5,173 Posts
Tap tap tap --- is this thing on?
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:05 PM
United States, NC, Garner
Joined Nov 2012
1,890 Posts
JUST waiting for WINDS to die down,,WAITING,,,,,,WAITING ,,,,,,WAITING,,,,,,,,,,,,going to take a nap.............................
dalecheek1 is online now Find More Posts by dalecheek1
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:22 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
JUST waiting for WINDS to die down,,WAITING,,,,,,WAITING ,,,,,,WAITING,,,,,,,,,,,,going to take a nap.............................
Some of us have to work Dale. Just ruuuuuub it in.
turnerm is online now Find More Posts by turnerm
Old Feb 01, 2013, 01:57 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
I'm stumped now. Do you have more than one battery to test this with?
I've tried it with the Zippy, Gforce and Gens Ace batteries and the problem persists.

Tracknoob: The problem occurs at all levels of battery power.

So, should I call HH about the motor or is this a different problem?
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:04 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benf207 View Post
I've tried it with the Zippy, Gforce and Gens Ace batteries and the problem persists.

Well, if you've tried multiple ESCs, multiple batteries, then a logical next step would seem to be the motor.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:12 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:

You absolutely have a problem with your motor. Tell them that you've tried two ESC's and multiple batteries and the problem still persists.

It would be even better if you could try those batteries on a different motor just to prove that it's not the batteries but I think it's pretty obvious without even doing that.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:54 PM
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Okay, just spoke with HH. This guy was much more helpful. Within about a minute he offered to send me a new motor without even seeing the video. I'll be sure to let you guys know if the problem is solved.
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207
Old Feb 01, 2013, 04:36 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
925 Posts
Quote:
Okay, just spoke with HH. This guy was much more helpful. Within about a minute he offered to send me a new motor without even seeing the video. I'll be sure to let you guys know if the problem is solved.
Great CS !!!! pls let us know, thanks.
It sounds like that is a hard lock, maybe the magnets are in contact with the spool at full throttle ?
Do you have axis play in the motor shaft ?-can you pull the shaft some milimeters outside ?-that may be a point...I guess.
SLK Count is offline Find More Posts by SLK Count
Old Feb 01, 2013, 05:15 PM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,262 Posts
Quote:
Excellent. I'm pretty sure this will solve your issue. I'm glad they were helpful as my experience with them has always been fantastic. Let us know how it works out for you.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:06 PM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
Excellent. I'm pretty sure this will solve your issue. I'm glad they were helpful as my experience with them has always been fantastic. Let us know how it works out for you.
Same with me!
Once I had a faulty ESC on a Blade SR and I told them how I tested everything. M call lasted 56 seconds and thats all it took to have one coming my way. 3 days later I had a new one in my hands!
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:46 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,173 Posts
I agree with the others that HH will jump through hoops to 'make it right' once they validate you are not some scrub trying to 'get over' on them or game the system for some spares. If a legit customer has a legit problem, they usually go beyond what you could reasonably expect or ask -- it just happens.

I have shared in the past (on the field and here in the forum and even via PM) that I have a personal theory of hobby business paradigms that puts Hobby King (HK) in a certain 'classification, and places Horizon (HH) in a different 'classification', and without attempting the impossible task of making a value judgement which 'classification' is 'right', I would contrast the two methods:

It seems to me that Horizon epitomizes the 'Customer Service and perceived quality trumps all." type of company. However, achieving this model is not costless -- in fact, a relatively large premium is attached to the price of each and every SKU sold, to defray the cost of a small percentage of them that will require attention, correction, or even outright replacement, including all the attendant frictional costs of phone calls, technical assistance, mailing/shipping, handling returned goods, etc.

People who want the 'most-est for the least-est' might find this model unsatisfactory, because shopping around can lead to the perception of better value via lower prices for apparently similar merchandise.

People who value their own lost time, the up-time for the model, and knowing that any issue will be rapidly solved, even if they rarely have to avail themselves of that service, will find this model particularly pleasing, even at a premium cost. This is the Rolls Royce model.

It seems to me that Hobby King works off of the almost exactly diametrically opposite model. Some might disagree, but not many, in my experience. Hobby King provides huge volumes, direct from the factory, but not very quickly (shipping time, percentage of back order status, wrong items shipped, and order fulfillment in general much worse/slower) and their customer service model is frankly barbarian -- I feel they actually want it to HURT -- to actually cause great frustration and even anger for a customer to avail themselves of any sort of customer service inquiry, even perfectly justified claims!

Now, I don't think any company would ever openly admit to such a strategy, but experience speaks volumes. In order to keep returns, claims, and inquiry at an absolute minimum, it is necessary to not only be a pain, but to be such a pain that the potential customer base understands and openly shares this fact about you PRIOR to their deciision to engage -- therefore, it is implicitly mutually agreed that for a much lower initial cost, you are making certain concessions as a buyer. This is the Soup Nazi model.

Over the past two years, I have expended copious resources in BOTH models, in both companies, and almost every interaction has gone towards confirming my theory.

I make no value judgement as to who is 'right' and who is 'wrong' -- I use both major vendors, but in different circumstances and with different expectations.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:03 PM
**I'm Battman**
Twin Falls, Idaho
Joined Jan 2005
8,599 Posts
tn,

NO SOUP FOR YU!!
rc

No Soup For You (3 min 0 sec)
RCBABBEL is online now Find More Posts by RCBABBEL
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:33 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
tn,

NO SOUP FOR YU!!
rc

Jambalaya! ♫
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:50 AM
Indianapolis, IN
Joined Oct 2010
1,864 Posts
I absolutely agree with you Tracknoob, unfortunately HH is quickly moving from bind and fly models to fix/check and fly. Used to be nice to pick up one of their planes check control surfaces and go fly. That era is coming to end in my opinion.
IndyMatt is offline Find More Posts by IndyMatt
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:09 AM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
made my day! favorite episode of all time! no....wait... "The Jimmy".... no no, "The Contest"...no no, wait...
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon