SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Mar 2009
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GassPasser View Post
can someone tell me how to figure Digital Servo Torque i need for the Rev 70 & DLE combo ?
I'm using these. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXUZ76&P=0 Had Karbonite geared servos at first and one of the aileron servos stripped. Lots of vibration with this engine so I would go with metal geared servos. The control surfaces aren't big like a 3d plane so mega torque servos aren't necessary.
afjetmech is online now Find More Posts by afjetmech
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:51 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
687 Posts
thankx. thats what i was looking at.
GassPasser is offline Find More Posts by GassPasser
Old Sep 17, 2012, 03:34 AM
Anything that gives me a High
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Jan 2010
1,574 Posts
Has anyone seen this, a giant scale revolver.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNCLCJ&P=G
super kupfer is offline Find More Posts by super kupfer
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:16 AM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
687 Posts
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by super kupfer View Post
Has anyone seen this, a giant scale revolver.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LNCLCJ&P=G
i wish i would have seen this sooner. wow.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:17 PM
United States, WA, Spokane
Joined Aug 2006
161 Posts
Wish there was more info on the Giant on the site...
P Farley is offline Find More Posts by P Farley
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:19 PM
Joined Aug 2006
161 Posts
Tail wheel

Anybody do a different tail wheel set-up on this plane? I'm thinking I dont like it on the rudder, its hard on the servo.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:26 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Mar 2009
637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P Farley View Post
Anybody do a different tail wheel set-up on this plane? I'm thinking I dont like it on the rudder, its hard on the servo.
Use the Sullivan. Drill holes through fuse then drop in a small piece of ply with the blind nuts mounted on it through the horizontal stab slot. Mount the tail wheel then drizzle some epoxy down on the ply to hold it there if you have to remove the tail wheel.
afjetmech is online now Find More Posts by afjetmech
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:20 PM
Joined Aug 2006
161 Posts
Landing!

Flew thru two 6S 5000mah packs tonight, the first was filled with nothing but approaches, and go-arounds, I needed to try to figure out finally how to land this thing! I fly sailanes and hotliners some of which are way faster than this will ever go, but they also slow WAY down for landing, and have no landing gear. After about 10 approaches...absolutley greased a landing. So happy. Second pack was filled with everything I could throw at it, what a great airplane! Second landing, a slight bounce, and came to rest. I"m guessing that I might be the only guy flying this as his first plane with wheels for landing gear! So happy.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
A&P/IA
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Feb 2007
578 Posts
i agree, great airplane but wont slow down to save its life..

i flew two 6s 5000 packs through mine this past weekend doing nothing but touch and goes. i still cant get it to slow down. i chop the throttle on downwind and leave it off all the way to touchdown, i start my flare at the runway threshold and the revolver floats the entire length of the runway... its kind of amazing how well it floats so slow.

this isnt a bad thing by any means, however i am considering making a speed brake mod or something so i can grease it in to the same spot everytime.
chevronflyer is offline Find More Posts by chevronflyer
Old Sep 25, 2012, 01:02 PM
Joined Aug 2006
161 Posts
Mine is much the same, chop throttle in final turn for approach, prop windmills quite fast (no brake on ESC) and slows the plane while it has a hands off descent, then at about 2 or 3 feet, I advance throttle to about 1/3 which gains some speed but slows the descent...and let it settle in. A bit faster that what I'm use to, but more control, and no bounce. I am landing on short grass, but it still stops the plane very well. I cant imagine the roll out if landing on asphalt!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 05:59 PM
Pro Bro # 2398
BoonVegas, Indiana
Joined Dec 2005
687 Posts
wow, im using my first gas engine on this bird. i didnt think it would be that floaty.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:42 PM
Electric
Joined Oct 2009
425 Posts
I have the Rimfire 1.20 on 7s5000 lipo and APC14x8.5e; GPS shows 114mph. Bought an APC14x10e for this weekend. AUW is 10lbs 4oz.
DeadstickDuck is online now Find More Posts by DeadstickDuck
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:14 PM
USA, CA, Valencia
Joined Mar 2011
160 Posts
I see some are using a 6S 5000 with the Rimfire 120. What kind of run time are you getting with what prop esc combo? Not really interested in speed.
dawhale is offline Find More Posts by dawhale
Last edited by dawhale; Oct 07, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old Oct 09, 2012, 09:13 AM
A&P/IA
United States, FL, Middleburg
Joined Feb 2007
578 Posts
Im running the rimfire .60 with a 12x6 prop and castle ice 100 esc on a 6s 5000mah lipo

I get 10 min solid flight times as the amps are under 60 at WOT. plenty of power, jumps off the ground in about 10 feet but the vertical is not unlimited. flies very realistically though with plenty of power in reserve
chevronflyer is offline Find More Posts by chevronflyer
Old Oct 09, 2012, 01:09 PM
Joined Aug 2006
161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevronflyer View Post
Im running the rimfire .60 with a 12x6 prop and castle ice 100 esc on a 6s 5000mah lipo

I get 10 min solid flight times as the amps are under 60 at WOT. plenty of power, jumps off the ground in about 10 feet but the vertical is not unlimited. flies very realistically though with plenty of power in reserve
The .60 and a 12x6? Are you sure?