SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:11 PM
Emress
United States, SD, Rapid City
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swervo View Post
thanks for the replies (he did say ask ALL your questions) . sirbow , i meant collective pitch as in heli's -but used on a multi for overall control with an rpm governor . i was imagining a fixed rotor axis . for sure , it would crash like a ming vase but the more experienced guys don't crash all that often ( i hope ) . regarding the lean on the motors - this would seem to suit a photo quad - but not good for top speed or aerobatics .?
so like pitch/roll swash on each of the four motors? (i dont know a ton on the "regular" helis) i was visiting a possible university to go to in a year and they had this idea of having all the motors/props being able to twist (around the arm they are mounted on) so that you dont have to tilt the quad forward to go forward, just tilt the motors forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designandshutter View Post
Once i receive the new turnigy 30 amp plush esc in the mail and the programming card what do i need to program my esc to based upon my current set up as I listed before ?
attached.

you have a lipo monitor, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty View Post
i have had very good luck with the HK F30 esc's...(the ones with the light blue shrink wrap) i flashed them with simonk firmware and they work extremely well never get hot and perform above expectations...

so to my question: i recently built a quad H frame and put a HKv3 board on it flashed with the 4.7 firmware...running the F30 HK esc's and dt750 motors with 10x4.5 props....i test flew it the other night and noticed when i yaw it climbs ..is this normal? or is there something wrong? its my first quad so i have no idea if its normal behavior or not....i am used to flying my T copter without the climbing on yaw....
yes, f30A are also a good idea, but he didnt seem like the tinkering type

does it yaw when it climbs, or just yaw? you maybe pushing the throttle stick up a tiny bit when you are pushing rudder.
sirbow2 is offline Find More Posts by sirbow2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:41 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,924 Posts
i thought about that to...but tried several times taking care not to hit throttle while yawing and it climbs pretty fast ...not sure whats causing it or if there is a way to tune it out...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:46 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
try turning down the P pot on the board.

you never said: does it actually yaw or just go up??
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:56 PM
<Marty>
United States, KY, Springfield
Joined Jul 2011
1,924 Posts
it does yaw but it climbs as it is yawing...
magic_marty is online now Find More Posts by magic_marty
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:33 PM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Jan 2008
252 Posts
Hi Sirbow

Im curious why no one has built and refined a quad with independent tilt rotors?

Ove seen a few started or unlinked snippets here and there...

I really like the idea of being able to tilt the fuse up and down while still moving or slowing for AP/V

thanks for your insight!

Jeff
jeffyd123 is offline Find More Posts by jeffyd123
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:36 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2010
97 Posts
I just built an H-Quad with KK FC board and I
john mynster is offline Find More Posts by john mynster
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:40 AM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Oct 2010
97 Posts
I just built an H-Quad with KK FC board and I cannot get the motors to run right. They all power up but they don't spin up or slow down when I mover the sticks? I just used the Plush 30a right out of the box. Do I need to flash them to solve my problem?
john mynster is offline Find More Posts by john mynster
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:06 PM
India, West Bengal, Kolkata
Joined Apr 2012
28 Posts
I am building an APM 2.5 quad with AUW of around 1450gm. What would be the best motor for me in the price range of the dt750s? I will be using F30A escs.
Trishit is offline Find More Posts by Trishit
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:55 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by john mynster View Post
I just built an H-Quad with KK FC board and I cannot get the motors to run right. They all power up but they don't spin up or slow down when I mover the sticks? I just used the Plush 30a right out of the box. Do I need to flash them to solve my problem?
That would be why, haha. you need to calibrate the throttle range of the ESC to the range of your TX. to do this:
1. Connect the ESC to the throttle channel of the receiver (In my case it was ch3). Make sure the motor is connected to the ESC, as it produces the diagnostic beeps, but no props on because a malfunction may cause a prop to go spinning around at 100% throttle...
2. Turn on the radio and put the throttle stick to maximum position
3. Now connect the ESC to the battery
4. The motor should do a 1 2 3 beep followed by two short beeps. Immediately after the two
short beeps, put the throttle stick down all the way, the motors should make 3 short beeps
(representing the 3 cells of the battery) and then finally make a 1 long beep, indicating that the
throttle range has been set (calibrated).

from my blog: http://dduino.blogspot.com/2012/04/q...build-log.html
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:56 PM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishit View Post
I am building an APM 2.5 quad with AUW of around 1450gm. What would be the best motor for me in the price range of the dt750s? I will be using F30A escs.
is this your first quad? what is your goal for this MR?
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:10 AM
United States, GA, Warner Robins
Joined Mar 2009
14 Posts
I am planning my first quad build. I've been reading for weeks now and I have a good idea of what i need but I don't want to pull the trigger on motors and esc's until i'm sure i'm going to achieve my goal. I want a 450 size frame (was thinking about getting the F450) that is sporty enough to do flips yet stable enough and powerful enough to carry a gopro. I've looked at countless motors and I'm still not sure what i'm looking at when i'm reading the specs. Here's a few i was considering. Feel free to suggest others.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Motor.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ort_Shaft.html

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/mot...11-kv-980.html (These are a little expensive)

Can you help me pick a good motor?

Thanks
Spacenutz is online now Find More Posts by Spacenutz
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:18 AM
Joined Apr 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbow2 View Post
is this your first quad? what is your goal for this MR?
It will be my second as the first one I had did not really work(too heavy but am still working on it.) With the new one I want to do rudimentary geo-mapping of my university campus I need it to be stable and efficient. I do not need speed or maximum performance. Just respectable range and stable performance(in mild wind) is all that I need. I will be using a 5000mAh 20C turnigy lipo.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:11 AM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trishit View Post
It will be my second as the first one I had did not really work(too heavy but am still working on it.) With the new one I want to do rudimentary geo-mapping of my university campus I need it to be stable and efficient. I do not need speed or maximum performance. Just respectable range and stable performance(in mild wind) is all that I need. I will be using a 5000mAh 20C turnigy lipo.
id say the dt700 with the 11x4.7, 3s batt again. they have great efficiency and are cheaper. they easily compare with one of those 30$ disk motors.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:20 AM
Emress
Joined Nov 2011
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacenutz View Post
I am planning my first quad build. I've been reading for weeks now and I have a good idea of what i need but I don't want to pull the trigger on motors and esc's until i'm sure i'm going to achieve my goal. I want a 450 size frame (was thinking about getting the F450) that is sporty enough to do flips yet stable enough and powerful enough to carry a gopro. I've looked at countless motors and I'm still not sure what i'm looking at when i'm reading the specs. Here's a few i was considering. Feel free to suggest others.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Motor.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ort_Shaft.html

http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/mot...11-kv-980.html (These are a little expensive)

Can you help me pick a good motor?

Thanks
yeah, dont buy any of those id get those for a second quad, someone who can fly w/o crashing. not worth crashing and spending lots of $$$ to replace expensive motors. grab some dt750/700, 20-22ls or some Turnigy D2836/9 950KV/Turnigy D2836/8 1100KV
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:51 AM
Joined Apr 2012
28 Posts
What, in your opinion, should be the maximum AUW of the quad if I used the dt700s? Will waiting for the dt750s give me more headroom AUW wise?