SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:13 PM
Find More Posts by tdilwo
Joined Oct 2014
107 Posts
Careful!
New Batches of props

Hi all,
Just a quick post about something rather strange that happened today. I crashed my Blackout and went to replace the props with a new batch that I had just gotten from HQ (the 5040 glass fiber reinforced) and replaced the two on opposite corners (how I managed to break the props on the absolute opposite sides of the quad, I have no idea). After I took off the quad was yawing pretty substantially to the left. What I eventually figured out was that the newer props (which were matte black instead of glossy) were significantly stiffer than the old ones I had been using. (Strange seeing as they were the exact same type bought from the exact same people). Anyways, that is what was causing the yaw problem and I just thought I would share it in case anyone has the same problem.
tdilwo is offline Find More Posts by tdilwo
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2015, 05:22 PM
Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
4,841 Posts
The matte black HQ props are the carbon fill props which are much stiffer,you got to use all glass fill or all carbon fill as they flex different.I prefer the carbon fill props for their performance over the glass fill.
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
Old Apr 18, 2015, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by renatoa
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
16,775 Posts
If you mix props, do not mix on diagonal, use front/back the same model, you will have pitch issues only, easily trimmable.
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa