HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:13 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Dec 2011
368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Well guys, I can unequivocally say: "paddles, paddles, paddles, paddles, paddles, paddles, paddles!!!"

Not one crash with 15mph gusts on two batteries, no lofting to the clouds. Very controllable in fighting the wind and heading into it. Diving greatly reduced. I even fought a couple of brave dragonflies. I was able to do a very controlled landing on both batteries, which I couldn't do before outside with wind. If you want to fly your V911 outside, this is the one mod that made the biggest difference in outside flight.

I just got a notice for USPS delivery, so I'll pick it up tommorrow. I'm hoping it's my 9958 that I can test run and compare to.
Can you give me a part number or link to the paddles... I tried looking this morning but the ones I found didn't look right
cpuken is offline Find More Posts by cpuken
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Jan 2012
47 Posts
Does Alixexpress use Paypal? If not how are transactions carried out?
FrugalisFlyer is offline Find More Posts by FrugalisFlyer
Old Feb 23, 2012, 07:19 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by massiveoverkill View Post
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/in...oducts_id=8162

it comes with 2 sets of paddles, one set was for my v911, and the other set is for my incoming 9958. It fits on the xtreme carbon flybar for the solo pro, and it could fit on the stock flybar with some ca. Using some of the pre-drilled holes used to lighten the paddle.

If you're only going to do inside flying, i'd say stick with the medium weights (unless you're in a gym or auditorium). She's so fast with the paddles that inside i have to use basic rates. If you're going to do both, then definately get the paddles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpuken View Post
can you give me a part number or link to the paddles... I tried looking this morning but the ones i found didn't look right
fyi.........it's not just the paddles, it's the MSR carbon flybar from Xtreme
MassiveOverkill is online now Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Feb 23, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadglidec View Post
post#3633
Thanks - I had seen that post but didn't remember seeing the picture thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
First of all, check for in and out play between the blade and the head. Seems to be a quality control problem, so you might not have a problem.
If you can see any movement as you pull the blade in and out, that needs sorting.
Unscrew and pull off one blade. Pop a washer on to the pin sticking out the head, then slide the blade back on and screw it up. If you are lucky, you should find the play has been reduced, or if very lucky, gone altogether.
I was lucky.
What you are aiming for is no in/out play, but the blades still free to rotate around the pin.
Thanks so much for your help BL. I do have the shuddering but don't seem to have as much play as indicated in the pictures. I was hoping a washer would fix me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalisFlyer View Post
Does Alixexpress use Paypal? If not how are transactions carried out?
Aliexpress only does major credit cards and money transfer (western union)
WinterKill is offline Find More Posts by WinterKill
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:19 PM
I need a bigger shed..
Australia, TAS, Launceston
Joined Nov 2011
1,498 Posts
Quote:
fyi.........it's not just the paddles, it's the MSR carbon flybar from Xtreme
The fly bar and paddles are a direct 'drop-in' replacement? Ill buy it!
sammyc is offline Find More Posts by sammyc
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc View Post
The fly bar and paddles are a direct 'drop-in' replacement? Ill buy it!
Well no. The Xtreme carbon flybar for the Solo Pro isn't a drop-in for the V911 unless you get a Solo Pro head or Xtreme delrin head AND Solo Pro blades.

To make the Xtreme carbon flybar for the Solo Pro to fit the V911, you need to enlarge the feathering shaft hole and also sand down the sides of the flybar.........a time-consuming task.

Once that is done the paddles from the Xtreme carbon flybar for the Blade MSR will fit right onto the ends of the Xtreme carbon flybar for the Solo Pro.

Cliff's notes:

1) You need to buy the Xtreme carbon flybar for the Solo Pro and modify it for your stock V911 head unless you have a Solo Pro head and blades.

2) You need to buy the Xtreme carbon flybar for the Blade MSR, you're not using the flybar itself but the paddles that come with it. If anyone can find paddles seperately or another brand of paddles that fit, please speak up.

3) If you have a Xieda 9958, then you're not wasting money as you can use the flybar and 2nd set of paddles for it.

