SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
New Product
SONY's NEW GOPRO Killer (Confirmed 1280x720 @ 120fps)

http://blog.sony.com/povcamera

I think if SONY really want to take over GOPRO market, 1080 60P with larger aperture like f/2.0 will be the main selling point....what do you think?

Quote:
The video camera is tiny and lightweight, but it houses Sony’s hallmark SteadyShot® image stabilization technology, Exmor® R CMOS image sensor, and an ultra-wide angle Carl Zeiss® Tessar® lens.

That means, whether you’re shredding major powder, jumping out of a plane, or kayaking through an epic waterfall, you’re capturing super high-quality video of it to show off to your family and friends. And there’ll be ruggedized and waterproof housings available so the camera can do its job in even the most extreme environments.

We’ll keep sharing updates and details about the product so be sure to stay tuned.

Quote:
Sony is on the move as always, and with the latest installment of the Sony RX100 the, they are clearly not playing games when it comes to beating the competition. In fact, they destroy the competition in my opinion in almost every photographic endeavor they take. The latest installment is a GoPro enthusiast go anywhere type camera!! I found out about this courtesy of SonyAlphaRumors.com.

The latest news is Sony is coming out with as GoPro style camera, except it’s going to have Exmor sensor technology, and wide angle Zeiss lens of some sort, and Steady shot built in!! In my opinion Sony is entering a, lets face it, GoPro market. So, what can they do to compete realistically?? Make a much better product I have the GoPro 2 and it really is an awesome product, but there is room for improvement. Quality, Optics, Options, etc….

read more
tycoyoken is offline Find More Posts by tycoyoken
Last edited by tycoyoken; Sep 09, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:58 PM
Australia, WA
Joined Jun 2012
180 Posts
And maybe the new JVC model too?

http://uncrate.com/stuff/jvc-adixxion-camcorder/
boranup is offline Find More Posts by boranup
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:03 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,304 Posts
The real question is,can it do video out for vTX?
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
http://www.photoxels.com/sony-wearab...on-sports-cam/
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:40 PM
United States, MD, Frederick
Joined Aug 2010
394 Posts
The JVC must be a winner since it is "quad proof" haha
kauaicuda is offline Find More Posts by kauaicuda
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:30 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Knowing Sony it will have some proprietary recording format, memory card, or something else ridiculous. No thanks.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
You mean memory stick.
Are they still using that in anything modern?
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:42 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
Not sure, but they wouldn't hesitate to introduce something new regardless. I know a lot of their newer stuff doesn't work in a lot of situations due to random copyright protection, or other licensing restrictions.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:09 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,569 Posts
about the height of most camcorders with half the width. Too big IMO
daign is online now Find More Posts by daign
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:10 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
Knowing Sony it will have some proprietary recording format, memory card, or something else ridiculous. No thanks.
Sony Nex5 anyone?

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/SonyNex5Nex3

Just got one the other day its phenomenal
daign is online now Find More Posts by daign
Old Jul 02, 2012, 02:22 AM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploding Fist View Post
Maybe but likely not. 5N takes sd card and records in mp4 if you dont like avchd so it is likely gonna be good stuff.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Jul 02, 2012, 03:39 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,543 Posts
How you all know, that it will be "too heavy" or "too big" - i checked links on this thread and haven't found dimensions or weight listed. Yes, i saw photos of camera mounted on helmet - still hard to tell dimensions ;-)
One small note - stabilisation should be configurable (at least, option to turn it off). That permanent optical stabilisation was one factor, that made HX9V (and HX20V) almost useless on multirotors - due to "vibration stabilisation"...

IMO too early to call it "GOPRO Killer" =)
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:14 AM
Germany, HB, Bremen
Joined Jun 2010
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoyoken View Post
1080 60P with larger aperture like f/2.0 will be the main selling point...
Yes, and the ridiculous price will be the main point to keep you away
Zen09 is offline Find More Posts by Zen09
Old Jul 02, 2012, 05:55 AM
Joined May 2005
1,185 Posts
I was at a local Trackday for some days ago. (2-300 street cars driving on track for 3 days)
And for only 2 DAYS, one stand did sell 36pc of GoPro cameras !! (he was sold out)

I think SONY\JVC have a long way to go if they want to break into the action camera category.

GoPro is handy, easy to operate, lots of accessory, LIVE out, low-cost and a big name.
Think they will stay strong for many years to come
liteglow is offline Find More Posts by liteglow
Old Jul 02, 2012, 07:09 AM
Joined Mar 2011
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen09 View Post
Yes, and the ridiculous price will be the main point to keep you away
I think the reasonable price should between $250-$350 for this kind of sport-cam...

Seems only SONY has the 1080 60P sensor so far...such as TX100, HX9V...price only around $199-$300...