HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:10 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,096 Posts
Holy Bat Cave, Spidey! You have come a looong way since the Champ days Whirl!

Blu:
The CY is a fantastic plane. You have seen mine hit the ground hard, and still fly like nothing ever happend. It is designed by Chris Jewett (3D pro) and designed by Cody Wojzcik (former 3D pro). It flies tight! You will enjoy it and so will the rest of the Bay Area Flyers
Nighthawk74 is offline Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:50 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,096 Posts
Hey Foamy

In case you decide on getting the 130X. There is 1 thing you NEED to know. The mCPx had a gear issue. The main gear would slip down on the shaft, after a crash, or after normal wear and tear. The fix was to push the main gear up a few mms on the shaft. You DON'T want to do that with the 130X!! Please don't ask me how I know The repair cost me a small fortune, due to the gear mesh tightening and over burdening the motor and in the end a major crash into a tree. The damage was a burnt out servo. Replaced it, but the new servo would move to an extreme position once I powered on. So the 3-1 unit was also damaged and needed replacement...and so on...Instead of buying a second 130X and keeping the original as a spare, I decided to try and fix it myself. Learning the compexities of a shaft driven CP micro heli first hand is not easy. If only I didn't push that gear.

Have a nice day
NH
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 08:58 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
I did some Crack (Yak) at the gym yesterday. Enjoy
https://vimeo.com/88390265

Great flying there Steve
looking good with the 3D there

And Blu .............. I'll be looking to see you get "cracking" there too
foamyflyerr is offline Find More Posts by foamyflyerr
Old Mar 07, 2014, 09:01 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
Hey Foamy

In case you decide on getting the 130X. There is 1 thing you NEED to know. The mCPx had a gear issue. The main gear would slip down on the shaft, after a crash, or after normal wear and tear. The fix was to push the main gear up a few mms on the shaft. You DON'T want to do that with the 130X!! Please don't ask me how I know The repair cost me a small fortune, due to the gear mesh tightening and over burdening the motor and in the end a major crash into a tree. The damage was a burnt out servo. Replaced it, but the new servo would move to an extreme position once I powered on. So the 3-1 unit was also damaged and needed replacement...and so on...Instead of buying a second 130X and keeping the original as a spare, I decided to try and fix it myself. Learning the compexities of a shaft driven CP micro heli first hand is not easy. If only I didn't push that gear.

Have a nice day
NH
Hey there NH , thanks for the info
I am more then familiar with that shaft issue with the MCPX
So on the 130x what is the fix for that.
Old Mar 07, 2014, 09:23 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamyflyerr View Post
Hey there NH , thanks for the info
I am more then familiar with that shaft issue with the MCPX
So on the 130x what is the fix for that.
It's not an issue with the 130. When I recieved my heli, I gave it a once over, and thought the main gear could use a little shove in the right direction. My initial thought was to treat it like a bigger mCPX...it's not.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 10:32 AM
Joined Jun 2012
1,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
It's not an issue with the 130. When I recieved my heli, I gave it a once over, and thought the main gear could use a little shove in the right direction. My initial thought was to treat it like a bigger mCPX...it's not.
Thanks for the input
Yes I am considering the 130 X
Old Mar 07, 2014, 11:18 AM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
937 Posts
I have read here about people having issues with the shaft driven tail on the 130. Even people who are really good 3D flyers said that the 130 was a swing and a miss for HH, simply due to the tail gears slipping. I think that HH caught so much flak over the motor driven tail in the SR CP that they went with a shaft tail on the 130. The motor driven tail just couldn't keep up with the torque from the rotor head. 130 is prob a hard size to do that on and keep it affordable. Align makes some great helis in the 250 size but they are very pricey.
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:37 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,466 Posts
should be done building my 3dhs extra 300shp soon

the good thing about being single is that I can use the dining room table for a build and not hear any tching

the bad thing about being single is.....being single
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:54 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
4,017 Posts
She's going to be a beauty! 3dhs makes good stuff.

Lee, are you flying any brother?

Thanks fellow Crackmen, I'll be asking questions soon LOL
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Mar 07, 2014, 07:47 PM
CRASH, FIX, REPEAT
United States, KY, Bardstown
Joined Apr 2010
937 Posts
Bhoov128 that is a sweet lookin plane
Flew the heck out of my 120SR heli today.
Broke one of the carbon canopy rods and while trying to push it thru with my thumb nail it slipped and ran up under my nail. Good thing my garage door was closed because there was some bad things said.
Also flew 3 batts in the micro T-28. Forgot how fun it is.
Still wasn't calm enough to get the CY trimmed. Maybe tomm. That profile fuselage really reacts to a breeze. Gonna have my 49th B-day party Sunday and I'm hoping for some LHS gift cards. Hmm, what to get next?
helibard is offline Find More Posts by helibard
Old Mar 08, 2014, 12:20 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,143 Posts
Hey Blue...no, I havn't flown now in a lonnnnng time. Been learning about electronics lately. Studying up on coponants. Built some neet stuff here in the last few days. I now have a curcuit I designed that will charge 1s lipo's and my cell phone, batts (nimh), and my ipod, all with the sun or battery banks. I am working on a system right now that will balance charge my lipo's so I can fly even if the shtf. hahahaha
Lee
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Mar 08, 2014, 12:22 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,143 Posts
Ohh, just to clarify...I am a simple country boy. But I have learned lately how to wire and use things like diodes, electralictic capaisitors, voltage regulators, resitors, and I have wired my own transformers and coils. Woot
leethetreeguy is online now Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Mar 08, 2014, 03:07 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Good to hear from you SilentBob, oops, I mean Lee . Electronics has always been one of my interests too. I don't dabble with it much but always wished I knew more about it. I hear Radio Shack has started selling robotics stuff and so has Hobbypartz in case your widening your hobbies.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Mar 08, 2014, 06:49 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128 View Post
should be done building my 3dhs extra 300shp soon

the good thing about being single is that I can use the dining room table for a build and not hear any tching

the bad thing about being single is.....being single
haha don't get us started on the "being married" stuff...

Nice looking bird. The Snice was nice too.

Blu; Ask away!
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2014, 12:37 PM
Exodus 4:13
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
9,466 Posts
Am I mistaken in thinking one of you guys in here has one of the tech one epp indoor 3d foamies?
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick