HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:24 PM
Registered User
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Nov 2001
75 Posts
No. It wassome where in the first 100 pages
"A little double bend on the tail wheel wire at end helped clear the rear bind. Still had to take a small amount of material away to keep it clean back there."
I will look at mine and maybe get a picture for you
Bill PTC
BillPTC is offline Find More Posts by BillPTC
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 06:52 AM
Registered User
ducatirdr's Avatar
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3313 View Post
Im getting ready to start my build I have everything but my batteries....I am using the power 32 , flight power 60 amp esc. I will sometimes use the floats.. I am looking for what batteries to order from HK etc......Any help would be great..
The only mod required of this kit is the cowl mounting. The supplied bolts are near impossible to use. The magnet mounting method now in use on most ARFs is how you should mod your kit. Search this thread for posts of this mod replacing the bolts with magnets. If I ever take my cowl off I'll do the same mod to get it back on.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:42 AM
Gravity gives sinking feeling
Joined Jun 2011
1,814 Posts
^ & ^^ thanks for your "Helpful hints & mods" - much appreciated.
I've been using nyodium magnetic switches for many years but never thouight of using them as hatch / canopie catches and they're cheaper at Electronic shops. Yep, I've ticked that mod box already

I'll search again from pp100

Cheers
CurrentDude is offline Find More Posts by CurrentDude
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2011, 03:58 PM
Registered User
Peachtree City, GA
Joined Nov 2001
75 Posts
Hangar07
Will try and attach picture. wheel rod had a bend in it and cleared some wood for rudder and tailwheel rod clearance. picture attached
BillPTC
BillPTC is offline Find More Posts by BillPTC
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:13 AM
Why you swing so hard?
jsnaphook's Avatar
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,272 Posts
Sunset

The weather has been amazing the last few days at the lake. It's late December and no snow! So might as well make like it's spring

Sunset (3 min 30 sec)



Juan
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:30 AM
Angry Bird ...
yarrumevets's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
I had an "adventurous" maiden today.

I got my Beaver second-hand from our RC Flying Club ex-president as an airframe and servos configuration. I put my own 32-equivalent motor in it, along with a 60A ESC but the problem was batteries - only had some 2200 mAh 3S handy, which were delivering plenty of power with a 3-blade 12x8 prop and the static tests were good, showing a little over 400W. Of course, the issue was they weigh less than the recommended 3200 mAh specimens. I was keen to fly it, so I tolerated the insult of taping some lead to the underside of the cowl until I could get some batteries of the correct capacity (i.e. weight). I checked the CoG three times but it seems I need to do it again because after a smooth take-off she stood on her tail at an altitude of about 40 feet. I got the nose over and reduced the throttle a little and things improved to the point that I considered it was "all good". It wasn't though, because she was only happy flying in a straight line - the slightest bank resulted in a dropped tail and then a wing, so I cut the flight short immediately and got her down for a less-than-graceful touchdown.

I could see from the short time aloft that it will be a really nice bird to fly as soon as I get my act together and get her balanced properly. I've got some 4S batteries which I will now use instead and I expect things to improve considerably.
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:33 AM
Gravity gives sinking feeling
Joined Jun 2011
1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPTC View Post
Hangar07
Will try and attach picture. wheel rod had a bend in it and cleared some wood for rudder and tailwheel rod clearance. picture attached
BillPTC

Thanx Bill for the pics. I've not gone to the tail end yet but working on flaps and ailerons. My Tx has three positions for flap setting (well, I've re-programmed it anyhow) but making some silly mistakes hence taking longer than I expected. Hopefully, by the end of today, I'll have them ready (provided work does not interfere)

I wonder has anyone tried to use close-loop for rudder?

