HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:02 AM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2014
67 Posts
Wow that looks good, will have to coincider that paint it obviuosly doesnt melt the foam
fishface5 is offline Find More Posts by fishface5
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2015, 01:52 PM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,660 Posts
not at all. i use the small glass jars of oil based model paints on all my foam planes with great results. very easy to work with. using low tack stripe tape you can get real creative. a million colors too.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Jan 16, 2015, 01:58 PM
United Kingdom, England, Warks
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
I have the 3S mainly because I have mainly 2200mah 3S batteries and don't want loads of types.
She's not bad on 3s but I too have dreams of getting the bigger Stinger it looks and sounds great.
Robstar is offline Find More Posts by Robstar
Old Jan 16, 2015, 02:39 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,660 Posts
agreed. i want a jet i can take off and land on wheels. i think the stinger 90mm with a custom paint job would be fantastic looking. cant wait.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 09:19 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,660 Posts
guess im back in love with her! much nicer! before and after. just like everyone, now unique. one of the coolest things about this hobby is making a particular model your own. love this stuff. Walt
Last edited by walter3rd; Jan 17, 2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 09:35 PM
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
agreed. i want a jet i can take off and land on wheels. i think the stinger 90mm with a custom paint job would be fantastic looking. cant wait.
Walter, i have a stinger64 with Don's wicked edf and motor, and landing gear( can be bought at MotionRC for 12.00bucks) my stinger with this setup can take off a grass runway in about 100 feet, you dont have to spend 400 dollars for a plane that can take off and land on wheels. i have many flights with this setup and even with the landing gear installed i have been clocked at 98 mph straight away. just another option for ya.....

cheers
Sovrin is offline Find More Posts by Sovrin
Old Jan 16, 2015, 09:51 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,660 Posts
much appreciated. that is a good option as well but i was kinda looking forward to having a bigger jet as well as the smaller stinger to toss around. i like the idea of having choices. the stinger 64 for one location i fly from with high grass and the big girl for the club.
Last edited by walter3rd; Jan 16, 2015 at 10:05 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 02:57 AM
Ελλάς, Αττική, Αθήνα
Joined Jun 2009
170 Posts
Any store selling Stinger ARF version? I have a 4700kv mercury edf sitting around
Preferably Europe or HK....
kakofonixx is offline Find More Posts by kakofonixx
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:38 AM
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by walter3rd View Post
much appreciated. that is a good option as well but i was kinda looking forward to having a bigger jet as well as the smaller stinger to toss around. i like the idea of having choices. the stinger 64 for one location i fly from with high grass and the big girl for the club.
I also have the stinger 90, friggen awesome jet, but i got good with my stinger64 first got probably 50 flights on it before i bought the 90. Just get both....lol they are winners in my book
Sovrin is offline Find More Posts by Sovrin
Old Jan 17, 2015, 02:53 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,660 Posts
i have close to a 100 flights on the stinger 64. love it! stinger 90mm here i come.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 03:29 PM
United States, NE, Lincoln
Joined Oct 2014
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanvr6 View Post
Hey guys...seems no one has been around here lately but I found something great to squash all of the "hand launch" issues with our buddy the Stinger 64. Eagle Tree makes the awesome Guardian that takes all the stress out of needing a buddy launch or bungee launch etc. This thing is awesome and can be turned off as soon as you are up and away. Searched for it in the forum with the Stinger and found nothing. Im sure this is old news for some but hopefully helpful to others. $65 on Amazon beats plowing a 135$ jet into the ground on maiden...weve all done it. Heres a small youtube clip of it in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j40_oh8CFcQ
I would like to see a pic of where you have it installed in the plane. I have the stinger 4s version and it leaves little room for another piece of equiptment. I totally agree with what you did I just hand launched a f9f for the first time and not knowing how it would react it went straight up and over my head for a crash. I launched it like I do my 64 but clearly it behaves differently. I have a few a3L gyros and it sure would help but with these smaller battery areas I dont know where to install it
fishface5 is offline Find More Posts by fishface5
Old Jan 17, 2015, 04:48 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,660 Posts
agreed the space is really tight in these 64 stingers. had to get creative just to run my afterburner setup. but worth it.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 09:25 PM
FireHawx
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Oct 2011
1,390 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakofonixx View Post
Any store selling Stinger ARF version? I have a 4700kv mercury edf sitting around
Preferably Europe or HK....
Value hobby for $89 and cheap delivery.
FireHawx is offline Find More Posts by FireHawx
Old Jan 20, 2015, 02:39 AM
United Kingdom, England, Warks
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
I have been running mine completely stock since I bought it, the speed is okay on 3S since my site is quite small and I want to see the plane fly not just a blur!
The thing I don't like is the sound so I thought I'd have a go at balancing the fan see if it was out or not. It took a while but I balanced it with speed tape (aviation metal tape, very sticky) inside the hub, it only took a little square, Wow what a difference it's a lot quieter and the top speed whistle is much nicer. I wouldn't have thought it would make so much difference on such a little fan.
Robstar is offline Find More Posts by Robstar
Old Jan 20, 2015, 03:58 PM
I just want to go fly!
Joined Aug 2012
2,660 Posts
got a nice mixed bag of flying today. 15 flights in all. 9 on the stinger with afterburner! great looking on this cloudy day. first flights with the new paint job. plenty easy to see even today with clouds. not a issue. sometimes seems slow on 3s until she passes by at head height 6 feet away! sweet!