HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:32 AM
Joined Apr 2007
320 Posts
Discussion
Bad rotor heads right out of box (CB100 & CB180 from www.ehirobo.com)

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post13546747

Just wondering how many of you have gotten bad rotor heads right out of the box with the Walkera CB100 and CB180. Aren't these heads supposed to be CNC cut?
altronpower is offline Find More Posts by altronpower
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2009, 05:40 AM
Joined May 2009
552 Posts
Mine wobbles slightly too, but I get no TBE. What actually caused the TBE for me was the ball links. Sand down the balls with fine sanding paper so the links can move very easily, and the TBE will be gone.
Arakon is online now Find More Posts by Arakon
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:11 AM
Joined Apr 2007
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon View Post
Mine wobbles slightly too, but I get no TBE. What actually caused the TBE for me was the ball links. Sand down the balls with fine sanding paper so the links can move very easily, and the TBE will be gone.
Thanks for the suggestion but I've done that already. The ball links are very smooth and there is no binding. I think that the wobbling action is pretty severe. Although it flies well but it really irks me because it can hover hands free. I did oil every movable joint on the rotor head.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:56 AM
pronounce "clawsboob" :o)
Germany
Joined Sep 2006
993 Posts
blades weight checked?

hi,

some days ago i replaced a single mainblade on my CB180Q, then realized slight vibrations and a kind of TBE. blade tracking was fine... so i weighted the blades.
Funny: the blades that came with the heli were all 6.15 -6.20 gramms each.
my (original walkera!) blades - two sets- were all 6.65 gramms each.

after installing two "new" blades (both 6.65 gramms) the vibrations and TBE was gone...

regards
klaus
klausbub is offline Find More Posts by klausbub
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:25 AM
Joined Apr 2007
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klausbub View Post
hi,

some days ago i replaced a single mainblade on my CB180Q, then realized slight vibrations and a kind of TBE. blade tracking was fine... so i weighted the blades.
Funny: the blades that came with the heli were all 6.15 -6.20 gramms each.
my (original walkera!) blades - two sets- were all 6.65 gramms each.

after installing two "new" blades (both 6.65 gramms) the vibrations and TBE was gone...

regards
klaus
There isn't any vibration on my cb100. I did balance the blades using a balancer. Each blade weighs 6.20g exactly. Damn TBE. I should try a new rotor head. Did u get a good rotor head on your CB100?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:12 AM
Joined Oct 2009
593 Posts
Complain to dealer. Get free replacement. But first check if it's you main gear. That can cause the vibrations your seeing.
aerorotor is offline Find More Posts by aerorotor
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:14 AM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by altronpower View Post
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...7#post13546747

Just wondering how many of you have gotten bad rotor heads right out of the box with the Walkera CB100 and CB180. Aren't these heads supposed to be CNC cut?
There was in fact a bad run of rotor heads for this heli. That is why guys like Wow ran out of parts. They had to repair all of the bad NIB RTF packages they were sent by Walkera. Also explains why the guys who test fly every heli before shipping (i.e., Wow & Rchobbyhelicopter, etc) have no choice but to raise their prices a bit to compensate for the time and parts needed to service everything and keep us all happy (for the most part). Tough business to be in for sure. I am glad I am just a flyer and major tinkerer.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:27 PM
Joined Apr 2007
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
There was in fact a bad run of rotor heads for this heli. That is why guys like Wow ran out of parts. They had to repair all of the bad NIB RTF packages they were sent by Walkera. Also explains why the guys who test fly every heli before shipping (i.e., Wow & Rchobbyhelicopter, etc) have no choice but to raise their prices a bit to compensate for the time and parts needed to service everything and keep us all happy (for the most part). Tough business to be in for sure. I am glad I am just a flyer and major tinkerer.
Hmmm so are the rotors all good now? Is it safe to order a new rotor and assume that it is going to be a good one?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:13 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,774 Posts
My rotor head wabbles also (Brain to thumb missfire).
John at rchobbiehelicopter has them in stock.
Mine should be here tomorrow.
I think I should have ordered a couple.

Robert
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:54 PM
Blue Bell, PA USA
Joined Sep 2008
910 Posts
I don't want to knock eHirobo as he is a reputable dealer, but this is why I advise folks in the US to buy their helis fom US vensors. Dealing with John from RCHobbyHelicopter, or Rick from ClubHeli is much easier when you have a problem. I know that Wow and ClubHeli individually test fly every single helicopter before it is sent to you. A very good service!
Steve Joblin is offline Find More Posts by Steve Joblin