Old Dec 05, 2009, 11:20 PM
Joined Dec 2009
29 Posts
Discussion
Can mCX s300 fly better than this heli?

Honestly, I never played any hobby grade indoor heli. I am looking
for a indoor macro heli must be:
- verrrrry stable
- verrrrry precise (speed is NOT important to me)
I like to fly it from room to room, from downstairs to upstairs at home.

After reading many threads here and studying online, I almost
decided to buy a pair of mCX s300 RTF and mSF BNF this weekend.

Today before I made order online, I came across this latest toy heli:
NC New Gyro 3.5 Channels Metal Mini RC Helicopter (5 min 20 sec)

I heard so many reviews(in text or in video) saying mCX is very stable.
But no one did show me, like this video demostrating its stability and
preciseness.

Could any mCX s300 owner share your experience of flying to compare
to this heli? How better mCX can fly than new toy heli shown here?

Thanks
Jeff
jeffteeh is offline Find More Posts by jeffteeh
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2009, 12:04 AM
Charlotte Douglas, NC
Joined Sep 2003
3,013 Posts
I have flown the MCX and it is absolutely stable as can be. There are tons and tons of videos for it on you tube. Precision is spot on with it to. One thing you have to be aware of in these videos that are advertising helis they are selling, The pilots are pros and can usually make a bad heli look good and the heli is usually highly tweaked for the best performance it can give.

One thing you have to also take into consideration is parts availability. I dont know if parts are available for that one in the video but there are tons of them available for the mcx. Lots of upgrade stuff to if your into tinkering. One of my friends who I bought one for and has never flown anything in RC told me that he felt the mcx was almost to easy to fly.
DoomsDay is offline Find More Posts by DoomsDay
Old Dec 06, 2009, 01:26 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,338 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffteeh View Post
How better mCX can fly than new toy heli shown here?

Thanks
Jeff
The MCX is far better than that toy. It has no swashplate, probably no gyro. The product demonstration videos make every heli fly perfect.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 06, 2009, 07:25 PM
If it flies, I can crash it.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,483 Posts
They do make a version of that toy with a gyro, even with a gyro that copter can not compare to the mCX or the Nine Eagle Solo/Free spirit. The build quality alone and spare part availability not to mention how well the mCX and Nine Eagle fly.
Steve
sleb is offline Find More Posts by sleb
Old Dec 09, 2009, 09:23 AM
USA, CO, Brighton
Joined Apr 2009
111 Posts
That video is of a SH Swift 3 channel heli. It doesn't have a swashplate. It uses a horizontal tail rotor for forward and back flight. I have one and it is a great toy helicopter. I recommend the Blade MSR or MCX. I have the MSR and it is a great flying fp heli.

Lee
LeeAW is offline Find More Posts by LeeAW
Old Dec 09, 2009, 11:52 PM
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
A few days ago a friend bought an mCX for $100 at a local hobby store, this was a bnf heli but included the correct transmitter. It flew great for both of us. The mCX replaced two coaxial with up/down thruster tail rotor helicopters and a Havoc, he returned all three because none of them flew well.

The next day I bought an mCX for the same deal, $100. Mine flys just as well as his.

The mCX has a swash plate on the lower rotor and no tail rotor. It can fly forward, backward, sideways in either direction and it has excellent yaw control with no un-commanded spinning. Throttle control is also very good, very controllable. If you get in trouble, dumb-thumbs and such, you just take your thumbs off the controls and the mCX self stabilizes.

The day my friend got his he crashed it and the flybar came off, the screw holding it on was lost. He just went back to the LHS and got the package of screws made for the mCX. That dealer has a wide range of replacement parts for the mCX.

All things considered, the mCX is an excellent heli that doesn't break easily. Based on the mCX I'll get the mSR next.
MikeSSS is offline Find More Posts by MikeSSS
Old Dec 17, 2009, 01:16 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
I would stay away from the 6020 helicopter. Got both the gyro and non-gyro versions. Electronics are not robust enough and spoils after less than a dozen flights for both. It was fun while it lasted. Motors are powerful and even the non gyro version was lots of fun with superb control. I have upgraded to the nine eagles solo since and never looked back. Its much more fun with superb controls. Best of all its still going strong after about a month. None of my 6020 lasted longer than a month.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Old Dec 17, 2009, 04:01 AM
dragonfly wrecker
U.K.
Joined Apr 2005
61 Posts
well the 3.5 channel ( love how you can get half a channel lol ) heli in the vid is just a toy, great fun non the less , i have a few little heli's like that and while they're great for playing about with they certainly don't compare to the higher grade micro's.

Like others have said a good coax would be the Blade mCX because of parts availability and seems most folk have them . I have a walkera 5g6-1 which is much the same thing but has cnc aluminium head, more bling and I've never had any issues with that.

For a single rotor indoor check out the blase mSR or Walkera CB100 , both seem to be talked about a fair bit on the forum and seem very stable models.

Although I have walkera heli's I do like the fact that you can use your dx6i or other spektrum TX with the eflite models , I'm looking at getting the mSr soon , although i prefer the look of the CB100 from Walkera I just don't want another huge TX to find a home for.

ApO.
ApOsTle51 is offline Find More Posts by ApOsTle51
Last edited by ApOsTle51; Dec 17, 2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 07:42 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2005
163 Posts
stay away from the toys. they will never stay reliable for more than 5 seconds!!! i had a mate whose wife bought him one of those cheap toys, they took it back 3 times and never worked properly out of the box.

he bought an mcx and never looked back.
marty_one is offline Find More Posts by marty_one