HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2015, 09:22 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DeltaFly View Post
I'm looking further on up the road towards the EF 50cc Laser-EXP
+1... don't forget the 100CC too. In the 60" size, and this says a lot if you know me, but the Laser has taken preference over my Extra. I am a Extra guy.
bryansifsof44 is online now Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2015, 09:40 PM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
2,255 Posts
Same here. I want the MXS (which we know is comming) and crossed fingers on a Laser. Heck I've been waiting to hear news on the electric 74 Laser, but my feelings may change after I maiden the 91 Yak and may not want to fill that gap from 60 to 9X. First things first though, I need to finish the Yak before anything else.
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672
Old Jan 23, 2015, 10:59 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,418 Posts
I asked about the electric 74" and they are still in development according to Curtis. Same as the 94" MXS. If EF keeps up their current trend than the 9X" laser should be next and I would rather wait for it over the MXS.

Maybe my brain has finally fried, but I don't feel like having more than just the 104 extra in 120cc. As they get bigger they get less agile and the EF is the only one with the CF reinforcement and has clearly been designed for XA.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7
Old Jan 24, 2015, 03:02 AM
Joined Oct 2011
4,915 Posts
I really want a 104 Extra, but how many EF extras does a guy need... plus the laser has really grown on me. With a 70CC MXS in the works I really hope a "new" 100-120cc project is next. I think I may be ready to try a edge again, so if EF came out with Laser or Edge in this size then I'm in. I know the updated 120cc Yak is coming out and I really like the way yaks fly, just not me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 05:07 AM
Joined Oct 2011
4,915 Posts
Been quiet last few days.
Here is a short video showing the 91 in a few pull outs as well as a shot of it pulling the scale.
The motor keeps getting stronger and started ripping the 24x9 today. Before motor was up to test start temp... it was pulling just over 42lbs on the scale. RPMs were virtually identical as the week before, but pulled a steady 40lbs with a start temp of 215F on temp sensor. Only difference was the ambient temp was -6F this week vs 26F last week.
So I now have two data points:
Ambient temp 26F, 6870RPMs, motor temp 215F, steady 38.7lbs on fish scale.
Ambient temp -6F, 6900RPMs, motor temp 215F, steady 40lbs on the fish scale.

Extreme Flight 91" Extra (3 min 27 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 07:39 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
7,386 Posts
Fantastic power, Bryan. Great job. I'm really impressed with that prop's performance, and your flying too. No one can complain about either.

When I get my new power system for the 35% project I'm working on, I'll have to run some 24x9 comparisons in the slightly different temps here. If you recall, the 155g 24x10 CF Falcon was pulling only 33.5 pounds at 6550 RPMs here, and the 181g Mejzlik 24x10TH was pulling virtually the same when we ran a side-by-side with the two props. TimmyC was getting a steady 36 pounds at 6885 during his test... another summer sample. The 24B Vess was doing 40.5 at 6995.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: PAR Calculator
Old Today, 07:39 AM
2.3 D Hack Bradenton FL
Joined Dec 2010
188 Posts
Looks like a great combination !!

Just curious , at what temp was the HS needle set ?
With a big drop in temp more fuel can be burned,,,,,may bump the scale a little too.
Frankjp
frankjp is offline Find More Posts by frankjp
Old Today, 09:17 AM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
2,255 Posts
Wow, nice pull outs. I debated what to put in my Yak for quite some time. I decided to try something I've never tried before. Gas. I just ordered a pair of ES pipes for the DA 70 yesterday.
Old Today, 09:55 AM
Not as Good as The Kid
South Pasadena, FL
Joined Sep 2009
7,386 Posts
A pair of ES pipes for the DA-70? What's that, about $1400 all-up? Since the 91 Yak comes in about a pound lighter than the 300 (so I'm told), you may need a five point harness too.
Aeroplayin is online now Find More Posts by Aeroplayin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: PAR Calculator
Old Today, 12:00 PM
John
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
2,255 Posts
I haven't bought the headers yet, but the pipes alone are $410 shipped.
Old Today, 12:47 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroplayin View Post
Fantastic power, Bryan. Great job. I'm really impressed with that prop's performance, and your flying too. No one can complain about either.

When I get my new power system for the 35% project I'm working on, I'll have to run some 24x9 comparisons in the slightly different temps here. If you recall, the 155g 24x10 CF Falcon was pulling only 33.5 pounds at 6550 RPMs here, and the 181g Mejzlik 24x10TH was pulling virtually the same when we ran a side-by-side with the two props. TimmyC was getting a steady 36 pounds at 6885 during his test... another summer sample. The 24B Vess was doing 40.5 at 6995.
Thanks for the kind words... even though the cold had its downside, there is a appearant upside in performance for 3D flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankjp View Post
Looks like a great combination !!

Just curious , at what temp was the HS needle set ?
With a big drop in temp more fuel can be burned,,,,,may bump the scale a little too.
Frankjp
It was still a hair rich at 26F, but with the thicker air at -6F it was getting pretty close to dialed in. I'll probably loose a bit of performance having to lean a bit as temps come back up... Might have to prop up to with less load of the thinner air as performance peaks. I am hoping Falcon comes out with a 25x9, but it may be time to try the 25x8W and 24x10s I have. That said they have a lot to live up to after the 24x9.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 12:51 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
I haven't bought the headers yet, but the pipes alone are $410 shipped.
Wow didn't realize they were that much. With the right header lengths it should be a monster. I just didn't want to deal with the added tuning from the pipes and reduced midrange throttle response. That said if any motor could loose a little midrange and still perform well its this motor. Please keep us informed.
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 02:12 PM
Huckin around the Shire
USA, NH, Manchester
Joined Jun 2010
1,418 Posts
I have my 70 on pipes. I need to dig to see if I got hat cam before the 92 died. There is no mid range issue with the ES. I posted the RPM numbers back in October I think. It is the noise I needed and it is very quiet. Someone has a video of the Yak with the setup, only the guy runs smoke, which is killing the pipe power so kind of bad example.

Yes, the setup is expensive.
Enterprise7 is online now Find More Posts by Enterprise7