HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 24, 2008, 07:57 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
21 Posts
New Product
NEW Mirage 4000 with retracts + 70mm fan

Hi guys! Has anyone seen this Mirage 4000?? It is from FMSMODEL, same company make F-16, F-104 or Rafale. It cost around $280 without 6ch radio transmitter and receiver. I have seen it in Bananahobby, wonder if anyone seen this mirage 4000 in other websites? I am not sure how long it has been out in the market. But my guess is less than 3 weeks? I wouldnt know just a wild guess. Anyone know about this? I wonder if it is worth it. Anyone interested? I have attached some pics.

The specs:

Wing span:780mm
Length:1220mm
Flying Weight:1000g
Servo:9g7
Radio Control set:4CH Transmitter、6CH Receiver
Battery:14.8v/2100MAh/20C Li-poly battery
ESC:45 A brushless
KIT/ARF/RTF:RTF (Retracts landing gear)
Nostradamus is offline Find More Posts by Nostradamus
Last edited by Nostradamus; Aug 25, 2008 at 01:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2008, 06:53 PM
Registered User
JoeyC's Avatar
Valencia, CA
Joined Oct 2001
62 Posts
Looks great, and it's the same 70mm fan as in their F16 so it should do 80+ mph stock.

Maybe Hobby Lobby will pick this up?
JoeyC is offline Find More Posts by JoeyC
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 07:33 AM
R&D Engineer
China shenzhen
Joined Sep 2007
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Hi guys! Has anyone seen this Mirage 4000?? It is from FMSMODEL, same company make F-16, F-104 or Rafale. It cost around $280 without 6ch radio transmitter and receiver. I have seen it in Bananahobby, wonder if anyone seen this mirage 4000 in other websites? I am not sure how long it has been out in the market. But my guess is less than 3 weeks? I wouldnt know just a wild guess. Anyone know about this? I wonder if it is worth it. Anyone interested? I have attached some pics.

The specs:

Wing span:780mm
Length:1220mm
Flying Weight:1000g
Servo:9g7
Radio Control set:4CH Transmitter、6CH Receiver
Battery:14.8v/2100MAh/20C Li-poly battery
ESC:45 A brushless
KIT/ARF/RTF:RTF (Retracts landing gear)
Andy chen is offline Find More Posts by Andy chen
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 07:47 AM
Registered User
EDFjet's Avatar
Albury, Australia
Joined Feb 2008
989 Posts
Something wrong Andy?
EDFjet is offline Find More Posts by EDFjet
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 08:37 AM
banana hobby's Avatar
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
I will be receiving samples of this along with a few other EDFs to test shortly. I will let you guys know how she performs and have a video as well.

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 09:22 AM
Member 120mph Club
ATIS's Avatar
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,444 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFjet
Something wrong Andy?
I'm guessing he got cloned and beat to market....
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 12:48 PM
Registered User
bouncebk2003's Avatar
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
I will be receiving samples of this along with a few other EDFs to test shortly. I will let you guys know how she performs and have a video as well.

Pete
Hurry up Pete.The season is already getting short here in Minnesota!
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 06:15 AM
When I fly, Birds attack
Giedi_Prime's Avatar
Aveiro, Portugal
Joined Jan 2008
135 Posts
I'm also curious about this kit? Any new information?
Giedi_Prime is offline Find More Posts by Giedi_Prime
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:31 AM
Registered User
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
I have one, looks very nice, most likely start building ina week or 2
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:59 AM
When I fly, Birds attack
Giedi_Prime's Avatar
Aveiro, Portugal
Joined Jan 2008
135 Posts
Oh thats great

Tell us all about it later ok?

I'm divided between this mirage and the Sapac F-22.

Did you bought it at hobbyking.com?
Giedi_Prime is offline Find More Posts by Giedi_Prime
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 07:59 PM
Registered User
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giedi_Prime View Post
Oh thats great

Tell us all about it later ok?

I'm divided between this mirage and the Sapac F-22.

Did you bought it at hobbyking.com?

nope, i got an airframe only from another vendor.
kinda wish i would have gotten the plug and play from hk cause the retract

setup looks fun.. not.

The overal design of the kit and fitment seems really good though. not sure on the sapac 22. im just now venturing into the 70mm edfs.

i couldnt find much on it either despite the mirage being out over a year and a half. the few videos i have found on youtube look good though.
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2010, 08:30 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2009
697 Posts
Andy,
Why Mirage 4000?


The mirage 2000-C is a much much
better Jet



.
foamcrazee is offline Find More Posts by foamcrazee
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:13 AM
When I fly, Birds attack
Giedi_Prime's Avatar
Aveiro, Portugal
Joined Jan 2008
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamcrazee View Post
Andy,
Why Mirage 4000?


The mirage 2000-C is a much much
better Jet



.
Foamcrazee are you talking about real life or RC jets?
I only know the mirage 2000 from Riccs, hobby King and starmax and they are 64mm 3 cell jets

On the real life hell yeah I love the mirage 2000
Giedi_Prime is offline Find More Posts by Giedi_Prime
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 11:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Nov 2009
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giedi_Prime View Post
Foamcrazee are you talking about real life or RC jets?
I only know the mirage 2000 from Riccs, hobby King and starmax and they are 64mm 3 cell jets

On the real life hell yeah I love the mirage 2000

Both real life and RC Jets: The Mirage 2000-C
is a much much better jet vs. The Mirage 4000.

Yes, I do have the Riccs Mirage 2000 with
64mm fan, Medusa motor, 4S 2100 and
it has been my favorite jet for about 3-4 years.
too long to remember the date exactly.


:-)


.
foamcrazee is offline Find More Posts by foamcrazee
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:29 PM
When I fly, Birds attack
Giedi_Prime's Avatar
Aveiro, Portugal
Joined Jan 2008
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by foamcrazee View Post
Both real life and RC Jets: The Mirage 2000-C
is a much much better jet vs. The Mirage 4000.

Yes, I do have the Riccs Mirage 2000 with
64mm fan, Medusa motor, 4S 2100 and
it has been my favorite jet for about 3-4 years.
too long to remember the date exactly.


:-)


.
Wich fan? Is it the stock fan? Does it handle 4s? Tell me more about your setup
Giedi_Prime is offline Find More Posts by Giedi_Prime
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold 1/5 Scale Dave Platt Spitfire Kit New In Box With Retracts And Spinner Brian Mitchell Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Jul 04, 2008 09:23 AM
Ducted fan jets with retracts speleopower Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 16 Jul 02, 2008 03:33 PM
Sold E-Flite AT-6 Texan 25e New in box with retracts & cockpit kit PatternFlyer Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 May 09, 2008 02:27 PM
Discussion New Qantas 737 with full scale slow moving retracts, - kit by EDFMODEL.com Zimm Electric Ducted Fan Jet Talk 23 Jan 26, 2007 09:35 PM
New Kyosho T-33 with motor and fan, $125 shipped in lower 48 DrDHalko Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 3 May 16, 2003 07:54 AM