Nov 02, 2010, 01:53 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

spektrum dx6i beep

hi guys,

i've been lurking around here for the past couple of weeks, slowly trying to get back into flying after nearly 17yrs hiatus. back then i was flying 2ch gliders, now i'm looking into going electric.

so, to get friendly with all the new technology, i recently acquired a spektrum dx6i. managed to convert it from mode 1 to mode 2 with some help from numerous threads here at RCG. now i'm starting to dig into the menus and configuration and the menu beep is *really* annoying me.

does anyone know how to turn off the menu beep on the dx6i?

thx all, regards,
sb
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2010, 05:31 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Yes and here are the steps.
Step #1 cover you're hears. Oh wait then you wont be able to use the radio.
Tape the speaker holes or open the case and put a piece of tape over the speaker.

There is no menu option to disable.
Nov 03, 2010, 10:25 AM
Hello Tiamak.
I think it is the timer signal.
John
Nov 03, 2010, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkielsen
Hello Tiamak. I think it is the timer signal.
John
And how is this helping out the O.P ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiamak
now i'm starting to dig into the menus and configuration and the menu beep is *really* annoying me. does anyone know how to turn off the menu beep on the dx6i? thx all, regards, sb
Either blocked the speaker holes on the case or open up the case and tape the buzzer/beeper...
Nov 03, 2010, 12:16 PM
Thread OP
hi john,

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkielsen
Hello Tiamak.
I think it is the timer signal.
John
nope, it's definitely a beep when i press the roller button to access any menus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Either blocked the speaker holes on the case or open up the case and tape the buzzer/beeper...
thx for your answer. that was my original thought as well – open up the case and disable or mute the speaker. pity they didn't put an option to disable the beep in the software... :/

regards,
sb
Nov 03, 2010, 12:37 PM
Quote:
pity they didn't put an option to disable the beep in the software... :/ regards, sb
And they did not in there new DX8 as well.
Nov 03, 2010, 01:48 PM
Suspended Account
Hi
I am just curious, what do you find offensive about the beep? I have 2 DX6i's and that is the last thing that I would think of.
VP
Nov 03, 2010, 02:49 PM
I'm far more aggravated with how easy it is to accidentally bump the menu wheel and navigate away from the main screen.
Nov 03, 2010, 03:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_hillis
I'm far more aggravated with how easy it is to accidentally bump the menu wheel and navigate away from the main screen.
Yes, that bothers me also, my hand is always resting on it.
VP
Nov 04, 2010, 08:13 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete
Hi
I am just curious, what do you find offensive about the beep? I have 2 DX6i's and that is the last thing that I would think of.
VP
hi pete,

i'm an IT geek and i just don't like things beeping at me when operated. i turn the button tones off on my mobile phone, etc. i suppose it's probably just annoying me right now when setting things up, as i'm using the roller a lot. once everythings configured, i probably won't have to go into the menus so much and then i won't have the beeping problem.

regards,
sb
Nov 04, 2010, 08:36 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
hi pete,

i'm an IT geek and i just don't like things beeping at me when operated. i turn the button tones off on my mobile phone, etc. i suppose it's probably just annoying me right now when setting things up, as i'm using the roller a lot. once everythings configured, i probably won't have to go into the menus so much and then i won't have the beeping problem.

regards,
sb
Hi SB
What is an IT geek?
Nov 04, 2010, 10:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete
What is an IT geek?
information technology. basically a computer guy. (not too bad a job, i get paid to play with computers all day… )
Nov 04, 2010, 12:04 PM
once you're done setting up the radio, you will appreciate the timing beeps. Maybe you'd be better off adding a switch.
Nov 04, 2010, 06:15 PM
Gravity-Compliant User
What beeps? It must be irritating to have such good hearing (I have a built-in notch filter at the beep frequency - spent too much of my youth messing with glow engines and fireworks as a kid)!
Nov 05, 2010, 09:50 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ_hillis
once you're done setting up the radio, you will appreciate the timing beeps. Maybe you'd be better off adding a switch.
re the timing beeps: that's why i haven't just yanked the speaker. thanks for the idea of installing a switch, that's a cool idea. looks like i'll be digging inside my Tx to see if it's doable later this evening.

regards,
sb

Quick Reply