HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 01, 2011, 11:34 PM
South Africa, GP, Alberton
Joined Sep 2009
172 Posts
Discussion
Hot wire cutting

Hi
Anyone out there into cutting there own wings. Please show us your cutting proceses so that we can get some tips to improve on our cutting techniques.
Any pictures on gravity cutting?
I need some help when cutting tapered wings.The point of the wings tend to melt away because the wire is moving to slow or its to hot.The point is also quiet thin in this process.I find that I have to cut abit off the tip to get a good looking wing.
I think the only way to solve this problem is by making a profile for the tip and get someone to help me.
Otherwise I must use a gravity cutter.I have tried to make one but the cutting was a bit of a mess up.
Anybody out there who could help with advice?
Jab69 is offline Find More Posts by Jab69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2011, 11:52 PM
RC Adddict
150 mile house B.C. Canada
Joined Jan 2010
4,074 Posts
Have you checked out Youtube ??

How To Cut Foam Wings - Intro - From FoamWingCutting.com (8 min 34 sec)
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Jun 02, 2011, 03:02 AM
United Kingdom, England, Portsmouth
Joined Jan 2009
686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jab69 View Post
Hi
Anyone out there into cutting there own wings. Please show us your cutting proceses so that we can get some tips to improve on our cutting techniques.
Any pictures on gravity cutting?
I need some help when cutting tapered wings.The point of the wings tend to melt away because the wire is moving to slow or its to hot.The point is also quiet thin in this process.I find that I have to cut abit off the tip to get a good looking wing.
I think the only way to solve this problem is by making a profile for the tip and get someone to help me.
Otherwise I must use a gravity cutter.I have tried to make one but the cutting was a bit of a mess up.
Anybody out there who could help with advice?
now this is what we need more good info like this please keep it coming people, i to wish to explore the realms of the hot wire.........

many thanks RCT
rcta15 is offline Find More Posts by rcta15
Old Jun 11, 2011, 09:42 AM
South Africa, GP, Alberton
Joined Sep 2009
172 Posts
Small manuel hot wire cutter

Hi
I bought this small plastic hacksaw for R10.Decided to modify it to a cutter to cut 45 degree for ailerons small cuts.Works perfect
Jab69 is offline Find More Posts by Jab69