Old Jan 28, 2016, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by fpvberlin
Joined Feb 2013
93 Posts
Hi Jakub, looks like the new InfinityMR can freely rotate on the roll axis. Or am I wrong...? Looking great those bros.
fpvberlin is offline Find More Posts by fpvberlin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2016, 01:35 AM
Find More Posts by jakuban
Poland, Lublin Voivodeship, Lublin
Joined Nov 2008
416 Posts
Want to save some money? You can get InfinityMR now in flashsale - 5% off + international DHL/UPS free shipping.
Use this code: buymenow5

Only few units available.

http://hdairstudio.com/product/infin...rotror-gimbal/

jakuban is offline Find More Posts by jakuban
Site Sponsor
Old May 18, 2016, 09:04 AM
Find More Posts by MLaBoyteaux
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Jul 2006
222 Posts
I still can't get the roll axis to stay level on my InfinityMR. It always tilts or rolls in the direction I'm accelerating. The gimbal is good construction, but the Alexmos stabilizer just doesn't work well. I've taken to using the gimbal for photography, but it's not suitable for video work. There's no roll input so the operator can't even try to level the horizon.
MLaBoyteaux is offline Find More Posts by MLaBoyteaux
Old May 18, 2016, 09:08 AM
Joined Nov 2008
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLaBoyteaux View Post
I still can't get the roll axis to stay level on my InfinityMR. It always tilts or rolls in the direction I'm accelerating. The gimbal is good construction, but the Alexmos stabilizer just doesn't work well. I've taken to using the gimbal for photography, but it's not suitable for video work. There's no roll input so the operator can't even try to level the horizon.
Yes, you can controll ROLL axis. Just use Sbus/PPM/DSM to controll all axis.

Did you calibrate gyro?
Site Sponsor
Old May 18, 2016, 09:29 AM
Find More Posts by MLaBoyteaux
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Jul 2006
222 Posts
I've calibrated it multiple times, tuned, autotuned, tweaked, adjusted, tested and tested. It works ok, but if I accelerate left or right relative to the direction the gimbal is pointed, it always rolls off several degrees and the footage is useless. I've tried different settings for the gyro-trust. Too low and the horizon rolls off worse, too high and it's more stable, but once it drifts it takes a long time in a steady hover to correct itself.

I'm not using a receiver capable of Sbus. The only inputs provided on the gimbal are tilt and pan. So now I need to purchase a completely new radio control system for this gimbal?

I'm ready to sell it, but I don't think I can really get anything for it. Looks like another purchase to test something and write it off as an expensive lesson.
MLaBoyteaux is offline Find More Posts by MLaBoyteaux
Old May 18, 2016, 10:06 AM
Joined Nov 2008
416 Posts
Hey,

no. There is cheaper way to use Sbus or PPM. For example ppm encoder for 6$!
http://rctimer.com/product-1185.html

That is true that AlexMos suffers from drift horison, but I know that they are working on that. Unfortunetally most of gimbals has this problem and it is not about the gimbal mechanics (of course it is very important that the gimbal is rigid and precise) but gimbal controller.
Site Sponsor