Old Mar 23, 2016, 06:38 AM
Find More Posts by slayde001
Joined Mar 2016
1 Posts
Discussion
Need some help

Now i joind this thing because i need some help with a project im the kind of person who gets an idea and run with it. Iv built alot of strange things with motors just to see how fast i can get them to move and now my next project i want to tackle is an aeroplane but would not no where to start as i know nothing about aerodynamics so if there is anything people can say to help build even just the wing i would be very grateful
slayde001 is offline Find More Posts by slayde001
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 23, 2016, 07:06 AM
Find More Posts by mcnowhere
Look out below
United States, OR, McMinnville
Joined Aug 2011
1,878 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1587275

or

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1vn-sjBGOkJFHV

These will get you on the road to success.
mcnowhere is offline Find More Posts by mcnowhere
Old Mar 23, 2016, 09:48 AM
Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Hot glue held together by foam
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
5,768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayde001 View Post
Now i joind this thing because i need some help with a project im the kind of person who gets an idea and run with it. Iv built alot of strange things with motors just to see how fast i can get them to move and now my next project i want to tackle is an aeroplane but would not no where to start as i know nothing about aerodynamics so if there is anything people can say to help build even just the wing i would be very grateful
Have you flown an RC plane before ? If not , I recommend starting with a trainer - I'm sure you've heard the expression " you have to learn to walk before you can run ".

Also , if you let us know where you live ( USA , Europe , Australia ? ) , we can help you with where to get materials and components , etc .

This is the trainer I use to teach first time RC flyers , let me know if you want to build it - I can help you .

Copy of EzFly with under-cambered wing (1 min 57 sec)
balsa or carbon is offline Find More Posts by balsa or carbon
Old Mar 23, 2016, 06:11 PM
Find More Posts by walterriley
Joined Dec 2015
1,109 Posts
There is so much info in here about where to start it's difficult to know where to start But as has been said with regards to aviation you need to definitely crawl before you run in yr case
Remember one thing though flying is 3 dimensional & that brings a whole new set of challenges to what you seek........the need for speed
Start cruising thru the threads here, your answer isn't just a few paragraphs.

Good luck with your en devour for speed & remember unlike a ground based vehicle which will contact an obstruction pretty quick at speed a model plane may very well be out of site before it becomes a danger
walterriley is online now Find More Posts by walterriley