RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:00 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,318 Posts
OK Im thinking about getting this plane....

Whats the pros and cons plz...

mjf
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:25 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
All I know is that my long wait is coming to an end. Will be in possession tomorrow. This is my entry into the twin engine game. I'm thinking addiction to follow. Like I don't have enough planes already.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Feb 06, 2013, 09:13 PM
Augermeister
United States, TX, Keller
Joined Jul 2011
2,625 Posts
Can't go wrong but remember, this one flies scale. Can't go wild , Mild aerobatics. Great airplane.

-Hawk
dahawk47 is online now Find More Posts by dahawk47
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:37 PM
United States, Mt, Libby
Joined Nov 2007
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post

mjf
Pros---fantastic flying plane

Cons---you'll want to fly it all the time.

Seriously, everything is covered in this thread. Browse through it, no need to read every post, and all the pros, cons, and tips are covered. It's a great little plane and if you do decide to purchase it, you won't regret it.
Herman Munster is offline Find More Posts by Herman Munster
Old Feb 07, 2013, 05:46 AM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
1,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJF View Post

mjf
I love this plane and she always gets room in the car to go to the field, even though I have jets and other much more expensive planes. It is recommended to add the carbon rod wing reinforcements. That's about it. I have also had to change my servoleas landing gears motors due to a "cold weather syndrome", where my gear would not open in ambient below 65F. But that change was cheap and pz servoless replacements available at Hobby King, toy sonics and many others. For the value and the fun this plane provides I recommend it. You can even try glassing and painting but she is nice looking stock as well.
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:20 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Question.. On the box it says 40 amp esc's and yet there are only 30's in it. Does anyone have one with 40's? Also on box it says 3300kv motors, haven't powered it up yet because i am painting first before assembly but if thats the case, thats pretty viscious. I believe it when i see it. 3300 are like heli motors. As far as changing motors i see no issue now that i have the plane to put in a set 35/42's in it with a bit of modding but am going to opt out on that size due to weight. Motor mods will be done soon though just cuz i can.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 06:27 AM
United States, FL
Joined Mar 2012
480 Posts
I posted the same question/comment the other day. Mine has two 30A ESC's and twin 1100KV motors which doesn't add up to 3300KV as they are advertising. I'm going to fly stock as I've seen it fly first hand and it seems to handle very well. Hope to maiden in a week or so.
rcflyinff is offline Find More Posts by rcflyinff
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:24 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Oh well, mine is going to fly stock for awhile. Hope to fly it this weekend whether i'm done striping or painting it just for curiousity sakes.Nice looking kit in real and a good size for transporting.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:37 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
Question.. On the box it says 40 amp esc's and yet there are only 30's in it. Does anyone have one with 40's? Also on box it says 3300kv motors, haven't powered it up yet because i am painting first before assembly but if thats the case, thats pretty viscious. I believe it when i see it. 3300 are like heli motors. As far as changing motors i see no issue now that i have the plane to put in a set 35/42's in it with a bit of modding but am going to opt out on that size due to weight. Motor mods will be done soon though just cuz i can.
China only has our best interests at heart.
It's just a glaring error that they don't believe is worth the effort.

On the other hand, 1100kv motors beat the heck out of the noise (and probably inefficiency) of 3300kv motors with gear boxes. The 30A escs are probably adequate but they clearly cheaped out on us.

Oh well, it sounds like many, many folks are happy with this plane and I'm giving it a hard look... I love twins and this is a sharp looking airframe!!
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:04 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,656 Posts
I have several Dynam planes with both 30a and 40a esc's. they look to be the same with only different stickers. Both the same size and weight. Maybe no different at all???

The motors are the standard Dynam 1100 KV used in several of their planes. They have a raspy, slightly unpleasant sound, but perform well and last a long time (my Dynam Cessna with this motor has over 300 logged flights and my GC has over 160).
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:26 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
So if I want to try a couple of apc 2 blade props on here, would a 10x8 or 9x8 work ok?
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:13 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Got a start on the painting and pin striping now but had to stop to get it air worthy for a maiden. Will post final pics of this 70's-80's retro version when it's done.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:15 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Forgot to mention, you know you need to upgrade motors when the kit came with one motor shaft bent,lol.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:12 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,656 Posts
The stock motors are perfectly adequate for scale flying and mild aerobatics. The 10" prop mentioned a couple of posts back would not work due to ground clearance issues. I've used 9x7.5 GWS HD 2 blade props with the stock motors for a slight improvement in speed and thrust - but went back to the supplied 3 blade props as I think they look much nicer and perform adequately for me.

Very nice paint job on your Cessna 310! Looks much nicer than just the supplied stickers.
dbc is offline Find More Posts by dbc