Old Jan 23, 2016, 01:04 AM
Find More Posts by Jim Lee
AMA # 75962
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
I just got a WebRC XDrone HD for Christmas, and while I'm not into Quads, (I prefer Helicopters over quads) it is kind of fun to play with.

J
Jim Lee is online now Find More Posts by Jim Lee
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2016, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
15,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
I just got a WebRC XDrone HD for Christmas, and while I'm not into Quads, (I prefer Helicopters over quads) it is kind of fun to play with.

J
I had several helis before getting into planes. Now I'm a plane junkie. The addiction was too much for me to handle

Hey Jim, are you Tracy's and Scooter's Bud from Puyallup?

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jan 23, 2016, 03:41 PM
Find More Posts by Jim Lee
AMA # 75962
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I had several helis before getting into planes. Now I'm a plane junkie. The addiction was too much for me to handle

Hey Jim, are you Tracy's and Scooter's Bud from Puyallup?

Mike.
Yes, I met him on the Coaxial thread. Haven't heard from him lately, but I know he hangs out on the Talk about anything thread.

J
Jim Lee is online now Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Jan 23, 2016, 04:26 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
15,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
Yes, I met him on the Coaxial thread. Haven't heard from him lately, but I know he hangs out on the Talk about anything thread.

J
Yup. He's just starting to post again and he says he feels better. Poor Guy had a rough time there for a while. Drop in and post. That would lift his spirits for sure

Mike.
Old Jan 23, 2016, 05:04 PM
Find More Posts by DrazaFFT
Serbia, Vojvodina, Odžaci
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
Was so afraid last night, took my little bird to fly after almost 2 months left with no fly, i wast sure was the battery left charged or not so i plugged it and after minute or two the charger started flashing. I though that battery is charged and i unplugged it and after some time i tried to fly but it couldnt lift above like 50cm of the ground even with the full throttle... I thought that battery is dead, was really sad but i saw it comming, its 2 years old now and im not sure but it had way more than 50 flights, i think close to 100 but not sure, plus i havent treated the battery the best, i always left either fully charged or fully discharged, tho i followed the cool down time rule between flight and charging every time... Anyway i let it hover for a 2-3 minutes until the battery was completely dead and i thought to try to charge it and see what will happen... after a charging it flied for 6+ minutes (aproximately, by looking at the wall clock), after that i charged it again, and left it charged, today i took a flight with the battery charged yesterday and i flied for 6'30" measured with phone stopwatch... i guess that battery is still fine and the little bird have some more flight time left
DrazaFFT is offline Find More Posts by DrazaFFT
Old Jan 23, 2016, 08:04 PM
Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
7,246 Posts
Quote:

Mike.
Don't want to go too far off topic here, so I decided to send you an Email about a great plane/glider that I am flying.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Jan 23, 2016, 08:07 PM
Joined Aug 2011
7,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrazaFFT View Post
Was so afraid last night, took my little bird to fly after almost 2 months left with no fly, i wast sure was the battery left charged or not so i plugged it and after minute or two the charger started flashing. I though that battery is charged and i unplugged it and after some time i tried to fly but it couldnt lift above like 50cm of the ground even with the full throttle... I thought that battery is dead, was really sad but i saw it comming, its 2 years old now and im not sure but it had way more than 50 flights, i think close to 100 but not sure, plus i havent treated the battery the best, i always left either fully charged or fully discharged, tho i followed the cool down time rule between flight and charging every time... Anyway i let it hover for a 2-3 minutes until the battery was completely dead and i thought to try to charge it and see what will happen... after a charging it flied for 6+ minutes (aproximately, by looking at the wall clock), after that i charged it again, and left it charged, today i took a flight with the battery charged yesterday and i flied for 6'30" measured with phone stopwatch... i guess that battery is still fine and the little bird have some more flight time left
Always love a story with a happy ending. Happy flights.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by DrazaFFT
Serbia, Vojvodina, Odžaci
Joined Nov 2012
21 Posts
And one more thing, how long can i expect that this battery will live? what signs ill see when it start fading will it fly less and less or it will just die instantly?
DrazaFFT is offline Find More Posts by DrazaFFT
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:45 PM
Find More Posts by Jake8131
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
How do you like it, Jake? I haven't flown this model. But just by looking at it, black, 6 props, all same color, I imagine that it will give average pilot a headache with orientation. For season pilots, it wouldn't be as much a challenge.
Haven't gotten it yet. Slow boat from China. Plan on changing out the two from blades for a different color!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Feb 05, 2016, 12:07 PM
Joined Dec 2010
3,918 Posts
Fooling around with my Syma S107C Spy Heli.

SYMAS107C AAA (1 min 49 sec)
Old Feb 06, 2016, 11:05 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
15,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Fooling around with my Syma S107C Spy Heli.

https://youtu.be/QGOxEjgpkms
Jake, the vid on that isn't too bad especially in a hover

Mike.
Old Feb 07, 2016, 11:33 AM
Find More Posts by CanyonDoug
Newb 107 & v911 Enthusiast
Joined Feb 2016
1 Posts
Newb... hoping in the right area....

Had 107 for a about two weeks or so... got myself a v911 that is even more fun. Tough little birds, both of them. Whether coincidence or not, after soldering up a 240mah upgrade battery in my daughter's 107, it cannot seem to achieve a decent CG... goes up and starts to wobble all over. Guessing flybar, but does not hover in a pattern as typical with the beloved "TBE". I will continue to inspect for any looseness of anything. She has def had some hard crashes... Have another on its way from Amazon to compare it to in hopes of finding the failure. Any input? Almost acts like the gyro went out....?? Sorry of in wrong area, just give me a swift kick to the right spot. Happy to be amongst those who know about these things.
CanyonDoug is offline Find More Posts by CanyonDoug
Old Feb 07, 2016, 12:10 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
15,208 Posts
Check all your links especially going to the flybar first.

Mike.
Old Feb 09, 2016, 05:31 PM
Joined Aug 2011
7,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanyonDoug View Post
Had 107 for a about two weeks or so... got myself a v911 that is even more fun. Tough little birds, both of them. Whether coincidence or not, after soldering up a 240mah upgrade battery in my daughter's 107, it cannot seem to achieve a decent CG... goes up and starts to wobble all over. Guessing flybar, but does not hover in a pattern as typical with the beloved "TBE". I will continue to inspect for any looseness of anything. She has def had some hard crashes... Have another on its way from Amazon to compare it to in hopes of finding the failure. Any input? Almost acts like the gyro went out....?? Sorry of in wrong area, just give me a swift kick to the right spot. Happy to be amongst those who know about these things.
Could you post a video?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 08:20 PM
Joined Dec 2010
3,918 Posts
Quote:
Jake, the vid on that isn't too bad especially in a hover

Mike.
Had to play around with the SD cards. Finally found one that works very good with it. A 1 GB card.