Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:45 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Mossie Wing Rebuild

Hi Guys, an update on my Mossie wings rebuild. General comment on the rebuild is that it is fitting together much better and very clean. Really pleased and I think the extra effort required is going to be well worth it.

The photo show the progress, Thanks for your comments and support.

All Best Rod
Roddie is offline Find More Posts by Roddie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2014, 08:58 PM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Mossie wing Rebuild

Hi all who are watching this thread.

I have continued on fitting the flaps and tried several methods and come up with one I like.
I tried my previous method and it looked too messy so tried a few others. Finally produced one that gives the desired movement, Flaps to 45 deg. and back again. Added the servo and then mounted (very roughly) the removable PVC rear nacelle (made for the other wing) but it shows the flap movement and servo fits within the Rear Nacelle design.

Next are the ailerons, I have some ideas of how to build in a hidden connector (Checked with some local model builders and they think it could work) So I will give it a try.

Check the progress, I always appreciate comments as I am looking for new ideas and better ways to build.

All best Rod
Last edited by Roddie; Jul 15, 2014 at 02:43 AM.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 09:48 AM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
KEEP ON GOING YOUR GIVING ME IDEAS;;;; SO WHEN I DO GET BACK TO THIS BUILD I'LL HAVE A NEW WAY OF LOOKING AT THIS SYSTEM.

I STILL WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO W/ THE LG ON THIS?

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25
Old Jul 18, 2014, 03:04 AM
Australia, ACT, Canberra
Joined Jun 2012
147 Posts
Mossie ing Rebuild

Hi all, Bruce hope your camping goes OK and the weather treats you kindly.

Well I started on the ailerons and spoke to some local flyers and in particular the one who will fly my Mossie first. He told me that frequently the ailerons are built to be light and not strength. This causes a problem where they twist, particularly when their movement is controlled from one end.. (That is exactly what I proposed). He made a suggestion of how to strengthen the ailerons . The photos show my current status.

To morrow is a long day where I hope to correctly locate all the hinge points and install the hidden actuator.

All the best Rod
Old Jul 18, 2014, 06:04 AM
Jack of all master of none
Baltimore MD USA
Joined Jan 2011
4,151 Posts
Thank you Roddie....I like the W reinforcement on the Ailerons and the brass tubes to extend the hinges position.

Well the car is loaded and we leave in 2 hrs...Talk to you around the 28th,

Bruce
splinterz25 is offline Find More Posts by splinterz25