SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
I used those servos on my Blade 450 3D. It's a bit tight but no mods are necessary and they work awesome, even for 3D! Don't think twice, get them!
Thank you, thats what I needed, someone that has done this before

Tell ya, I cant believe how many different micro servos are out there, I think HK had over 800 listed,I wasnt to sure about any of them and didnt want to end up having a couple hundred laying around

Thanks again !
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:15 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,890 Posts
Anyone here want an Aluminium tail rotor pitch control slider for their Blade 450 3D?

$5Aus plus postage.

BNIB
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Sep 22, 2012, 04:54 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,480 Posts
Hey guys, i picked up a 450 3d last week, second hand but only slightly used.
Been flying a Quad now for over a year. So wanted a small starter hili.

I've noticed that when i spin the rotors CW manually it clogs a bit then breaks free.
I notced on a friends that when his spins CW its free and only the top main gear spins.(if im not mistaken)
I also spun the motor manually and it spins nice a smooth.(no clogging)

When the rotors are spun CCW its binds abit. which i think is normal as thats what my freinds does.
So im just wondering whats up with mine. Is it the one way bearing, or just may need the mesh ajusted? I've meshed my RC trucks before and its seems fine to me.

also the teeth on the top main is abit chipped here and there. So maybe that may be causing it?

thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Eastcoast78 is online now Find More Posts by Eastcoast78
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Sep 22, 2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:33 PM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
If you manually turn the main rotor by hand cw it should be glassy smooth and turn the tail ccw. If it sticks or binds, the one way might be going bad

Turning the main ccw should be a little harder since it turns the motor too.

If the main gear is chipped, replace it. That is temping fate in the air
minbari is online now Find More Posts by minbari
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:32 PM
Registered Flyer
White Bear Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2006
1,113 Posts
Assuming the main gear isn't damaged to the point where it is binding with the pinion I would say that your one-way bearing is bad. I had a one-way bearing go bad and it did the same thing. Might be a good idea to replace the main gear too. I would also check to see if the feathering shaft is straight.
FuntanaS is offline Find More Posts by FuntanaS
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:19 AM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,480 Posts
thanks for the info guys. When i spin the top main CW or CCW the tail gear spins with it.
Is that normal?

after looking closer at the teeth on the main gear,its not to bad, more wear then any teeth chipped or whatnot.

Ill swing by the lhs monday and hopefully they have a set in stock. I doubt they have a OWB in stock.
To bad cause only 2 days ago i ordered a flybar saddle and tail braces(alum upgraded) and a set of fly bars online and they had the main gears and owb in stock.

My friend is swinging by tomorrow to have a look

thanks again
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
379 Posts
Yes that is completely normal
minbari is online now Find More Posts by minbari
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:37 AM View Post
colin6489
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Over-competition). Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:31 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin6489 View Post
guys i found much better helicopter than this one, which is less in price. Large helicoptere RC en metal 2.4Ghz 4CH and WASP V4 Belt 250 RTF 2.4G Rc Hélicoptère RC. both are amazing helicopters.
well, this site is in french not in English .
Well an english version is here http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/wasp-v4-be...elicopter.html

Not exactly like for like tho, the Wasp is a lot smaller at 460mm, Blade 450 is 655mm.
And not exactly cheap either at £190. Tx looks carp, I got something similar with my HB King II and it was terrible. After going to a heli club I was advised to scrap the tx and buy something better like the DX6i.

TBH I have more faith in Horizon being able to supply spares for a longer period than Skyartec too. I could be wrong tho.

You pays your money, you make your choice. HH for me tho, thanks anyway .
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Sep 24, 2012, 04:25 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,480 Posts
So i picked up a main gear set today, got the gears out! I removed the 4 screws on the plate on the top. But for the life of me i cant get them apart. I noticed the of the tube/OWB is really cruddy and its a little warped. So im guessing a one way is in order.. But i don't want tear up the hardware, even with a pair of vise grips clamped to the bottom of the tube and pulling on the top plate it moved about 2mm if that. But i'm starting to tear up thing. good lord...lol

It seems the tube is ceased to the bearing/ bearing gummed up pretty darn good.
may just replace the entire assembly?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:19 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Apr 2009
3,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastcoast78 View Post
So i picked up a main gear set today, got the gears out! I removed the 4 screws on the plate on the top. But for the life of me i cant get them apart. I noticed the of the tube/OWB is really cruddy and its a little warped. So im guessing a one way is in order.. But i don't want tear up the hardware, even with a pair of vise grips clamped to the bottom of the tube and pulling on the top plate it moved about 2mm if that. But i'm starting to tear up thing. good lord...lol

It seems the tube is ceased to the bearing/ bearing gummed up pretty darn good.
may just replace the entire assembly?
I think your best option would be to buy just the 1 way bearing to put into the main gear you've already bought http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/Blade-450...WB/p-163-1947/

Not sure where you order your stuff from but the part number listed on the link should be the same.

