SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:13 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Wayne, all I can offer you is that I too have stood there, looking at remnants of a plane that I had invested time, money, and hope in.......I have felt the loss and know full well the measure of emotional turmoil you're experiencing. I may have been at fault (I doubt it ) or it could have been any number of factors....none of which presented itself during a complete autopsy, but no one was hurt.....no damage to other's property occurred ........and the onlookers got the satisfaction of a sweet crash. Any pain I suffered in the wallet was dispersed by all the other pains in the ass going on in my life and the effect was minimal. Perfectionists have a hard time letting go!
It not nice to crash and even worse to loose plane completely and never find it.

It is much better feeling loosing a plane or crashing a plane that has many hours flying time on it.

Nothing worse than loosing a plane which we spend lots of time on and crash soon there after, crashing new plane sucks

Beating the out of old planes if fun because they are 3d and can take the abuse

I tried many times to break up twist 40 in the air and touch and goes

Twist 40 is unbreakable in the air
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:20 PM
BEOWULF
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
The internet is great! From a few fragmented memories of an old song came...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-9fk12ZWiU
Love the song Wayne
Keep them coming, it would be nice to hear new song everyday

I was born 1967, kind of wish I were born 1957

Or 1953
David22 is online now Find More Posts by David22
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:47 PM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Hope everyone had a great day today. I was stuck at work. But for double time and a half who would complain?
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:49 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,449 Posts
Dual Elevator servos

If memory serves, on the Futaba 9CAP / CHP you must have a 8 channel reciever since the ailevator mix uses channel 2 and 8.

Since I have a AR 7000 7 channel, 8 is out of reach. I have 8 channel FM RX's but I really dont want to go back to 72.

This leaves me the option, look in the book and move 8 to 7 on the transmitter. <not sure that is even possible?>

2.4GHz XtremeLink® 10 channel receiver.

Purchase an AR 9000

Servo Reverser
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Nov 22, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:51 AM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Wayne lol 9 lb pie that's using the ol noggin

Well the pies and turkey have been consumed although someone came in the bakery yesterday grabbed a chocolate cream pie out of the fridge brought it up to the counter they charged him for it he paid on the way out they said oh sorry what was your name so we could cross it off the list and he said OH these were pre ordered they said yes and he was apologetic but they said go ahead anyway so today we were 1 pie short at our dinner as that was MY pie lol but all was good and had a great day

I have to say I think some of you are in the wrong frame of mind, when you build a plane you have to build it with the attitude that your building it to pile drive it as hard as possible this makes the maiden or any other flight much more enjoyable and if the crash occurs you can fully enjoy it as it explodes into dust when I was 8 I statted building kits with my Dad who was not a very construction oriented guy by any means, and I built my first kit on my own when I was 10 so if a 10 year old Waldo can build a plane from sticks I'm sure all of you here posess the skills to do so way better than I ever had or even have now, so give it a try you'll love it and see exactly what I mean by a rebuild goes much quicker than the original build as we have completely totaled planes after a 2 or 3 month build and had them back in the air by the next flight week lol its just a great and rewarding challenge anyway you get it done.

Hope you all had a great day it sure sounds like most of you did and the great time spent with your families as well. Awesome
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:43 AM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
5,436 Posts
I'm happy to hear that you all had a good Thanksgiving......and those of you that didn't at least made some extra cash! (Cash is always good!) No pie for the pie maker? And you can't even go and buy a Twinkie any longer! (That's a mixed blessing right there..) Thanksgiving was a huge success here......and I'm up this morning getting 4 of my firearms ready to borrow to my nephews and their dad for the day! I took them to the range (read sand pit) and it was a nightmare.....little city slickers running around armed and not paying attention........sure glad the bullets were in my pocket! Well, my sister, in her infinite wisdom, told her boys that if they drove up here for Thanksgiving, that their uncle (me) would take them hunting..... Don't get me wrong....I love my nephews.......but wow! I was totally taken off guard! So I'm up this morning.......the winds are gusting to 45 mph and we have snow coming down at about an inch an hour with a severe weather advisory......perfect hunting weather for me down in the swamp, but for the city slicker Nintendo boys and their dad......it's either going to end very shortly cause they can't and didn't prepare for this weather......or we'll end up in the hospital! Pray for me!
snowman is online now Find More Posts by snowman
Old Nov 23, 2012, 07:35 AM
Hardrock Miner
Livingston, MT
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Will do Snowman. I know that situation all too well dealing with my nephew. It is not the fun and games they think it is.
jacklegchris is offline Find More Posts by jacklegchris
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:25 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,539 Posts
Snowy you don't have any stray cats up there?
Of course like any other animal in that weather.
They'll be hunk er down.
So you'll gotta look for them under cars. LOL
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Last edited by kerwin50; Nov 23, 2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:34 AM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
If memory serves, on the Futaba 9CAP / CHP you must have a 8 channel reciever since the ailevator mix uses channel 2 and 8.

Since I have a AR 7000 7 channel, 8 is out of reach. I have 8 channel FM RX's but I really dont want to go back to 72.

This leaves me the option, look in the book and move 8 to 7 on the transmitter. <not sure that is even possible?>

2.4GHz XtremeLink® 10 channel receiver.

