Flyzone Inum Elite RTF

Flyzone has the new Inum Elite Indoor Flyer just in time for the indoor flying season.

Splash

Flyzone has released their new three channel Inum Elite with proportional control of throttle, elevator and rudder.]

This plane is perfect for indoor flying or even outside in calm conditions. The kit includes everything needed to fly with a 4 channel SLT transmitter and even the AA batteries for the transmitter. However, it can also be flown using any compatible transmitter with the SLT (Secure Link Technology) system. The wingspan is 15.9 inches and the Elite uses a 3.7V 150mAh battery for power which can be charged from the transmitter. They even include a spare propeller in the kit. The plane's wing area is 80.5 in2 and the wing loading is 2.1 oz/ft2. Easily flown in a space half the size of a tennis court. For more details and pictures visit the Flyzone website: Flyzone's Inum Elite

The price is $79.98 RTF A detailed review of the Inum Elite is coming to RC Groups soon.

Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:36 AM
Find More Posts by JimEdmiston
MigLovin'
Sanford, FL
Joined Dec 2008
175 Posts
Don't see anything yet for replacement parts on the page, but their video looks like a more fun version of the vapor. I like that they build a charger into the transmitter. Seems like a great plane for beginners or anyone who enjoys the occasional relaxing flight. Great to keep in the car on a road trip or something. Maybe we will see one with lights!
JimEdmiston is offline Find More Posts by JimEdmiston
Old Nov 18, 2015, 12:12 PM
Find More Posts by mitchellj
UK
Joined Oct 2001
132 Posts
It looks more like an ember to me - shame it dosn't use DSM rx
mitchellj is online now Find More Posts by mitchellj
Old Nov 18, 2015, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by King of Plane
I apologize for my behavior!
Joined May 2008
1,208 Posts
It cannot be worse than the original Inum.
King of Plane is offline Find More Posts by King of Plane
Old Nov 18, 2015, 09:13 PM
Find More Posts by Ricomon
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Plane View Post
It cannot be worse than the original Inum.
Man, I love my original Inum. Then again, back in the day, I really enjoyed flying single channel gas planes with wind-up escapements. You say 3D flying? Fiddelsticks! You haven't flown until you flown single channel aerobatics. Seriously, I have a ball with the Inum. I usually take it out when I fly my Vapor.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Nov 18, 2015, 09:52 PM
Joined May 2008
1,208 Posts
I said 3D flying? Where? That's news to me. 3D makes me vomit. The Inum was the poorest little RTF micro airplane I ever spent money on and therefor it went straight to the dumpster outside.

I am happy you enjoyed yours.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 01:36 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
848 Posts
Sorry man, I was just making a joke. Yeah, I think some people got duds. I'm sorry you got a bad one. I guess I got lucky. Mine turned out to be a good one. It flies great, and the neighborhood kids have no trouble flying it. If you were close, I'd let you take it for a spin.

Rick
Old Nov 19, 2015, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by JimEdmiston
MigLovin'
Sanford, FL
Joined Dec 2008
175 Posts
My first plane and probably my all-time favorite was the Micro Flyer from Watt-age. Great plane. I remember the tiny radio with the massive antenna.
JimEdmiston is offline Find More Posts by JimEdmiston
Old Nov 19, 2015, 05:33 PM
Joined May 2008
1,208 Posts
Rick. I am glad you got a good one.
I think it is cool that the neighborhood kids get to fly it too. I am sure with each child that gets to take it for a flight, a seed is planted that just may grow into a future in model aviation.

Good on you!
Old Nov 19, 2015, 06:39 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
848 Posts
One little boy, Brandon, is showing some real interest. He flies the Inum without any supervision. With any luck, he'll stick with it. I've let him try some three channel planes, but he has the tendency to reverse the elevator. He'll learn, though.

Rick
Old Nov 20, 2015, 04:18 PM
Find More Posts by T.A.Z
Obsession, not hobby
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Sep 2013
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellj View Post
It looks more like an ember to me - shame it dosn't use DSM rx
Interesting how this is being released right after the demise of the ParkZone Ember 2...
T.A.Z is offline Find More Posts by T.A.Z
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hacker HotWing 750
Old Nov 20, 2015, 04:57 PM
Find More Posts by JustJohn
More luck than skill.
United States, MI, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2014
117 Posts
This thing looks a lot like an Erc Micro-stick, especially the transmitter/charger combination and the wing supports. It would be interesting to find out how closely they are related. Is that the same receiver brick the Playmate came with? If so, be prepared for lots of interference and twitching servos.
I had both the Micro-stick and Playmate and was underwhelmed by their reliability and performance.
JustJohn is offline Find More Posts by JustJohn
Old Nov 20, 2015, 05:11 PM
Find More Posts by JustJohn
More luck than skill.
United States, MI, Mt Pleasant
Joined Nov 2014
117 Posts
Took a look at the manual online. The pictures, other than the one at the top, are drawings of the Erc Micro-stick. They changed the wing and tail feather profiles. Not sure what to make of that. Doesn't make me want to buy one.
JustJohn is offline Find More Posts by JustJohn
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by T.A.Z
Obsession, not hobby
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Sep 2013
1,149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.Z View Post
Interesting how this is being released right after the demise of the ParkZone Ember 2...
FMS is coming out with one too:

http://www.fmsmodel.com/airplanedeta...irplane&ID=409

I'm guessing the original 7-year patent is over.
T.A.Z is offline Find More Posts by T.A.Z
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hacker HotWing 750
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by mr anderson
Danger Your in Cuban Airspace
United States, VA, Centreville
Joined Sep 2011
1,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEdmiston View Post
My first plane and probably my all-time favorite was the Micro Flyer from Watt-age. Great plane. I remember the tiny radio with the massive antenna.
I too had 2 of the micro flyers . Great old school flying as you had to Bump the controller for a turn. And throttle You had to bump also to reduce speed. Are they still out there ?? Would like to get one and put in a 2 ch brick. This was a very fun delta wing pusher prop model. would also be great for any school program as there cost was 35 bucks
mr anderson is offline Find More Posts by mr anderson