HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:45 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister View Post
Hahah, so Tims a great guy and im the devil?

I can live with that.

Everything I know is from spending way too much time reading this forum, then trying/burning/crashing/flying stuff.

You think there are not many people flying high performance in Florida?, try come to NZ! You could count the number on two hands, cool thing is, two year ago you could count them on one hand with many fingers to spare

EDIT -
+1 on swapping the D47 for the D60, sounds like an unneccesary risk with very little too gain (unless you plan on using the X as a DLG.. )
Sorry,i just took it for granted that it was Going On over there,cause 99% of the videos that got me hooked on this stuff,people talk funny ...Oh,and Tim is the other 1% (and so nobody gets mad,or does not get my attempt a humor,i am 100% German,and even speak some....even though it is just enough to get me in a bar fight,or smacked by a woman).........Nice Edit : )
VooDoo Child is offline Find More Posts by VooDoo Child
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:01 AM
Joined Aug 2009
1,263 Posts
I think that the biggest challenge I face in putting the mini Pyro outrunner on the front is how to install it so that I can R&R the motor and esc.
Right now I'm leaning towards a firewall and a long screwdriver in through the fuse to attach the outrunner. Not ideal and IMO it would be better to have the attachment points outside.
Then a small hatch for connecting the esc to the motor leads. I don't see any way to solder the esc motor leads and install the motor.
Next thing is a prop. Numbers look like a 7x10 APC will do it. I want a folder (although I may do initial flights on a straight prop) so I'm going to either have to make one or wait for some folks who are making them now to sell some.

Terry
Chuchuf is offline Find More Posts by Chuchuf
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:05 AM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
Will a Dymond d-60 fit in tail of X ?
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jun 16, 2012, 05:26 AM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Norway, Telemark, Skien
Joined Feb 2010
4,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe View Post
Will a Dymond d-60 fit in tail of X ?
Yes!
I use it in the tail.
Arcteryxxx is offline Find More Posts by Arcteryxxx
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:02 AM
Speed Demon
Antioch,CA,USA
Joined Dec 1999
12,297 Posts
The wing servos, will the Dymond D-60 fit there as well?
GregG is online now Find More Posts by GregG
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:27 AM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
The wing servos, will the Dymond D-60 fit there as well?
Yes.

Lenny
Lenny970 is online now Find More Posts by Lenny970
Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:33 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
I should have my Sexy Kira on Moday ...OK,got to go shop for spinner and prop....I am worse then a woman.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
Well I had a minor mishap with the X today that has turned into a major problem....I had a minor tip stall landing..it nosed it lightly. Every thing is fine except for the battery shifted into the front of fuse and it is not coming out!!
I tried a few different ways to get it out Including needle nose vise grip pliers this thing is in there and is not coming out without a fight.
We all know what happens when a lipo is punctured
Forgot to add...help!!!!
Kaw1000 is online now Find More Posts by Kaw1000
Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:42 PM
Crashing into the sky!
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaw1000 View Post
Well I had a minor mishap with the X today that has turned into a major problem....I had a minor tip stall landing..it nosed it lightly. Every thing is fine except for the battery shifted into the front of fuse and it is not coming out!!
I tried a few different ways to get it out Including needle nose vise grip pliers this thing is in there and is not coming out without a fight.
We all know what happens when a lipo is punctured
Forgot to add...help!!!!
Yikes hahaha

Umm.. got a compressor? Blow some air in the front maybe...
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:47 PM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,803 Posts
Have you tried sticking a piece of strapping tape on the exposed part of the pack and pulling back on that?

Lenny
Lenny970 is online now Find More Posts by Lenny970
Old Jun 16, 2012, 03:55 PM
"The Judge"
Sweden
Joined Feb 2006
5,762 Posts
like Lenny said,,,,,,

put some uhupor glue on battery let it dry 1 minute , and add some strong tape, let it set for 10 minutes, pull back....
sebbe is offline Find More Posts by sebbe
Old Jun 16, 2012, 06:46 PM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
I'll try and keep you update!
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined Aug 2010
2,795 Posts
Whats my best bet for scoring a nice motor mount for my X ? beside me making one with crazy oval holes.....does anybody make one that adds 1Kw power
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:35 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child View Post
Whats my best bet for scoring a nice motor mount for my X ? beside me making one with crazy oval holes.....does anybody make one that adds 1Kw power
I think I just may have something for you. Check your PMs.
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Old Jun 16, 2012, 09:54 PM
They call me Crash!
Ohio
Joined Jun 2006
1,692 Posts
No go so far, on the strapping tape...I took CA and put strapping tape on top of that, let it dry
and pulled very hard. It did not move at all. I then tried again and made tape longer...wrapped the long tail around screwdriver( like a T-Handle) and pulled as hard as I could with fuse between my legs....it did not budge.
Both tries the tap eventually came off of battery. The plastic wrap ripped off the first try.
this could only happen to me....errrr