Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:21 AM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,595 Posts
Oh great, that means the stuff I ordered on 4th November may still be a couple of weeks away! What is it with HobbyKing shipping these days?
2Doggs is online now Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
687 Posts
I find you always should spend the extra on ems shipping. My stuff took 6 days to get to my door in cent cali.
Took 7 days just for my stuff at USA warehouse to be shipped!
scribble007 is online now Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:22 PM
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Joined Jun 2005
347 Posts
I placed my order for the G31 from Hobby Dream on October 21. Still has not arrived, no tracking infomation, and my emails have gone unanswered. I'm not in a rush for it but would like to know where is at least.

Mike
mligosh is online now Find More Posts by mligosh
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:50 PM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
597 Posts
I was pretty disappointed with the order experience. I had to prompt them about payment. I paid via PayPal and they did not credit my account for 16 days and it took another 16 days for the order to arrive.

Lesson learned is to check status on any order to make sure they credit the order. It sat for 16 days in "Payment Pending" status. Never gonna let that happen again.

RWW
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:53 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehedr View Post
I was pretty disappointed with the order experience. I had to prompt them about payment. I paid via PayPal and they did not credit my account for 16 days and it took another 16 days for the order to arrive.

Lesson learned is to check status on any order to make sure they credit the order. It sat for 16 days in "Payment Pending" status. Never gonna let that happen again.

RWW
When you pay by PayPal, you have the option of using the PayPal grievance procedure - it seems to really light a fire under most vendors!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:59 PM
rather fly, but this'll do
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2008
782 Posts
I thought the thread might benefit from a beauty shot or two...mine with the Robird. Happy flying!
krefi is offline Find More Posts by krefi
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:09 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,595 Posts
The canopy, controller and ESC are almost colour coordinated! Tidy looking heli!
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:18 PM
rather fly, but this'll do
Portland, OR
Joined Feb 2008
782 Posts
Thanks. The canomod blowout that helidirect had recently really did wonders for it.
krefi is offline Find More Posts by krefi
Old Nov 26, 2012, 12:46 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
My RJX FBL Head finally arrived today. I ordered it from Hobby King on Oct 23 and it arrived today. My Robird G31 controller that I ordered from http://www.tarot-rc-heli.com/ has also shipped. I should have it on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. I hope to have the heli in the air (weather permitting) on Saturday. It has been cold so I hope it warms up a bit and the wind calms down.

RWW
Helidirect now has the 500 RJX head for less than Hobbyking.

The one I got had two different styles of link balls on the pitch control arms, one had a slightly longer neck than the other. Replacing the ball probably would have meant returning the entire head that was otherwise perfect so I just bought a second set of pitch control arms which I'm sure I'll eventually need anyway because the arms always bend in a crash.

I really, really like the clean and simple look of the RJX head compared to Align etc with all their unnecessary embellishments in the CNC. The only thing I would change is the head button, I'd prefer a larger disk shaped one like the Trex 500 FB head has rather than the small dome shaped one RJX uses. Also getting it lined up on the head and screwed down straight is a pain in the arse, they should have added a flat spot on the top of the head for this instead of making the bottom of the head button's stem concave.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Nov 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 08:51 AM
Retired Old Guy
United States, IL, New Lenox
Joined Jan 2012
597 Posts
I would much rather do business with Helidirect than Hobby King. I did not find the head on the HD site when I ordered from HK. I will be looking at the HD site for replacement parts if I break anything.

RWW

PS If my order from HK had not arrived on Saturdaay I was going to contact PayPal as the 45 day limit is comming up rapidly.
whitehedr is offline Find More Posts by whitehedr
Old Nov 26, 2012, 01:05 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,595 Posts
Quote:
I would much rather do business with Helidirect than Hobby King. I did not find the head on the HD site when I ordered from HK. I will be looking at the HD site for replacement parts if I break anything.

RWW

PS If my order from HK had not arrived on Saturdaay I was going to contact PayPal as the 45 day limit is comming up rapidly.
I finally got my stuff this morning - so it took 22 days from when I ordered it. I guess that's not that bad, but still over a week longer than it took an order from Leadershobby to come thru.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,054 Posts
Quote:
It was in the "other" section on Trex 500 aftermarket parts. The direct link I posted in the HK500 thread now gives a "product not found" error so I think they are just clearing out the RJX stock and won't be carrying them anymore. Going to have to locate a new local source for RJX head parts now

You could always order direct from RJX's website instead of going through HK.

Anyone here have any experience with Spectrum servos? They have a number of digital servos with pretty good specs in the 450-600 size range range that compare favorably in price to the upper end of the cheap HK servos (i.e. the $20-$30 range) Can anyone tell me about the reliability of these? Because if they are good it won't make sense for me to buy HK servos anymore.
Atomic Skull is online now Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Nov 26, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old Nov 26, 2012, 09:47 PM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,635 Posts
Hobby King

I ordered recently from Hobby king 8 days ago and my stuff was at the post office on friday( ordered on Sunday and could have picked up on following sat).They have been pretty fast recently but once in awhile very slow.I bought an Ikon and a 4s Scropion motor from Helidirect during the sale.
Steve
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:42 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
United States, GA, Buford
Joined Nov 2007
6,488 Posts
Would there be any concern with using a multi rotor head with this gyro?
boredom.is.me is offline Find More Posts by boredom.is.me
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RFD900 Case
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:48 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauaiguy View Post
I ordered recently from Hobby king 8 days ago and my stuff was at the post office on friday( ordered on Sunday and could have picked up on following sat).They have been pretty fast recently but once in awhile very slow.I bought an Ikon and a 4s Scropion motor from Helidirect during the sale.
Steve
I bought the Ikon, as well. Got told it shipped today, along with a Castle link for my 700E DFC.

I was thinking the auto level feature would pay for the gyro eventually.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Nov 27, 2012 at 08:54 PM.