HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:54 PM
Australia, NSW, Lake Macquarie
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
6 Empty batteries, 1 cracked frame

Using my Devo7E with LB V2 for an extended Australia Day afternoon of flying.
First time I've been able to discharge 6 batteries without the need to pack up early and go home with an unserviceable quad. Still can't turn properly nor do figure 8 flying, but getting better.
Can you guys direct me to pages or threads that talk about "learning to fly a quad". I'm using Mode 2, if that helps. Cheers.
G Man V2 is offline Find More Posts by G Man V2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:25 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man V2 View Post
Using my Devo7E with LB V2 for an extended Australia Day afternoon of flying.
First time I've been able to discharge 6 batteries without the need to pack up early and go home with an unserviceable quad. Still can't turn properly nor do figure 8 flying, but getting better.
Can you guys direct me to pages or threads that talk about "learning to fly a quad". I'm using Mode 2, if that helps. Cheers.
You may already be past this point, and this isn't quad specific: http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Radd's method basically involves the self discipline to admit that you aren't in control of the model at some point, and forcing yourself to land, walk over, pick it up, and try again. Some people don't like his thoughts on what to watch on the model, just 'look' past that.

Hope this helps,

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:06 PM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
293 Posts
LB FPV REview??

Somebody said they were going to post a review of the LB V2 FPV with Devo F4 tx. Any idea when that's going to be posted? I would like to know what it's like.

Lard4Hire
Lard4Hire is online now Find More Posts by Lard4Hire
Old Jan 27, 2013, 07:01 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard4Hire View Post
Somebody said they were going to post a review of the LB V2 FPV with Devo F4 tx. Any idea when that's going to be posted? I would like to know what it's like.

Lard4Hire
That was me. I've run into a bit of a stumbling block on the review, as I lost the little Ladybird yesterday! It was hovering above the flying field when it lost signal--partially because it lost signal, partially because of a weak tx battery, partially who knows. The failsafe settings were set to Servo Hold for some reason, so I think it drifted away . .. .. . . ... ... . .. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .

After this video ended, I caught the signal again a few seconds later for a moment, and it was still hovering.

I feel like quite the idiot. I'd been having a blast with it, and hope to have a replacement soon to finish the review.

Dang it,

Rafa

Lost quad (0 min 36 sec)
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:13 AM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
709 Posts
So I fired up my V1 last weekend.
Haven't flown it for quite some time as I have been busy with the V929/949.

Anyway, I still could not get it to do banking turns coz of the stupid rudder/aileron mixing. I have a 1.0 FCB btw.

I am flying with a Devo 7 TX on 6-axis mode. Settings are pretty standard with rudder travel at maximum, 125% D/R and -20 expo.

What I do is to fly forward, then attempt to do a banking turn by simultaneously applying rudder+aileron. This method works very well with the V929/949 but for the life of me, I can't do it on the LB V1.

How much rudder vs. aileron should I apply? Is it like 50% rudder and 25% aileron?

Tips anyone?
natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:55 AM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
That was me. I've run into a bit of a stumbling block on the review, as I lost the little Ladybird yesterday! It was hovering above the flying field when it lost signal--partially because it lost signal, partially because of a weak tx battery, partially who knows. The failsafe settings were set to Servo Hold for some reason, so I think it drifted away . .. .. . . ... ... . .. . . .. . . . . . . . . . . .

After this video ended, I caught the signal again a few seconds later for a moment, and it was still hovering.

I feel like quite the idiot. I'd been having a blast with it, and hope to have a replacement soon to finish the review.

Dang it,

Rafa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZldyRvtAbA

That's too bad. Will you be putting up posters saying 'Lost Quad - reward available'

The picture looked ok, lotsa interference it seemed. Maybe something around was an issue, wires or something. I am interested in this because it seems to be a pretty inexpensive way to get into FPV.

Lard4Hire
Lard4Hire is online now Find More Posts by Lard4Hire
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:13 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
Hi N,
With the way the LB V1 is coded/mixed, you have to input the rudder you want then release the rudder and bank for the extremely tight turns. You can turn on a dime when you get this correct. It is a bit different from the others but it does work. Maxing out the rudder/yaw D/R as you did to 125% the and increasing the rudder/yaw expo for increased stick sensitivity. For all note that the values for the Walkera Tx are JR style vs Futaba(they made that different to confuse us eh?...), so expo must be in the (-) range so (-70) or more if necessary for increased stick sensitivity. Increase your aileron D/R and expo to suit your flying control feel and style too. You can also try this in the 3d mode(green LED) with less accelerometer self-leveling. It will hold the angle you set after more than 30 degrees or so is input. If any less then it will try to self-level albeit slower than the normal self-level mode(red LED).
Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by natscape View Post
So I fired up my V1 last weekend.
Haven't flown it for quite some time as I have been busy with the V929/949.

Anyway, I still could not get it to do banking turns coz of the stupid rudder/aileron mixing. I have a 1.0 FCB btw.

I am flying with a Devo 7 TX on 6-axis mode. Settings are pretty standard with rudder travel at maximum, 125% D/R and -20 expo.

What I do is to fly forward, then attempt to do a banking turn by simultaneously applying rudder+aileron. This method works very well with the V929/949 but for the life of me, I can't do it on the LB V1.

How much rudder vs. aileron should I apply? Is it like 50% rudder and 25% aileron?

Tips anyone?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Feb 01, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:33 AM
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Sep 2012
709 Posts
Hello Jesolins,

Thanks for the reply.

I will try your method this weekend.

Cheers!
natscape is offline Find More Posts by natscape
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:32 AM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
FPV review

Hey Y'all,

Here's a review I wrote on the new Walkera FPV setup: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1821553

Rafa
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:15 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
1,930 Posts
I just flew my DSM converted ladybird in some heavy (gusting to 27!) winds.. Amazed me at how well it did!! It was hovering at a 30 degree angle.. hahahaa
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:25 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Wow, that's some serious wind
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:19 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2005
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KcaKamakazi View Post
Hey guys just fopr the previous question any of the Devo S series remotes have telemetry, but the question I have an issue rather is does anyone else have an issue with the yaw rate freezing and becomming unresponsive while in flight also I have the Devo 7 that came in the bundle and many times on startup of the transmitter the little "jingle" that plays on startup is sometimes different and ends up not syncing with the heli? Anyone else having these issues?
I recently purchased the ladybird.
I too have the same problem of freezing.
has anyone figured out why it happens?
someone has solved?
galaxy1 is offline Find More Posts by galaxy1
Old Feb 01, 2013, 10:23 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
Hi Gents,
Is this the yaw lock after you put in and hold an aileron/roll issue that I mentioned in my post above? If so then currently you have to release the aileron/roll input and then add the desired yaw as a work-around if you want extremely tight turns.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy1 View Post
I recently purchased the ladybird.
I too have the same problem of freezing.
has anyone figured out why it happens?
someone has solved?
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:59 AM
Italy
Joined Oct 2005
228 Posts
my blue-eyed ladybird

having wrapped difficulties in understanding the orientation at a distance of my quaddino I decided to equip it with a pair of blue LED with high brightness. the result seemed good. what do you think?
I put two resistors smd for each LED and 30mA in total I absorption in less than 10 minutes of flight resulting in a ridiculous 5mA and added weight of 0.6gr.
galaxy1 is offline Find More Posts by galaxy1
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:04 AM
Joined Mar 2006
781 Posts
Very nice, That config was the one i liked the best for LEDs on my LB. Only difference was i had one red in the rear center. Lights under the booms just don't do it for me.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76