Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2 View Post
Thank you all....and yes, I still ride at 78!!!! Ya can't keep this old hoss down
fer long! Restored (cleaned up, and TLC'd) a 1981 Suzuki GS250L that a rancher buddy gave me. 1,561 miles on that little beauty and it purrs now.

Maybe after the wife gets through with her redecorating wishes I can get back to my flyin' and repairing.

G
Gerald, let's be real here a minute. You're 78 and actually hold the fantasy that your wife will EVER get through redecorating? C'mon, man, I've done more house remodeling and rearranging furniture that a weeks worth of HGTV shows and my wife ain't even wound up yet.

I wish you lived close. My dad's 81 and every Saturday morning we eat breakfast at Denny's. At some point in the conversation the subject turns to bikes. Dad had a few down through the years and and I can tell he wants at least one more shot at the highway. I try to encourage him and tell him I'll buy two if he'll ride one but I get the "I'd feel like a fool. Too old to get back on one". Funny thing is there's a "biker gang" that rolls up just about the time we're leaving every week and I guarantee that half are at least in their late 70's. If I could make friends with some of them maybe they could bring him into the circle.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:46 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosteve View Post
That reminds me to tell you guys, again... I ain't never getting merried!
Merried? You better hope you don't go without getting merried, at least occasionally Steve. Now.........married? Maybe not.

Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:48 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 26, 2012, 08:52 PM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Cool! Bikes, woodies and Marlon Brand............errrr.........Gerald.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:00 PM
aejr sucks little black ones
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Nov 2007
3,876 Posts
Off down to the beach now Sean, seeing if any new kneeling hi-jump records are being set.

we just got through Australia Day public holiday yesterday and I noticed all kinds of records being set; the number flags you can fly from your ute (pickup) the number of sausages you can throw on a BBQ, the number of beers people can drink in a day, the number of drunking teenagers it takes to stop a car on the Esplanade, and probably kneeling hi-jump on the beach.

Luckily I had my little Sun-Frau with me to keep me on the straight and narrow so no sore head today. Women, who would have thought they coukld be so useful!!!

Have a good weekend chaps and chapette.
atmosteve is offline Find More Posts by atmosteve
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:02 AM
On Hiatus.
Mobile, AL
Joined Aug 2006
1,213 Posts
Quote:
... it's what you do with what you got that counts.
Told that to an old girlfriend once. And she agreed!
Tango Juliet is offline Find More Posts by Tango Juliet
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:28 AM
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,471 Posts
Man, you guys crack me up The 70's were a blur, the 60,s were a blast And I was just growing up in the 50,s G man , nice cuffs, and bars But to put the thread back on track. I put some wood togeather, well, some carbon and wood, I love to learn new things!

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:03 AM
Hi-Start Man
Texas Panhandle
Joined Dec 2004
101 Posts
Gerald
I had an old Cushman that looked a lot like yours. It was called a Highlander and had a 5 Horse power BS engine, Run about 45 mph. One speed. Then I moved up to a Cushman Eagle, 8 HP and 2 speed. It would run about 55-60. Rode it to school nearly every day, about 3 miles. Windshield and comfort cover on the front. That was back in 1959-62. Eagle looked like a motorcycle with fuel tank up front. Paid $175 used and sold it for $250. Now they go for about $5000.00. Live and learn.
A.B.

Remember Dad talking about riding an old Harley Davidson 74 and HD 45.
olyman is offline Find More Posts by olyman
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:55 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanpcola View Post
Hey, where's Katie?
Been keeping busy. Still stink of epoxy.

http://www.bayrc.com/boards/viewtopi...=9040&start=90

The tails will come out tomorrow. Cross your fingers!

Quote:
Anyone tested out the beta rcg style yet?
I've been using it nearly since the beginning several months ago. It's been a VERY amusing ride, waking up each morning to see what changes they did over night.

I was given a pair of OLD DLG fuses, one missing a v-stab, and one rudderless that I want to cut a rudder into. I am thinking long and hard about stretching a Bug wing to fit one of them.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Jan 27, 2012, 02:24 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alstrahm View Post
Man, you guys crack me up The 70's were a blur, the 60,s were a blast And I was just growing up in the 50,s G man , nice cuffs, and bars But to put the thread back on track. I put some wood togeather, well, some carbon and wood, I love to learn new things!

Al
Ya'll make me feel like a young'n! I can actually only remember as far back as Eisenhower. (And, yes, I DO remember seein' Eisenhower on TV!)

I finally got another piece of ceiling tile for a pinning surface. Trying to figure out what I want to put on the short build list next. BoT, Bug or Mimi. Or sumpin' with a spinny t'ing. A Stik knock off or an Ellipstik.

Nightowl
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:05 AM
Balsa Builder. With some foam.
Eastern Norway Scandinavia
Joined Dec 2009
1,095 Posts
I maiden my motorized Sig Riser 100. A couple of days ago. Calm cold winter day, with lot of soft snow.
It was much faster than i thought! I use to believe that those older wood glider where slow.
It went fine, only one hard landing. But I thought it had to little rudder authority. Is it an idea to expand the rudder surface a little, for better control when turning?
ArneHu is offline Find More Posts by ArneHu
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:26 AM
Torn 'twixt buildin' and flyin
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2007
7,236 Posts
I don't know what you were expecting in the way of "rudder authority," but I will say that is not a complaint I commonly hear about the Risers. I would check the throws on the rudder first, Arne. I have not built the Riser 100, but I have the plan, and I have built the Riser 2M, and it looked to have PLENTY of rudder area. I would just try to move linkages in servo arms and control horns to see if I could increase the deflection a bit more, before rebuilding a tail with more area.

Nightowl
TheNightowl is offline Find More Posts by TheNightowl
Old Jan 27, 2012, 06:53 AM
United States, OH, Bradford
Joined Jun 2005
4,144 Posts
Arne, that's a good indication you're probably flying too slow. That might also explain the hard landing. Get the nose down a little more and get some airflow over that rudder, the whole plane should b happier.
Don Stackhouse is online now Find More Posts by Don Stackhouse
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:57 AM
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,092 Posts
Quote:
Off down to the beach now Sean, seeing if any new kneeling hi-jump records are being set.

You bringing your dog with ya Steve?

Old Jan 27, 2012, 10:42 AM
≡LSF8067≡
Bedford, TX
Joined Oct 2007
2,851 Posts
Lookin good, Al! The Oculus looks like a real winner. It's more carbonated than my home brewed suds .

What's all this about age....old schmold...you're as old as you feel. Some days I'm 18 and some days I'm 80. I would venture, on average, we all feel like we're in our prime.....rock on gents.
dwells is offline Find More Posts by dwells