SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2015, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by Killer55
Milton Keynes, England.
Joined Nov 2007
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I'd leave about 1/16"th of an inch of thread showing. Try to install the two parts with equal amount of thread in each link. Now you'll need to track the upper blades. Spin her up and observe the upper blade tips. You should only see "one" blade tip. If the tips seem blurred as they spin, pop the bottom link off and turn it either in or out about two turns. Re-check. If the tracking seems worst just turn the link in the opposite direction until you get to the point where you only see one blade tip as she is spinning. They have "tracking tape" to put on the blade tips to make it easier to see the blade tips. A piece of colored electrical tape placed on the leading edge at the tips of the blade should work fine if you find your're having trouble seeing the blade tips as the spin. I do it by eye with the heli shown against a light colored wall in the house.

Mike.
Thanks for the "tips" Mile... a great help....
Killer55 is offline Find More Posts by Killer55
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2015, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,625 Posts
I have a problem with mine. What I get on the aileron servo varies every time I power up. One time it's at 90 Degrees while others it's all the way up or all the way down. It operates fine, if it would only make up its mind what position it should start at. When it starts out at either extreme, I take off the arm and put it at the 90 Degree position.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jul 13, 2015, 11:47 PM
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
13,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I have a problem with mine. What I get on the aileron servo varies every time I power up. One time it's at 90 Degrees while others it's all the way up or all the way down. It operates fine, if it would only make up its mind what position it should start at. When it starts out at either extreme, I take off the arm and put it at the 90 Degree position.
Sounds likes your servos are pooping the bed Jack. May as well order two

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Jul 14, 2015, 05:43 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,625 Posts
Caught you napping there, Mike! I thought you'd jump right on this when I posted it. Kind of weird that it operates OK, but doesn't know where to start from. A servo is a servo, right? I think I'll pull one off the remains of my old 72Mhz Lama and see what happens.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 11:21 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
13,426 Posts
Quote:
Caught you napping there, Mike! I thought you'd jump right on this when I posted it. Kind of weird that it operates OK, but doesn't know where to start from. A servo is a servo, right? I think I'll pull one off the remains of my old 72Mhz Lama and see what happens.
All servos are not created equal

But, yeah, the servo (9g) out of the old Lama 72mhz will work with 2.4g systems. I still have my old servos (stock) in my V4 that's been "Spektrumized"

OK, back to my nap

Mike.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 05:56 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,625 Posts
Replaced the bad servo with one from the old 72Mhz machine and it seems OK. Now, I'm back to my old nagging problem, porpoising.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:25 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
13,426 Posts
Quote:
Replaced the bad servo with one from the old 72Mhz machine and it seems OK. Now, I'm back to my old nagging problem, porpoising.
WHAT??? Polish up the balls on the flybar balls with a small piece of paper bag. Sounds like the flybar could be the culprit. Go over it good and put some Break Free CLP on all the moving parts on the flybar. Wipe clean with a gun patch

It just solved a bit of TBE using the instruction above. Good luck Jack.

Mike.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 01:36 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,625 Posts
There you are getting into nationalities again!! Yes, I'm Polish, but you don't have to keep nagging on it!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 16, 2015, 03:41 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
13,426 Posts
Quote:
There you are getting into nationalities again!! Yes, I'm Polish, but you don't have to keep nagging on it!!!!!!!!!!
But I love it when the Polish, polish their balls
Old Jul 16, 2015, 08:15 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,625 Posts
We do that on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, not Thursday. If it's a Polish holiday, then it is allowed on that day and one other of your choice.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 08:28 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
13,426 Posts
Quote:
we do that on monday, wednesday and friday, not thursday. If it's a polish holiday, then it is allowed on that day and one other of your choice.
roflmao..