SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Apr 10, 2014, 10:51 AM
Registered User
tware's Avatar
Little Rock, AR
Joined Nov 2005
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi1 View Post
Just finished mine a little over a month ago.
awesome graphics, did you do those yourself?

I too haven't built mine
tware is offline Find More Posts by tware
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 11, 2014, 07:29 AM
Registered User
Clinton,CT
Joined Aug 2004
242 Posts
I looked at some of the paint jobs on their site and cut out some stencils from heavy poster card stock. Go on you tube and look up foamy air brush plenty of good info there. Very happy with the results been about 10 years since I had the airbrush out last. As for build info just use the this thread with the pics and text and get buildin the end result will be just great this plane in this size kicks butt! Yogi
Yogi1 is offline Find More Posts by Yogi1
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:49 AM
Registered User
WMParkFlyer's Avatar
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,720 Posts
Heading for Muncie ! Stop in and see us

WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2014, 09:37 AM
"Some do, some don't"
old_coastie's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jul 2013
721 Posts
Fun in a Little Package

Just recently finished the build on this one, just in time for Horizon Indoor...

This morning was 26 degrees but no wind... This plane is a blast...

Mark R.

old_coastie
old_coastie is online now Find More Posts by old_coastie
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2014, 09:50 AM
Registered User
WMParkFlyer's Avatar
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coastie View Post
Just recently finished the build on this one, just in time for Horizon Indoor...

This morning was 26 degrees but no wind... This plane is a blast...

Mark R.

old_coastie

That really looks sharp ! I like the two tone paint ! Good job
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2014, 03:02 PM
"Some do, some don't"
old_coastie's Avatar
United States, MI, Grand Rapids
Joined Jul 2013
721 Posts
Good Weather Shouldn't go to waste

A Just a short little vid... You know what they say, no video, It didn't happen...

Just think what a real 3D Pilot could do with this thing....

Mark R.

old_coastie


WMPF Micro McFoamy X Day Two (5 min 15 sec)
old_coastie is online now Find More Posts by old_coastie
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2014, 05:23 PM
Registered User
United States, MI, Edwardsburg
Joined Jun 2013
26 Posts
Where does this go?

Ok, it's that time of year for me to try & build a foamy again.

Since there are no instructions and just a few pictures, I cannot figure out where the parts inside the oval cut out are supposed to go.
Can someone let me know?
Todd_R is offline Find More Posts by Todd_R
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2014, 08:23 PM
Registered User
WMParkFlyer's Avatar
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_R View Post
Ok, it's that time of year for me to try & build a foamy again.

Since there are no instructions and just a few pictures, I cannot figure out where the parts inside the oval cut out are supposed to go.
Can someone let me know?
The triangle pieces are motor mount backers. After you glue on the light plywood firewall these are glued on the back of the plywood and to the side of the fuse.

You can see the white pieces glued on behind the plywood. Top bottom left and right.

The round pieces are extra support for where the landing gear goes through the fuse.

If you look close you can see the landing gear doublers in this picture on the sides of the bottom fuse.
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by WMParkFlyer; Nov 15, 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 07:41 AM
Registered User
United States, MI, Edwardsburg
Joined Jun 2013
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMParkFlyer View Post
The triangle pieces are motor mount backers. After you glue on the light plywood firewall these are glued on the back of the plywood and to the side of the fuse.

You can see the white pieces glued on behind the plywood. Top bottom left and right.

The round pieces are extra support for where the landing gear goes through the fuse.

If you look close you can see the landing gear doublers in this picture on the sides of the bottom fuse.
Great, thanks.

How about recommended control throws? What's been working out for everyone?
Todd_R is offline Find More Posts by Todd_R
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2014, 02:32 PM
Registered User
WMParkFlyer's Avatar
Jenison
Joined Nov 2009
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_R View Post
Great, thanks.

How about recommended control throws? What's been working out for everyone?
For my taste I always Max out the rudder on all rates. I find it is needed in most indoor venues.

Elevator and ailerons I set up low rates at about 1/2 inch either way and mid rates between that and max throws.

For mid rates I use 50% expo and 65 to 70% expo on high rates to tame down the center.

Depending on your flying style you might use less expo.
WMParkFlyer is offline Find More Posts by WMParkFlyer
RCG Plus Member
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Build Log My design off of mcfoamy X TMAC4123 3D Foamies 2 Apr 10, 2014 05:00 PM
Discussion From MSR X to micro CP, but which one? Gian8 Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric) 14 Feb 24, 2013 01:37 AM
Yippee! 1st Place Freestyle in Uni-dome with the new WMPF Mcfoamy X =) TMAC4123 Electric Plane Talk 2 Feb 22, 2013 06:29 AM
Build Log WMPARKFLYERS.COM Yak55 tallflyer 3D Foamies 3 Nov 24, 2010 10:13 PM