SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 06, 2014, 10:23 PM
Sponsored by U.S Border Patrol
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Jan 2010
6,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc oldie View Post
Nick, Mr Campbell is having a Christmas party for the club next Saturday the 13th. It will start at 5:00 & it will be in his garage. I hope you can make it !
Wish I could make it.. Taking the entire Brady bunch to Disney World . Leaving tomorrow and will be back late next Sunday.. Hope you guys have fun.
garyav16 is offline Find More Posts by garyav16
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2014, 04:50 AM
Build, Fly, Maintain, Repeat..
United States, VA, Alexandria
Joined Nov 2008
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Nick, Mr Campbell is having a Christmas party for the club next Saturday the 13th. It will start at 5:00 & it will be in his garage. I hope you can make it !
I can't be there, off on a cruise.
mirored is offline Find More Posts by mirored
Old Dec 07, 2014, 05:31 AM
Joined Apr 2012
525 Posts
Quote:
Sorry I want be able to make it ether on a 3 year government paid vacation in Europe. Hope you guys have fun on all of your adventures.
Mr.flyboy79 is offline Find More Posts by Mr.flyboy79
Old Dec 08, 2014, 10:04 AM
AMA 84248 since 1964
Joined Jan 2011
1,361 Posts
Wx break

I sure wish the temp/rain/winds would moderate. i'm gonna forget stick coordination
for my RV-4. My winter project is to mount my HD mini video camera on the RV and take some shots of FARCC. One problem I'm having is findind a servo that rotates 180 degrees. I ordered a Hitec retract servo but it doesnt allow endpoint adjustment
and doesnt react to servo speed control from th DX-9 looks like as soon as it sees 40% throw it just goes full range up or down.

KKKKFL
Franco2fly is offline Find More Posts by Franco2fly
Old Dec 08, 2014, 02:49 PM
McLean, VA
Joined Dec 2001
293 Posts
KK...

Check www.servocity.com

Look thru descriptions for both Futaba and Hi-tec servos. Some are modified to run continuously. Others proportionally to 180 degrees. Lots of gimbal hardware too.

Jim
Jim Blanchfield is offline Find More Posts by Jim Blanchfield
Old Dec 08, 2014, 04:36 PM
Joined Nov 2008
2,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Blanchfield View Post
KK...

Check www.servocity.com

Look thru descriptions for both Futaba and Hi-tec servos. Some are modified to run continuously. Others proportionally to 180 degrees. Lots of gimbal hardware too.

Jim
They also have electronics that you can use inline with the servo and obtain the 180 degrees you are looking for. You typically cannot get that without a driver like that.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 09:51 AM
Joined Nov 2008
2,261 Posts
OK, its officially dead in here.

I hope you all put together your Christmas wish lists and you get everything you are looking for. My new upgraded racer red number 6 Jeti transmitter will be here this week. Awesome!!!
Old Dec 14, 2014, 08:25 PM
Retreating Blade Stall
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2011
3,334 Posts
Hey everybody, really great weather this weekend. I flew both days which is rare for me. Saturday was nice, then the club party; today even better. Good to see folks at the party.

I've been having some electrical Gremlins recently. Two weeks ago the motor in my Fusion shut off in the middle of a flight, got it down without damage but wound up replacing both the motor and ESC. Late today I went to fly the Goblin, as soon as I flipped the switch to start the motor there was a pop sound and the rotor only went a fraction of a rotation. Telemetry reading went to 0v. Prior 5 flights today were fine, two prior on that battery fine. There is no voltage across 1 of the 12 cells. At home I started digging into that battery, found bad connection on one of the intercell tabs. Its worth a repair try, only 80 cycles on that pack.
Arcturus97 is online now Find More Posts by Arcturus97
Old Dec 15, 2014, 12:38 PM
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Jan 2010
6,591 Posts
Hey guys.. Hope everyone got a little flying in.. I just got back from Orlando last night. Tired and had to go to work today for a few hours. I'm looking forward to getting out and flying.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 04:52 PM
Retreating Blade Stall
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined Apr 2011
3,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco2fly View Post
I sure wish the temp/rain/winds would moderate. i'm gonna forget stick coordination
for my RV-4. My winter project is to mount my HD mini video camera on the RV and take some shots of FARCC. One problem I'm having is findind a servo that rotates 180 degrees. I ordered a Hitec retract servo but it doesnt allow endpoint adjustment
and doesnt react to servo speed control from th DX-9 looks like as soon as it sees 40% throw it just goes full range up or down.

KKKKFL
Hey Franco, your break in the weather was today and this past Saturday & Sunday, hope you made the best of it (I did )

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyav16 View Post
Hey guys.. Hope everyone got a little flying in.. I just got back from Orlando last night. Tired and had to go to work today for a few hours. I'm looking forward to getting out and flying.
Gary, welcome back dood! 10 day forecast looks crappy for this coming weekend, I hope its wrong.

//
I think I repaired that 12S-5000 battery, resoldered one of the intercell tabs (lol I was wearing welding gloves and safety googles). Solid connection now. I then took that battery and used it as the supply for my charger, then incrementally ramped up a charge into another battery. I got it up to 38A continuous load on that repaired battery - more will require the heli. Monitoring the voltages per cell at that 38A load there was at most 70 millivolts difference between any cell. Next will be a hover test, then slowly ramp up to more stressful flying. If it fails then autorotation landing.
Arcturus97 is online now Find More Posts by Arcturus97
Old Dec 16, 2014, 06:07 PM
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Jan 2010
6,591 Posts
What's new guys.. 2 more days of work this week and off until next year. Hope to get some flying in.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 06:08 PM
Woodbridge, VA
Joined Jan 2010
6,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.flyboy79 View Post
Sorry I want be able to make it ether on a 3 year government paid vacation in Europe. Hope you guys have fun on all of your adventures.
Hey Bro, how are you and the family doing? You get that mini mansion all fixed up?