New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2016, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by kidagain
New York
Joined Nov 2009
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_M_1980 View Post
I've never had the gut's to try it myself as I think it will end in tears.

But, a quick search on YouTube find's this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16VZ8kvYQoc

And from the link's in the description, it is a 1400mm/55"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdd54 View Post
I've never tried. Seems kid of heavy to be throwing it. I would think it would drop like a boulder....
Quote:
Originally Posted by shonmac View Post
Even though i just saw it done on that video, don't feel confident enough to throw mine .

Thanks for all the input. I agree I don't know if I will try it. If I do I'll post the results.
kidagain is offline Find More Posts by kidagain
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2016, 01:12 AM
airzipper
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Offensive content (Flatulence). It is temporarily hidden while airzipper edits it.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 07:54 PM
Find More Posts by IGIVEUP1
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidagain View Post
Thanks for all the input. I agree I don't know if I will try it. If I do I'll post the results.
I used to hand launch a Goldberg 62" Skylane with a OS Max H40P (5.5lbs?). Its a bit heavier but its all in the technique. Ive seen guys run, stop and then toss? Duh! Others try to throw it up at 45 degrees plus, throwing from the elbow. NOT. Throwing from the elbow will induce a twisting motion and that kills planes.Hold it STRAIGHT arm at about 45 nose up wings level, on a balance over your shoulder (avoids that wanna pivot out of your hand, nose heavy,gonna screw up feeling,dont clip your ear). At 3/4 to full throttle smoothly, with a good amount of force (hanging on tightly,important), arc over with a STRAIGHT arm, and aim for a point about 20 feet on the ground in front of you before releasing. Practice the motion power off from the 45 back to level over your head, STRAIGHT arm, til ya feel good about it and can estimate your release point (If you have a good head wind the plane will want to leave your grip before your ready) At 15-20 feet out you should be at 5-10 degrees up and climbing to the left at 10-20d bank roughly, if your trimmed for level at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. The whole deal is keeping that arm STRAIGHT and the wings level all the way thru the arc. Not as easy as it sounds. Just flying from there.
Duck..
PS: I didnt just go out and start throwing a 62" Skylane at the ground. I had a 42" Goldberg Skylane and a Midwest Cessna cardinal (first foamy?) with an OS Max 10 beforehand, but that way of launching differed very little if any except the heavier weight of the 62". I would have to grab it back by the tail feathers were I could get a better grip and arc it over at the 20ft spot like throwing a javelin. Worst case scenario was a bent nose gear if ya fumbled and didnt get on the elevator quick enough, where if u launch up and stall u will snaproll and bust something.. The smaller planes would tend to zoom when launched at the downward angle with some force. Think of it as using Gravity (down) not fighting it (up)! Worked for me!!
couple small stickon velcro patches at your grip point dont hurt your confidence
IGIVEUP1 is offline Find More Posts by IGIVEUP1
Last edited by IGIVEUP1; Jan 28, 2016 at 11:27 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2016, 01:36 AM
Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Flight Risk AMA # 986105
United States, UT, Cedar City
Joined Oct 2011
1,087 Posts
For anyone looking at this plane, I just found the V1 equivalent 4 ch. 1410 mm it is on back order but if interested inbox me and I'll see if I can get the date of release. As most of you know I love the V1 and have put it through its paces you can not kill it! Well you could but you would have to try harder than I did! And I hit trees not just 1, power lines, the ground doing a death spiral nose down from about 100 feet up, all of the repairs have been documented here. I am super excited! Oh and the price unbelievable! Hit me up if interested.

Just a side note it is not available in RTF. It comes PNP.
stoopidmonkey is offline Find More Posts by stoopidmonkey
Last edited by stoopidmonkey; Feb 04, 2016 at 02:21 AM.
Old Feb 04, 2016, 10:58 AM
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
241 Posts
Version 1 parts

And here s where you get spare parts for it. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/4051...8.0.684.6r8qd8 The HK price is unreal . http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ght%20aircraft. Flit Model Shenzen has been flawless on 7 orders. Your dealing with Fernando Bean.
Duck

