoor fly and did you get that DW?
Wont get the DW until after X-mas, most likely. Still looking at the schedules, but I have to get my side work out of the way too. Wait until your oldest gets to be a Senior in HS, things get pricey!
n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:00 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,531 Posts
Quote:
Wont get the DW until after X-mas, most likely. Still looking at the schedules, but I have to get my side work out of the way too. Wait until your oldest gets to be a Senior in HS, things get pricey!
Astute observation. We has two in a row and both were in charge of their proms when they were juniors. But they only have one.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:17 AM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetop View Post
Do you folks vet anything or just believe what sounds good?
I had to remove most of your post, as it had nothing to do with my post.

What remains, is a fascinating comment about do as I say, not as I do sort of thing
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:30 PM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Oh goodness, not you too.
Yes indeed - for goodness sake, don't compare Ryan to Palin - if you do I'll end up feeling even more sorry for the guy!

First, Uncle Joe roughs him up on primetime TV and now someone is comparing him to a moron!

It's just not fair play is it
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:33 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
First, Uncle Joe roughs him up on primetime TV and now someone is comparing him to a moron!
We've known that Biden was a moron for decades, now. No surprise there.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:46 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,944 Posts
Quote:
You can interpret to your hearts content, and many of us can interpret much of the document, however, any disagreement about what is and what is not allowed under that document, our interpretation will not be considered in the determination. as private citizens unless we enter the judicial and are empowered in that capacity to reach a determination.

I don't need to prove anyone wrong, and I do disagree with some of the so called "constitutionalists" about what is allowed, but they are making determinations that have rulings on them are not constitutional. They could be right, but only the court has the power to make a ruling on it that counts. I strongly disagree with Scalia's rewording of the second amendment in order to express support for the ruling they made in DC. In his majority brief, he added a word which I guess he thinks was to be assumed. As if it magically came to him as a whisper in his ear from Madison. I disagree with that.
Hello 10th amendment.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

What part of this don't you understand?
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:30 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
This is something I do not understand. If a little country like Germany can do it why not a big country like the US.
Germany is a manufactoring country and its products are expensive, but everybody wants them, Made in Germany stands for something, why can not Made in the USA stand for the same thing and employ.
I really miss a German motocross machine made by Maico, in it's time it was one of the most powerfull and best handling MX machines on the market, I owned two of them.
Libelle201B is online now Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Oct 12, 2012, 08:37 PM
S. FL
Joined Jan 2007
839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot View Post
Oh GOD I would hope not, he's about as goofy as a S t ditch rat.
Yea, the same guy that stood hand in hand with the Bush administration in it's spending and adventurism, and he's now running as VP, more smoke and mirrors from the masters of such.
Libelle201B is online now Find More Posts by Libelle201B
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:35 PM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
This is something I do not understand. If a little country like Germany can do it why not a big country like the US.
Germany is a manufactoring country and its products are expensive, but everybody wants them, Made in Germany stands for something, why can not Made in the USA stand for the same thing and employ.
You know, I think part of that is the American industrial system as defined by Henry Ford and such folks. The assembly lines in the US were broken down into smaller tasks which could be easily taught to immigrants who had poor English. In Germany and most of Europe even, the American idea of interchangeable parts caught on much later, I think it was Browning who first used the concept, they went to an expose' in the UK, around 1880 and the Browning guy took 20 rifles apart, put all the parts into one barrel and reassembled the rifles using random parts. Before that all parts were hand fitted and therefore unique to each item.

In WWI, the French machine guns were still hand fitted, and as such, when they broke in the field, couldn't be repaired.

One can also look at the difference in US and German tanks in WWII. Our advantage was only in outnumbering German tanks more than ten to one. We had a design which was not that good, but had the ability to produce them quickly. The German and even the Russian tanks were far superior to what we brought to the battlefield.

I also read not too long ago that engineering apprentices at Mercedes all start out learning how to use a flat file properly. That tradition is revered.

But I also think, and you can comment on this, that Germany was traditionally the leading industrial giant in Europe, and many of their exports go to nearby trading partners today, France, Nederlands, Belgium, etc.

Many fields Germany produces in, we are direct competitors, such as GE vs. Siemens, and also with regard to medical imaging, auto parts, instrumentation, other high tech, non-consumer products.

Another thing is tobacco was once a huge export item, still is likely but not what it used to be. US companies now grow tobacco for the Asian market in Asia, and it has fallen quite a bit in production in the US.

I think the thing we lost was making consumer products for our home market. Personally, there are many things I would like to be made in US or Germany, or UK and buy one of them and have it be high enough quality to last me and my offspring a lifetime. That choice is often not there any longer. Many small manufacturers cannot resist lucrative buyouts by large companies, and those large companies often use the brand name, then export the manufacturing. One of those companies was White Mountain Ice Cream makers, they had been making them for over a hundred years, wooden coopered tub, and both hand crank and electric. I have one that was made in Vermont, I think. They were bought by Sunbeam, who moved the manufacturing to China. I am reading in Amazon that customers were finding metal filings in their ice cream, so there was some problem with the dasher mechanism. The thing is, they did not lower the price. At that moment, I knew a high quality American product had been lost.
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:26 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Henry Ford didn't come up with the Assembly line - he's credited with doing so but incorrectly!

Adam Smith invented the assembly line as discussed in his book "The Wealth of Nations" published in 1776.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:32 AM
sensitive artsy type
Tucker, Georgia, United States
Joined Feb 2004
3,165 Posts
Quote:
Henry Ford didn't come up with the Assembly line - he's credited with doing so but incorrectly!

Adam Smith invented the assembly line as discussed in his book "The Wealth of Nations" published in 1776.
I didn't say he did.

I commented on how he divided the tasks up into simple, easily taught functions, you know, the ones that cause repetitive motion health problems... this would be as opposed to someone doing something more skilled, such as sewing the upholstery, which IIRC, was paid piecework.

Thanks though, didn't know Adam Smith had that credit...
Treetop is offline Find More Posts by Treetop
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:35 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
I didn't say he did.

I commented on how he divided the tasks up into simple, easily taught functions, you know, the ones that cause repetitive motion health problems... this would be as opposed to someone doing something more skilled, such as sewing the upholstery, which IIRC, was paid piecework.

Thanks though, didn't know Adam Smith had that credit...
Ford was genius and his legacy lives on - he certainly brought the concept forward as we understand it today.

I'm ever mindful of history getting rewritten by popular myth - from powered flight to assembly lines - the invention of steel and more, the popular notions aren't the correct ones!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:27 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Pompano Beach
Joined Oct 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Ryan IS a liar

Small point
Please list the lies that YOU claim have been told.
zeroback is offline Find More Posts by zeroback
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:40 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcjetpilot View Post
I had to remove most of your post, as it had nothing to do with my post.

What remains, is a fascinating comment about do as I say, not as I do sort of thing
TT's post directly addressed the post that he quoted, dismantled the bogus argument it contained, and put that argument's remains on a spike on the ruins of the demolished post which contained it, pour encourager les autres.

What a shame.
leccyflyer is online now Find More Posts by leccyflyer