Purchase an AR 9000

Servo Reverser
Ron, that is correct, the ailevator function uses channels 2 and 8. You are talking about Spektrum RXs so I am guessing you are using a Spektrum tx module?

You can mix channel 8 to 5 in the transmitter or you can create your own mix from 2 to 7 (or another channel).

I want to set up two servos to operate a single surface, but not use a preset feature like flaperons or ailevators to do so. How can I do this with a mix?
You can use a free mix to set up the twin elevator servos, or any other two-servo combination by simply doing a pmix of the primary channel to the secondary channel at 100% with trim on and link on, offset off and switch assignment NULL so that the mix is always active. Here is an example of mixing 2 to 7:

A. Standard mix from 2 to 7 to work twin elevators:

___ Press Mode (twice if needed) to open Advanced Menu
___ Dial up or down to a free Programmable Mix and press Dial to select
___ Cursor Down twice and turn dial LEFT to activate mix
___ Cursor Down and turn Dial to select channel 2 (elevator)
___ Cursor Down and turn Dial to select channel 7 (Aux1)
___ Cursor Down and turn Dial left to turn Link ON
___ Cursor Down and turn Dial left to turn Trim ON
___ Cursor Down twice and confirm switch position is NULL
___ Cursor Down, pull positive elevator, and turn Dial Left to -100%
___ Push negative elevator, and turn Dial Left to -100%
___ Press End twice to close Menu

B. Turn off default control of channel 7 in Aux-Ch screen so VRC does not affect the second elevator servo.

___ Press Mode Button (twice if needed) to open Basic menu
___ Turn Dial up or down and Press to select Aux Ch
___ Press Cursor Twice and then turn Dial left until reads CH7 NULL
___ Press End twice to close Menu
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:41 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I'm happy to hear that you all had a good Thanksgiving......and those of you that didn't at least made some extra cash! (Cash is always good!) No pie for the pie maker? And you can't even go and buy a Twinkie any longer! (That's a mixed blessing right there..) Thanksgiving was a huge success here......and I'm up this morning getting 4 of my firearms ready to borrow to my nephews and their dad for the day! I took them to the range (read sand pit) and it was a nightmare.....little city slickers running around armed and not paying attention........sure glad the bullets were in my pocket! Well, my sister, in her infinite wisdom, told her boys that if they drove up here for Thanksgiving, that their uncle (me) would take them hunting..... Don't get me wrong....I love my nephews.......but wow! I was totally taken off guard! So I'm up this morning.......the winds are gusting to 45 mph and we have snow coming down at about an inch an hour with a severe weather advisory......perfect hunting weather for me down in the swamp, but for the city slicker Nintendo boys and their dad......it's either going to end very shortly cause they can't and didn't prepare for this weather......or we'll end up in the hospital! Pray for me!
Oops! You dinged me for spelling. You italicized this so maybe you were annotating the language they used. Surely you would not use borrow instead of loan all on your own.

Maybe target shooting at an indoor range would suffice for their needs.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 09:50 AM
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,226 Posts
Waldo - You have a great attitude. I CAN do a stick build as you say. In fact, I COULD rebuild the Big Stik. Once the repairs get to a certain point, I lose a lot of interest. Hence, my Wild Stick sits in the bones waiting to be re-covered.

I guess it it kinda like that first scratch on a new car. Hey! Maybe that is why the jet is still in my office.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:46 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
5,047 Posts
Snowman Good luck out there and be careful I can just see you lying on the ground with spinners flying over head in every direction as those city slickers have themselves a good ol Shootin roundup time.

wayne I know you can, and you hit it right on the head there its really a matter of time and patients if you involve yourself in a full build project, I hope I didn't sound to arrogant to everyone in my last post I just love building so much I want to see Kits staying around so the Art of building doesn't completely vanish, which I'm sure it won't but kits are harder to come by in Hobby stores these days if you don't know where to go. I know each and everyone of you guys have the skills for building as I consider myself to be about as smart as a box LOL Snowman and DOG Know I met them both and the technical advice given on this thread by everyone just blows me away, I still don't understand half of whats being talked about in the leccy world lol so to hear some comments like "I don't have the building skills" just baffles me to death if you can slice butter you can build a plane

Oh yeah
FLY THAT DANG JET !!!!!! ROTFLOL
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:03 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Oops! You dinged me for spelling. You italicized this so maybe you were annotating the language they used. Surely you would not use borrow instead of loan all on your own.

Maybe target shooting at an indoor range would suffice for their needs.
Wayne, I don't know what came over me? Of course the proper word is indeed "loan" and I give you credit for catching that one.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:38 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,449 Posts
Quote:
Ron, that is correct, the ailevator function uses channels 2 and 8. You are talking about Spektrum RXs so I am guessing you are using a Spektrum tx module?
Yes Sir.. Spread Recktrum Module until the new Nano XPS rx's come out. I have grown to like programming the RX's more then the TX so I am spoiled.

I have never played with the programming mixes outside of their use by default. I know you and Kerwin had mentioned moving off of 8 so I thought you all had a plan, and thanks much for sharing. I ordered 2 of the Servo Reversers last night <8 bucks each> and I will need one for the flaps since I am running low on channels with the bomb drop is needed.

Thanks Wayne!
DaOldGuy is online now Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Nov 23, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
Yes Sir.. Spread Recktrum.....so I am spoiled.