Cheers
CurrentDude is offline Find More Posts by CurrentDude
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:03 AM
Registered User
ducatirdr's Avatar
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined Aug 2006
1,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnaphook View Post
The weather has been amazing the last few days at the lake. It's late December and no snow! So might as well make like it's spring

http://youtu.be/iLXDqkCBauI


Juan
Great video! I love flying off the water that time of the evening. Something about the golden sun light glinting off the falling droplets of water from the floats as it lifts off the water and climbs into the sky.
ducatirdr is offline Find More Posts by ducatirdr
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:44 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Naval Warfare's Avatar
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnaphook View Post
The weather has been amazing the last few days at the lake. It's late December and no snow! So might as well make like it's spring

http://youtu.be/iLXDqkCBauI


Juan
Very cool vid. What is that on top of the wing?
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:38 PM
Why you swing so hard?
jsnaphook's Avatar
Lake Tahoe
Joined Jun 2006
1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
Very cool vid. What is that on top of the wing?
The cameras, Keychain cam v3, one facing forward the other rear.

Juan
jsnaphook is offline Find More Posts by jsnaphook
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:41 PM
rgthd007 on YouTube
Oatmeal Savage's Avatar
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2010
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrumevets View Post
I had an "adventurous" maiden today.

I got my Beaver second-hand from our RC Flying Club ex-president as an airframe and servos configuration. I put my own 32-equivalent motor in it, along with a 60A ESC but the problem was batteries - only had some 2200 mAh 3S handy, which were delivering plenty of power with a 3-blade 12x8 prop and the static tests were good, showing a little over 400W. Of course, the issue was they weigh less than the recommended 3200 mAh specimens. I was keen to fly it, so I tolerated the insult of taping some lead to the underside of the cowl until I could get some batteries of the correct capacity (i.e. weight). I checked the CoG three times but it seems I need to do it again because after a smooth take-off she stood on her tail at an altitude of about 40 feet. I got the nose over and reduced the throttle a little and things improved to the point that I considered it was "all good". It wasn't though, because she was only happy flying in a straight line - the slightest bank resulted in a dropped tail and then a wing, so I cut the flight short immediately and got her down for a less-than-graceful touchdown.

I could see from the short time aloft that it will be a really nice bird to fly as soon as I get my act together and get her balanced properly. I've got some 4S batteries which I will now use instead and I expect things to improve considerably.
I use 4s 3300 mAh batteries and they seem about perfect. No COG issues and lots of power from the Power 32 on 4s.
Oatmeal Savage is offline Find More Posts by Oatmeal Savage
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:49 PM
rgthd007 on YouTube
Oatmeal Savage's Avatar
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2010
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3313 View Post
Im getting ready to start my build I have everything but my batteries....I am using the power 32 , flight power 60 amp esc. I will sometimes use the floats.. I am looking for what batteries to order from HK etc......Any help would be great..
I went with these with no regrets:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html
Oatmeal Savage is offline Find More Posts by Oatmeal Savage
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:03 PM
Angry Bird ...
yarrumevets's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal Savage View Post
I use 4s 3300 mAh batteries and they seem about perfect. No COG issues and lots of power from the Power 32 on 4s.
Thanks mate - that sounds very good.
Cheers,
Steve
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:18 PM
rgthd007 on YouTube
Oatmeal Savage's Avatar
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Mar 2010
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrumevets View Post
Thanks mate - that sounds very good.
Cheers,
Steve
No worries mate. Since you're in Oz, you'll probably want to order out of the International Warehouse. Here's a link to the battery:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Cheers
Oatmeal Savage is offline Find More Posts by Oatmeal Savage
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:28 PM
Angry Bird ...
yarrumevets's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal Savage View Post
No worries mate. Since you're in Oz, you'll probably want to order out of the International Warehouse. Here's a link to the battery:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Lipo_Pack.html

Cheers
Very thoughtful of you! Actually though, we do have our own local HK warehouse in my state of NSW, so I'll get some from there.
Thanks again and have a great New Year,
Steve
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion E-Flite Six-Series Brushless?? finishman2000 Power Systems 8 Jan 25, 2009 05:58 PM
Sold E-Flite Six Series 2700KV Dora Nine Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 4 Nov 24, 2006 09:04 AM
Discussion E-Flite 'Six Series' for Trex? JustPlaneChris Mini Helis 2 Oct 30, 2006 04:53 PM
For Sale E-Flite Six series 2700KV Dora Nine Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 Jul 31, 2006 05:13 PM
For Sale E-Flite Six series outrunner 2000Kv NIB Red Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 0 May 17, 2006 12:40 PM