4) Send me lots of $$$ for being your Guinea Pig
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 23, 2012, 08:59 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Lord View Post
Hi Guys

Changing subject.
Looking at AE site, I notice they do a swashplate which comes with a bearing.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/1...recabbage.html

The one from Banggood does not, but they do list bearings among the spares.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-2-...t-p-39614.html

Trouble is, I don't know if these are swash bearings or mainshaft bearings.
Any ideas?
The picture of the bearings shown on Banggood are the swash bearings. You can tell because they have the open race on the bottom side. The main shaft bearings don't have open races.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:02 PM
Joined Feb 2011
5,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
The picture of the bearings shown on Banggood are the swash bearings. You can tell because they have the open race on the bottom side. The main shaft bearings don't have open races.
It's funny that they're closed race, as I bought some stock Trex 100 mainshaft bearings and they're open cage.
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 23, 2012, 09:46 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Msr Paddles

Quote:
Well guys, I can unequivocally say: "paddles, paddles, paddles, paddles, paddles, paddles, paddles!!!"

Not one crash with 15mph gusts on two batteries, no lofting to the clouds. Very controllable in fighting the wind and heading into it. Diving greatly reduced. I even fought a couple of brave dragonflies. I was able to do a very controlled landing on both batteries, which I couldn't do before outside with wind. If you want to fly your V911 outside, this is the one mod that made the biggest difference in outside flight.

I just got a notice for USPS delivery, so I'll pick it up tommorrow. I'm hoping it's my 9958 that I can test run and compare to.
Hey, thanks for the Paddle reports Massive... very interesting Wind-Cutting abilities mit der paddles! Just when I thought I wouldn't spend/mod my V911 anymore.... LOL

It's been ~2c above zero here lately... so I decided to take my Wh/Red V911 outside. It was a little gustly yesterday... but it was a BLAST! It sucks that It was like flying into a wall, whenever I would fly against the wind! same with flying it today too.
I was thinking Doh, it flys sucky with any breeze jus like some ppl have reported... But buddy just posted those great Island vids with nice breeze/slight wind flying.
And as I had the "peanut gallery" (couple of neighbours) beeing boisterous and loud watching me try and fly against the breezes.... then a huge "lightbulb moment" happened... the Dual Rate button! I pressed that baby.... and my V911 was cutting thru the wind/breezes quite well! At one breezy FFF pass, she was losing altitude... but I kept it wide-open... the landing skids skipped-off the ice patch on the ground with the V911 richocheting and gaining altitude fast! W00p! Another wide-open pass... she was losing a bit of altitude and heading right for the base of a Snow/Ice hill.... right before what I thought would be a bad impact... it swooped-up along the slope of the Ice hill! Loads of fun!
(White/Red V911 with Xtreme CNC swash-plate and small amount of sound deadening in nose)

Now, I'll have to try the Paddles for better wind performance, and put-in another order... curse you! lol j/k
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:03 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
906 Posts
Well I too just could not resist and bought a BNF for $24.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:33 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,013 Posts
FlySky TH9X and V911

Ok guys, so how many of you did the plunge and got a "real" TX for the V911??

As far as I am concerned, I am stoked!!! !!!

I bought the flysky even though I already have a DX6i because of the CXs (and mSR and SR120) and a WK2801 Pro because of the LM3 (but that is a VERY long story ...)

So why get another "full size TX"??

Because it binds with the V911 and the Xieda 9958 and has individual receivers that I could use on almost any heli imaginable (even though I have heard comment along the lines of "I would not entrust a 1000$ heli to a 40$ TX" - ooops that just solved itself, as the 40$ TX no longer exists ...)

Anyway, I am drifting off topic, sorry!!

I will definitely write more about this on my blog, but as far as I am concerned, the 90$ I spent (shipped!!!) on the FlySky were the best 90$ I spent in RC in a VERY loooong time!

It took me a while to get to grips even with the most basic functions of this TX ... but today curiosity got the better of me - and I tried to fit the TH9X for the V911.
That meant (after doing the Lipo battery mod and finally putting my Turnigy TX battery to good use) dedicating the model memory #1 for the V911-1
Then I had to fiddle around to do all the other setups.