There is a main gear with a 1 way bearing pre-fitted, but it's black (Blade 400), but listed in the Blade 450 spares. You'd have to check if it 's the same and if it would fit. http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/Blade-450...2--/p-163-990/
feefo is online now Find More Posts by feefo
Old Sep 24, 2012, 09:05 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by feefo View Post
I think your best option would be to buy just the 1 way bearing to put into the main gear you've already bought http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/Blade-450...WB/p-163-1947/

Not sure where you order your stuff from but the part number listed on the link should be the same.

There is a main gear with a 1 way bearing pre-fitted, but it's black (Blade 400), but listed in the Blade 450 spares. You'd have to check if it 's the same and if it would fit. http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/Blade-450...2--/p-163-990/
thanks i did manage to get it apart. I knew the owb was gone with the binding when spun cw. sure enough, when looking inside it, one of the metal pins was very loose, as the material between it and the other pin is worn and a crack on the top side.
Where i order from they don't have the gear with the owb stocked, but they do have
BLH1603 One-Way Bearing Hub w/One-Way Bearing.
or the owb by itself.
I totally forgot about asking today at the lhs if they had the owb, ill give then a shout tomorrow.

Is there a certain procedure to to get the owb out of the bearing hub...man its tight.

thanks for the noob help!
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Sep 24, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:17 PM
Easy on the Sticks!
United States, WY, Crowheart
Joined Aug 2011
3,451 Posts
450 Parts For Sale

I have these new parts for sale if anyone is interested:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1739737
BattleDude is offline Find More Posts by BattleDude
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:03 PM
Dixie Normious
Can A da....Ehh!!
Joined May 2010
5,480 Posts
hey guys, well i finally got my OWB in last night, and it still clogs. I'm stumped.
New Main gear, and new OWB with the plate installed

The motor spins when i turn the mains either cw and ccw?
minbari you said Turning the main ccw should be a little harder since it turns the motor too! i assume it would spin the motor when i manually spin the blades
CW? cause it does...
Im a total noob when it comes to hili's so forgive me...

every thing seems normal as far as the mesh on the motor to main gear. I also was thinking it may be the tail pinion to the bottom gear. there seems to be a bit of play on it. So i adjust the belt(both snuged it up and loosened it a bit) to no avail.

I also tightened up the blade grips a bit to so they would not brake free(to test) theres is enough resistance that if i try and spin the main CW with one finger, the entire Hili well slide on the table. I give it a bit of extra force, then it brakes free but is still rough the entire 360 rotation say.
it feels identical as if i were to spin it ccw. It feels like i have the mesh bar tight, but its not, i got the slightest amount of play which is normal mesh thats I've done

Im about to take a video. I'll post it once its uploaded

[Edit] I just took out the main gear and tail gear assembly. After watching a Maintance video on the owb etc. I put the bolt through the bottom hole, and spin the 2 gears opposite each other, they lock up as normal going one way. But when i spin them the other way, it binds at a certain spot every time, then breaks fee. where as when he spins his its super smooth. I re-striped it all down again and it all looks normal to me. Its like the inner owb is grinding on the outter anti rotation sleeve. Going to get some white grease and hopefully that frees it up. the sleeve is a bit worn, but its not bent or warped.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Eastcoast78; Oct 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:11 PM
United States, FL, Hernando
Joined Sep 2012
1,460 Posts
I need some help guys, are there any better blades for this heli out there? These wooden , plastic covered stock ones are the devils own handy work, just touch a blade of grass and the covering comes off, and forget about a mild strike,, jeeesh, total shreading.

Theres got to be something plastic to use, I just do a little hovering and practice flying , so they dont have to be for anything crazy. Y'all got any ideas ???

Please
War Horse is offline Find More Posts by War Horse