HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2014, 11:04 PM
Ground Pounder
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Nov 2012
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gharddog03 View Post
Update- so I gorilla glued the s^#t out of the motor and mount and flew three batteries this morning and it flew awesome. Only thing is if I need to replace the motor I'm screwed. I would definitely buy this plane again. This is a must in my opinion and experience.

-change out ele and rud servos ASAP. (I used 82mg's)
-replace control horns with heavy duty.
-change out connectors ASAP. (I used dubro ez connectors)
-unglue landing gear and re glue with heavy duty glue.
-check all motor and motor mounts screws using loctite or even glue.
-package tape inside the cowl. (Breaks extremely easy)
-replace prop. (I'm using apc 13x6.5)
-velcro canopy.
Here's a start.
Gharddog03 is online now Find More Posts by Gharddog03
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 24, 2014, 06:53 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Hey Gharddog03, I really liked your video I think you titled "808". I assume that was the camera you used. But which version is it? The HD? Thanks!
kkobra is offline Find More Posts by kkobra
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:08 PM
Ground Pounder
Joined Nov 2012
824 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkobra View Post
Hey Gharddog03, I really liked your video I think you titled "808". I assume that was the camera you used. But which version is it? The HD? Thanks!
808 #16 wide lens. Version 2 "D" lens.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 02:13 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,390 Posts
I took a little while to decide on a new model to take on my annual beach holiday with the family and so glad I chose this SBach. Took 30 minutes to put together...couple of vids I took...has definitley opened my eyes to buying more Dynam stuff. Only wish they did bigger 1.7m stuff like FMS.

DYNAM SBACH 342 (# Beach Review #) (7 min 3 sec)

Dynam SBach vs HPI Buggy DUEL on the BEACH (4 min 46 sec)
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:37 PM
Ground Pounder
Joined Nov 2012
824 Posts
Nice vids!!!
Old Sep 03, 2014, 10:38 PM
United States, IL, Elmhurst
Joined May 2013
295 Posts
Looks like lots of fun.. Thanks for sharing.. Oh and great camera work..
ChiTownFlyer is online now Find More Posts by ChiTownFlyer
Old Sep 04, 2014, 03:20 AM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,390 Posts
Thanks...much appreciated
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:36 PM
United States, OH, Sandusky
Joined Nov 2013
92 Posts
Hey Sbach owners & experts, I have a few questions that I posted on the Dynam SU-26M forum, but didn't get much response over there, so I thought I'd hit you guys up, since this plane is so similar...

Can a simple mod retain this plane's capability on 3S, or is it just too large? I'm trying to reduce the variety of battery packs I need to maintain/buy. I'm pretty new to 3D, especially in a model this size, so I'm not looking for superior capability, but hover is a must. Maybe a prop change would be enough? Or a motor change? I'm willing to sacrifice some speed for adequate 3D thrust.

Also, anyone on this thread have experience with the Tacon Bigfoot 10 motor? I've read good things about it, and I'm considering it for a couple models, including this one, but I'm not sure it's ideally suited for what I want to achieve. Most folks seem to use it for a speed upgrade, but that's not a priority for me for this particular application. Is its 1100kV too high for a 3D plane of this size, or could it work well?

Lastly, any suggestions for a nice 3D capable foamie between 38 - 44" wingspan that performs on 3S? I like the look of these Dynam aerobats (and the FMS models too), but they are a tad larger than I prefer, and I'm having trouble finding much to match my criteria. I've had great experience with Horizon's models, and their new 44" Sukhoi would be ideal, but I hate the color scheme!

Thank you in advance for your input.
Knight Owl is offline Find More Posts by Knight Owl
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:56 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Owl View Post
Hey Sbach owners & experts, I have a few questions that I posted on the Dynam SU-26M forum, but didn't get much response over there, so I thought I'd hit you guys up, since this plane is so similar...

Can a simple mod retain this plane's capability on 3S, or is it just too large? I'm trying to reduce the variety of battery packs I need to maintain/buy. I'm pretty new to 3D, especially in a model this size, so I'm not looking for superior capability, but hover is a must. Maybe a prop change would be enough? Or a motor change? I'm willing to sacrifice some speed for adequate 3D thrust.

Also, anyone on this thread have experience with the Tacon Bigfoot 10 motor? I've read good things about it, and I'm considering it for a couple models, including this one, but I'm not sure it's ideally suited for what I want to achieve. Most folks seem to use it for a speed upgrade, but that's not a priority for me for this particular application. Is its 1100kV too high for a 3D plane of this size, or could it work well?

Lastly, any suggestions for a nice 3D capable foamie between 38 - 44" wingspan that performs on 3S? I like the look of these Dynam aerobats (and the FMS models too), but they are a tad larger than I prefer, and I'm having trouble finding much to match my criteria. I've had great experience with Horizon's models, and their new 44" Sukhoi would be ideal, but I hate the color scheme!

Thank you in advance for your input.
Plane hovers better than my Hitec Extra 300. I do run a 13x6.5APC prop as the Dynam stock prop disintegrated on the maiden. With a 1800mAH batt I can hover forever.
The motor, well the second motor, the first is still laying out in a field somewhere after it ripped itself off the firewall, got to be bad from pounding it into the ground after the rudder servo failed a couple of times. I replaced the motor withhttp://www.headsuphobby.com/Firepowe...otor-E-717.htm great thrust and stock speed, same prop. Now it flys better than ever. After all the problems I was going to screw this one to the garage wall, but now I want to keep her.
I bought the Hitec Weekender Extra 300 to replace this plane and was disappointed. Now that I have fixed up the Sbach, the Sbach flys much better IMO.
MIke
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike
Old Nov 21, 2014, 08:58 PM
United States, OH, Sandusky
Joined Nov 2013
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike View Post
Plane hovers better than my Hitec Extra 300. I do run a 13x6.5APC prop as the Dynam stock prop disintegrated on the maiden. With a 1800mAH batt I can hover forever.
The motor, well the second motor, the first is still laying out in a field somewhere after it ripped itself off the firewall, got to be bad from pounding it into the ground after the rudder servo failed a couple of times. I replaced the motor withhttp://www.headsuphobby.com/Firepowe...otor-E-717.htm great thrust and stock speed, same prop. Now it flys better than ever. After all the problems I was going to screw this one to the garage wall, but now I want to keep her.
I bought the Hitec Weekender Extra 300 to replace this plane and was disappointed. Now that I have fixed up the Sbach, the Sbach flys much better IMO.
MIke
Thanks, Mike. So, are you flying on 3S now with that Firepower motor? I've wondered about those motors too. Based on your experience, I assume you would endorse them?
Knight Owl is offline Find More Posts by Knight Owl
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:32 AM
United States, CA, Mt Shasta
Joined Jun 2010
2,780 Posts
I fly 4S with 1800mAH batts. Can't endorse the motor as I"m totally new to setting up power systems. Jesse at HeadsUP emails back next day and was very helpful. Problem maybe with the FirePower motor is that it maybe about 5mm short because of the bolt on prop adapter. HeadsUp sells nylon spacers that would help you adjust the motor to the right length. I've long since tossed the stock collette as it failed me big time. The cowl and spinner are ruined by successive catastrophic mechanical failures so I can't say for sure how the FirePower motor fits.
Mke
shastamike is offline Find More Posts by shastamike