HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2006, 11:49 PM
Isaiah 40:31
Joined Mar 2006
1,468 Posts
Question
Rotor Blades from Heli-Direct?

Anyone have some feedback concerning the flat bottom & symmetrical rotor blades that Heli-Direct is offering? At $8.00 a set, I'm going to buy five sets or better, but I'm a touch worried about fit due to their compatibilty with the Blade & Honeybee, which have slightly different grip thicknesses. I don't want to screw with shims, so if anyone is running these blades on their Blade CP, I would really appreciate some quick feedback. Thanks so much!
Rare Bear is offline Find More Posts by Rare Bear
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2006, 08:11 AM
Learn, Crash, Learn!
BFE, Texas
Joined Jan 2006
16 Posts
I got a couple of sets of the symmetrical CP2 blades and they were as good or better than the OEM's. I saw that was a bottomless pit though and went plastic. If the tip of a wood blade barely dinged a couch or chair, POW, a chunk was missing and the coating was flapping in the breeze. Since I changed over to plastic I managed to knock a chunk of wood out of a table leg and not even a mark on the blade. They are too heavy for 3d but it'll be ages before that causes me any problem.
Kevin
Flopper is offline Find More Posts by Flopper
Old Mar 11, 2006, 03:07 PM
Rapid City, SD
Joined Jan 2006
725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Bear
Anyone have some feedback concerning the flat bottom & symmetrical rotor blades that Heli-Direct is offering? At $8.00 a set, I'm going to buy five sets or better, but I'm a touch worried about fit due to their compatibilty with the Blade & Honeybee, which have slightly different grip thicknesses. I don't want to screw with shims, so if anyone is running these blades on their Blade CP, I would really appreciate some quick feedback. Thanks so much!

They work great in my Esky CP2s with no shimming required! And the price is pretty decent to boot! Put a layer of packing tape on the outer 4 inches and that really toughens them up to minor dings. If you looking for cheap blades while you learn to fly (they are flat bottom blades) check out the PE Blades at $3.75 a set from heli-fever.com They take an amazing amount of abuse and still fly (give them a coat of packing tape for extra strength).

-Scott
SSG Scott is offline Find More Posts by SSG Scott
Old Mar 11, 2006, 05:03 PM
Joined Jul 2004
658 Posts
i got plasti-blade,
they track very well. no more braking blade
CaptEvo is offline Find More Posts by CaptEvo
Old Mar 11, 2006, 09:27 PM
RALEIGH, NC
Joined Feb 2006
983 Posts
Where do i get plastic blades for my cp??
Crash549 is offline Find More Posts by Crash549
Old Mar 11, 2006, 09:41 PM
Get back here, you!!
Santa Ana, California
Joined May 2005
606 Posts
You can get Plasti-Blades here.

Brent.
bikenboatn is offline Find More Posts by bikenboatn
Old Mar 12, 2006, 08:52 AM
Joined Aug 2003
237 Posts
The flat bottoms are the worst performing blades ever installed on my Blade - all 6 pr, never again, thin airfoil. The semis were OK - all 6 pr, still rather thin, the ESkys' were better - 1 pr. The OEMs Flat bottoms are very good - @$15 I didn't count, the OEM CF are wonderful - 1 pr. That was 2/12 months of experience.

My $.02
fatboy is offline Find More Posts by fatboy