Well, eventually I had everything setup - the only thing missing was the heli ???
Maybe some of you remember me saying my V911 broke and it did only spin ... well, it DOESN'T with the FlySky ...

Anyway, it did not for one battery and I hope it will stay like this!!! And let me tell you - I bought the TX because of the SIZE (I NEED the full size TX!!!) but this "thing" has another, absolutely unbelievable "side-effect":

The OVERSENSITIVITY of the RUD ... is ... GONE!!!

With this TX I make a 1per minute pirorate, smooth as silk!!! It is absolutely amazing!!
But then again, that is just me (maybe I am only to dumb to also do this on the stock TX ... however, seeing how many others reported an oversensitive rudder, I think I can dare to rule this out)

So, if there is one thing the TH9X did for me (and that on the very first day!!!) it is that it cured the rudder sensitivity ... and that alone is worth every penny of this purchase to get rid of the PITA stock TX ...

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:55 PM
We NEED a LiPo w a USB plug!!!
Orland Park, Illinois
Joined Feb 2010
426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Ok guys, so how many of you did the plunge and got a "real" TX for the V911??

As far as I am concerned, I am stoked!!! !!!

I bought the flysky even though I already have a DX6i because of the CXs (and mSR and SR120) and a WK2801 Pro because of the LM3 (but that is a VERY long story ...)

So why get another "full size TX"??

Because it binds with the V911 and the Xieda 9958 and has individual receivers that I could use on almost any heli imaginable (even though I have heard comment along the lines of "I would not entrust a 1000$ heli to a 40$ TX" - ooops that just solved itself, as the 40$ TX no longer exists ...)

Anyway, I am drifting off topic, sorry!!

I will definitely write more about this on my blog, but as far as I am concerned, the 90$ I spent (shipped!!!) on the FlySky were the best 90$ I spent in RC in a VERY loooong time!

It took me a while to get to grips even with the most basic functions of this TX ... but today curiosity got the better of me - and I tried to fit the TH9X for the V911.
That meant (after doing the Lipo battery mod and finally putting my Turnigy TX battery to good use) dedicating the model memory #1 for the V911-1
Then I had to fiddle around to do all the other setups.

Well, eventually I had everything setup - the only thing missing was the heli ???
Maybe some of you remember me saying my V911 broke and it did only spin ... well, it DOESN'T with the FlySky ...

Anyway, it did not for one battery and I hope it will stay like this!!! And let me tell you - I bought the TX because of the SIZE (I NEED the full size TX!!!) but this "thing" has another, absolutely unbelievable "side-effect":

The OVERSENSITIVITY of the RUD ... is ... GONE!!!

With this TX I make a 1per minute pirorate, smooth as silk!!! It is absolutely amazing!!
But then again, that is just me (maybe I am only to dumb to also do this on the stock TX ... however, seeing how many others reported an oversensitive rudder, I think I can dare to rule this out)

So, if there is one thing the TH9X did for me (and that on the very first day!!!) it is that it cured the rudder sensitivity ... and that alone is worth every penny of this purchase to get rid of the PITA stock TX ...

Do you know who has the best price on that Tx at this time?
IceRail is offline Find More Posts by IceRail
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Mar 2007
273 Posts
Where are you guys getting the new 130mah batteries for the V911 from? I'm the guy who convinced Chris at WL Toys to offer them; and I would just like to know where you are buying them, and can you buy just the 130mah battery by itself? How much and where?
hope12839 is offline Find More Posts by hope12839
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:36 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope12839 View Post
Where are you guys getting the new 130mah batteries for the V911 from? I'm the guy who convinced Chris at WL Toys to offer them; and I would just like to know where you are buying them, and can you buy just the 130mah battery by itself? How much and where?
I'm in China right now so I just ordered them off of Taobao.com (the local equivalent of ebay). They are around 16 rmb each (around 3 usd?)
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:36 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,119 Posts
i am starting to hate banggood.
each time i am back i see an higher price, now 53$ full pack.

Heli alone: 35$
Two batt: 10$
charger alone: 5$
-----------------------
total: 50$ without the radio.

so the radio alone is 3$ value ? those prices are no sense. 40$ was the correct price,
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1