HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2001, 09:06 AM
glen innes australia
Joined May 2001
224 Posts
WHAT is an Endo ?

OK I have worked out that a MM is a Kyosho 360ST . Now what is an endoplasma motor?
Can you give me some info to lessen the mystery. Where do they dream up these names?
Regards
Bob
robertc is offline Find More Posts by robertc
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2001, 09:38 AM
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
5,654 Posts
They're car motors. Do you need more to tell why they have names like that ?

Endoplasma is a 16 turn modified, see http://www.kyosho.com/accys/kyog2700.html for the rest (e.g. "Terminal Velocity", "Atom Smasher" ). Strangely enough I can't find one called the "Cheap Old Can" motor.

Steve
steve lewin is offline Find More Posts by steve lewin
Old Jun 15, 2001, 09:40 AM
Agra, Oklahoma
Joined Feb 2000
5,390 Posts
...something motocross racers fear!

Steve
Steve McBride is offline Find More Posts by Steve McBride
Old Jun 15, 2001, 11:18 AM
Sometimes it works!
Caldera, Costa Rica
Joined May 2000
897 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by stevem:
...something motocross racers fear!

Steve
AWaauugghhh!It took me a minute, but I finally go it!
GYROGEARLOOSE is offline Find More Posts by GYROGEARLOOSE
Old Jun 15, 2001, 11:22 AM
AMA 697691
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
8,408 Posts
Strange but that is one area in which Graupner is sadly lacking behind...the canned e-flight motors.

The R/C car industry and the Kyosho Mad Science motor series are vastly superior quality and performance for a similar cost.
Greg Covey is online now Find More Posts by Greg Covey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Greg's Web Hangar
Old Jun 15, 2001, 12:18 PM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
Ok, I've looked on the Kyosho site on the Mad Science page and can't find any specs like weight etc. Are they equivalent to a common number like Speed 400? Weights, torque etc?

They sound very interesting. I'm sure those car guys really know how to wring them out, but I hit the "reviews" button and they weren't there either.

TIA
RB
Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old Jun 15, 2001, 12:34 PM
Product Manager at Hobbico
United States
Joined May 2000
5,163 Posts
they're equivalent (in size) to a 540 car motor. I've ran several, and my pick of the litter is the endoplasma. I've ranthe endo on 6 8 and 10 cells. I have one in my "new" 3D electric plane, on 10 cells, 400 watts at peak (yes it will handle a lot of current, but I fly it with the throttle way back most of the time). It's highly efficient for a "cheap" car motor. the 3D plane I speak of is fairly large, at 64 inches, 1120 square inches of wing, and the endo will hover it,..at 4 lbs. pictures are at http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/garyw3

a very good $25 300 to 400 watt powerplant on 10 cells.

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Baron 47:
Ok, I've looked on the Kyosho site on the Mad Science page and can't find any specs like weight etc. Are they equivalent to a common number like Speed 400? Weights, torque etc?

They sound very interesting. I'm sure those car guys really know how to wring them out, but I hit the "reviews" button and they weren't there either.

TIA
RB
GWRIGHT is offline Find More Posts by GWRIGHT
Old Jun 15, 2001, 02:08 PM
St. Augustine, FL, USA
Joined Jun 2000
118 Posts
I thought it was the art of Japanese fencing.

Rocky
Rocksnake2 is offline Find More Posts by Rocksnake2
Old Jun 15, 2001, 03:52 PM
Most Exalted Windbag
Newark, DE USA
Joined May 2001
1,632 Posts
GWRIGHT said,
"400 watts at peak"

Holy mackerel Gary, you could hurt yourself with that!

BTW, That's a beautiful plane.

RB

Red Baron 47 is offline Find More Posts by Red Baron 47
Old Jun 16, 2001, 12:14 AM
glen innes australia
Joined May 2001
224 Posts
Thank you Steve ,thank you all. The link has solved the mystery. They are a 16 turn buggy motor.
Yes,the reason for the names is very obvious.
400 watts!! wow
The pricing of various items is relative to where you are. To give you an example the MM had risen here in the late eighties to around $40 before supply dried up. Brushes were the same price as a mabuchi 540. For those of you in the states read $60 twelve years ago for the MM.
regards
Bob
Old Jun 16, 2001, 01:23 AM
Seattle, Washington,USA
Joined Jan 2001
57 Posts
Can someone please clarify which Kyosho buggy motor is most preferable?? I have the MM and MM Reversed, but are any others better, stronger, etc.? I use them in planes and boats, but am always looking for something faster (for these kinda' prices.) Thanks for any inputs ... Jim
Seattle Jim is offline Find More Posts by Seattle Jim
Old Jun 17, 2001, 05:12 AM
glen innes australia
Joined May 2001
224 Posts
Jim, It depends on your usage. There is no BEST motor. Some are better choices for certain applications. For a start the MM is designed to run a direct drive propellor or to use with a reduction gear that does not reverse the output direct e.g. a belt drive. The MM reverse is designed to run in the opposite direction and therefore is more suited to the regular pinion and spur gearbox where the output shaft (the bit the propellor is attached to) rotates opposite to the motor shaft. These two motors in general terms are more suited to higher cell counts than the ENDO for instance which is a smaller motor with less turns of wire around each of the armature 'poles' and therefore would spin much faster and use much more current with the same battery and propellor.
Regards
Bob