Check out the "No Hex" prop adapter!!! These are the guys who manufacture the kit I believe. http://www.sonicmodell.com/en/produc...ail.asp?id=109 Click on company profile to see wall to wall 182s.
Last edited by IGIVEUP1; Feb 06, 2016 at 11:56 AM.
Old Feb 06, 2016, 12:44 PM
New York
Joined Nov 2009
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGIVEUP1 View Post
I used to hand launch a Goldberg 62" Skylane with a OS Max H40P (5.5lbs?). Its a bit heavier but its all in the technique. Ive seen guys run, stop and then toss? Duh! Others try to throw it up at 45 degrees plus, throwing from the elbow. NOT. Throwing from the elbow will induce a twisting motion and that kills planes.Hold it STRAIGHT arm at about 45 nose up wings level, on a balance over your shoulder (avoids that wanna pivot out of your hand, nose heavy,gonna screw up feeling,dont clip your ear). At 3/4 to full throttle smoothly, with a good amount of force (hanging on tightly,important), arc over with a STRAIGHT arm, and aim for a point about 20 feet on the ground in front of you before releasing. Practice the motion power off from the 45 back to level over your head, STRAIGHT arm, til ya feel good about it and can estimate your release point (If you have a good head wind the plane will want to leave your grip before your ready) At 15-20 feet out you should be at 5-10 degrees up and climbing to the left at 10-20d bank roughly, if your trimmed for level at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle. The whole deal is keeping that arm STRAIGHT and the wings level all the way thru the arc. Not as easy as it sounds. Just flying from there.
Duck..
PS: I didnt just go out and start throwing a 62" Skylane at the ground. I had a 42" Goldberg Skylane and a Midwest Cessna cardinal (first foamy?) with an OS Max 10 beforehand, but that way of launching differed very little if any except the heavier weight of the 62". I would have to grab it back by the tail feathers were I could get a better grip and arc it over at the 20ft spot like throwing a javelin. Worst case scenario was a bent nose gear if ya fumbled and didnt get on the elevator quick enough, where if u launch up and stall u will snaproll and bust something.. The smaller planes would tend to zoom when launched at the downward angle with some force. Think of it as using Gravity (down) not fighting it (up)! Worked for me!!
couple small stickon velcro patches at your grip point dont hurt your confidence
Thanks! I have hand launched my 42" WACO with no problem. So if the weather gets better one weekend I'll give it a try.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 08:34 PM
Out of the Past
Canada, BC, Vernon
Joined Aug 2014
241 Posts
Version 1 C180 Wannabe Update

Looks like the 3648 ROC Reno 770kv is the power choice with the HK TGS 12x8e fat blade prop. Flight performance is great. 3300mah 3s Zippy Compacts (Torque Rules) are a light load. Will go from flat out level to vertical with 2 rolls before bleed off and will maintain straight up till orientation is lost although not at rocket ship speeds. 1/3 to 1/2 speeds are a very mellow trainer experience with a wallowing , clumsy feeling, so leave lots of aileron throw. Crack it open and you are in a totally different world. The difference with power settings and pitch can be confusing if not prepared. Not killer but more "whoa". Very thin stabilizer thickness makes :speed ,pitch changes rapid but damped with expo if needed. Inverted is almost hands off. Zero side thrust with one washer added to down thrust from stock firewall mount. I give it about 98 percent comparison to the Real Flight Simulator 182 gas job. If you can handle that at 1/3 throttle with low and slows, you can be a star with this setup The only problem is that it just doesnt wanna quit flying, so start your approach early.
IMHO: Always fly a Skylane in a slightly nose heavy state no matter what model, size, shape or form.
Duck
PS: It handles low to medium grass just fine with full up elevator to start the taxi, on 2 1/2 wheels.
Last edited by IGIVEUP1; Apr 11, 2016 at 01:22 PM.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 07:41 PM
Find More Posts by LoDolce
United States, NJ, Upper Freehold
Joined May 2012
115 Posts
FMS Sky Trainer 182 V2 (3 min 19 sec)

Has been windy for days , but got a little better this afternoon. My go to plane for wind in my front yard is the PZ Sport Cub, but that's waiting for new tail feathers. I got too confident and took it out while we were having a Nor' Easter here in NJ. Wind from the north east gives me a head wind when landing on my driveway. Bad idea. Wind really kick up after it was up and just through it into the trees.

Anyway, nice to get the 182 out today.
LoDolce is offline Find More Posts by LoDolce
Old Mar 26, 2016, 08:29 PM
New York
Joined Nov 2009
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoDolce View Post
https://youtu.be/j7hkOo6UkbQ
Has been windy for days , but got a little better this afternoon. My go to plane for wind in my front yard is the PZ Sport Cub, but that's waiting for new tail feathers. I got too confident and took it out while we were having a Nor' Easter here in NJ. Wind from the north east gives me a head wind when landing on my driveway. Bad idea. Wind really kick up after it was up and just through it into the trees.

Anyway, nice to get the 182 out today.
WOW! I remember that driveway from earlier post. Great flick
Your are a very good pilot my friend. I have not had mine out yet been working every weekend.