Old Jan 26, 2015, 07:28 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eganwp View Post
Ya so just an update,

I always leave the radio off for 10-20 seconds. And yes, I've toggled all switches with no success.
I performed a factory reset on the radio but no luck. Still changes every new model to ???? On power cycle.
I also tried updating the firmware incase of corruption and even another factory reset. No luck whatsoever. Still will not work at all.

I've already emailed Hitec and waiting on a reply.
Have you tried unplugging the battery?

ALso, give Hitec a call. They are pretty good about answering the phone
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:30 AM
Giant Scale 3D/IMAC & FPV
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Feb 2008
634 Posts
Yep tried unplugging it for 30 seconds multiple times but no luck. Even after a factory reset.
Eganwp is offline Find More Posts by Eganwp
Old Yesterday, 04:12 AM
Australia, QLD, Numinbah Valley
Joined May 2011
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eganwp View Post
Need your help guys. Unboxed my brand new 9X I received from Tower before Christmas today. Of course Of course on first use, as soon as I go create a new model, bind to the Maxima 9, all works fine, re power TX on/off, hit Yes to transmit, and the warnings go off for a normal flight condition or high throttle. I double check all switches and even trim tabs and nothing. Even if I try to trim down the throttle it won't accept. Re power off tx and on again. Now it just shows "??????" For a model name. W.T.F?

If I hit yes to transmit it just beeps at me about an abnormal flight condition or high throttle. If I hit "No" to transmit it shows the flight screen as all jiberish and unreadable. ???

I tried deleting the model and turning off flight condition warnkngs/high throttle and it's still exactly the same jiberish on the main screen. I even tried deleting the ?????? Model. Then on now power up it overwrote my current model selection with "??????" And now it's all jiberish too!

What the heck Hitec? I bought this radio as an upgrade to my Aurora 9, but if I can't even use this thing straight out of the box what am I supposed to do? I had so many issues with my old Aurora 9 until they fixed it with firmware updates, but I can't even do the most basic things with this radio like I've read so many other people have had happen to them. Is there a fix?? What do I do? I'm sure tower won't give me a refund as I bought it beginning of Dec and just opening it now... Ugh.
I have had EXACTLY the same problem after about 6 months of faultless use. Unfortunately I am not the first owner so no warranty... I believe it is a physical failure of the memory module and will render it totally and completely useless (mine wont even work on Phoenix Sim). Let me know if you find a fix otherwise mine is in a box in the cupboard. I changed the plug on it's battery so now i have a spare for my old A9 which is still going strong. Not changing to Futaba just yet but when the A9 dies it may be time!!!
stormysrider is online now Find More Posts by stormysrider
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
7,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormysrider View Post
I have had EXACTLY the same problem after about 6 months of faultless use. Unfortunately I am not the first owner so no warranty... I believe it is a physical failure of the memory module and will render it totally and completely useless (mine wont even work on Phoenix Sim). Let me know if you find a fix otherwise mine is in a box in the cupboard. I changed the plug on it's battery so now i have a spare for my old A9 which is still going strong. Not changing to Futaba just yet but when the A9 dies it may be time!!!
I would send it into service anyway. Hitec can be very forgiving when it comes to warranty work (at least when it is something like this where the system is obviously bad and was not damaged by user).
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Yesterday, 03:51 PM
When in doubt, gas it!
United States, CA, Lake Hughes
Joined Jan 2013
514 Posts
^ +1, Hitec is very good about "warranty" issues.
dstewart51 is offline Find More Posts by dstewart51
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Hangar