Old Jan 27, 2016, 04:49 PM
Find More Posts by 3Dreaming
Joined Feb 2007
62 Posts
Discussion
YGE 7S help

I think I am in helicopter mode, and need to switch to airplane mode.

The instructions on the YGE site do not specifically address how to make the switch, unless I'm missing something in translation.

I am looking for instructions on how the get the ESC switched from helicopter mode to airplane mode.

Right now it takes about 10 seconds for the motor to spin up. While I could fly it like this I thin kit will cause problems.
3Dreaming is online now Find More Posts by 3Dreaming
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by Vince Caluori
United States, WA, North Bend
Joined Dec 2002
241 Posts
Have had same problem. here are instructions:
1. Switch on the transmitter, set the throttle stick at full throttle to ensure that the controller is off.
2. Hold the model, connect the ESC => a monotonous continuous beep should be heard! ♪♪♪♪♪♪…: Programming mode active! Full throttle position detected!
3. Set the stick to the desired neutral position. If no brake is required this is the "fully back" position. If a brake is required, place the stick in the bottom quarter (ie not fully back). Thus the stick positions are stored. Acknowledgement: ♪ ♪

4. Now the selection of a soft start takes place. For extremely fast response times to simply move the stick to full throttle and wait for confirmation, then stick back and the controller is armed.
Vince Caluori is offline Find More Posts by Vince Caluori
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:13 PM
Find More Posts by Free
"Free" in Christ! #F3P
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
1,100 Posts
I'm lame, so I bought a programming card, and I must say the programing was very easy.

Free
Free is offline Find More Posts by Free
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:19 PM
Find More Posts by pmackenzie
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
18,985 Posts
I have had this happen a few times. If somehow the throttle range has been messed up it is nearly impossible to fix it without using the programming card.
The bad throttle range prevents the ESC from programming properly.

The key to making it not happen is to never turn on with the throttle at full.
And if you do it by accident don't bring the throttle stick down, unplug the battery and no programming changes will be made.

A reboot from a dead pack can cause it to enter programming mode, so avoid running the battery flat.
(i.e. battery goes flat, motor stops, voltage recovers, ESC reboots and you might have the stick up so it goes into programming mode)

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Feb 01, 2016, 02:14 PM
Joined Feb 2007
62 Posts
Can the motor be run with the program card connected between the receiver and ESC?
Old Feb 01, 2016, 04:41 PM
Find More Posts by Finnspeed
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
1,108 Posts
If I remember correctly this is not possible. Fortunately there are not too many settings to change. The programming card has two "levels" and switching between them is not intuitive at first - you need to find the YGE programming manual:

"Level 2.
All other functions like the governor mode can be accessed
through the level 2 of the ProgCard by pushing briefly the
two left buttons simultaneously. (the level switching occurs
on release of the buttons)
For confirmation the menu LED is blinking now. By
pushing again the two left buttons you come back to level 1
exactly where you left level 1."
Finnspeed is offline Find More Posts by Finnspeed
Old Feb 01, 2016, 06:01 PM
Joined Feb 2007
62 Posts
I got the card in the mail today, and reading the instructions the receiver does not even need to be hooked up, except for a few options.

I have tried once with the settings I thought it should be, and the motor doesn't want to run. Any body have any suggestion on settings for the AL12-80/13 contra system? I don't want to have to un-solder from the receiver and connect a lead to many times trying to figure it out. I know the motor will run OK with a soft start.
Old Feb 01, 2016, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by pmackenzie
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
18,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dreaming View Post
I got the card in the mail today, and reading the instructions the receiver does not even need to be hooked up, except for a few options.

I have tried once with the settings I thought it should be, and the motor doesn't want to run. Any body have any suggestion on settings for the AL12-80/13 contra system? I don't want to have to un-solder from the receiver and connect a lead to many times trying to figure it out. I know the motor will run OK with a soft start.
If the high and low throttle settings have been messed up you will need to hook it up to the receiver. (Ask me how I know )

For my Glavak contra I used the settings shown on this video:

Regler Einstellung (1 min 25 sec)
pmackenzie is online now Find More Posts by pmackenzie