Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:41 AM
Find More Posts by Brutus1967
I convince things to work
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
4,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopznz View Post
its very similar to what happened with Helicopters, I can remember the first 450 I brought was a crazy price and all plastic to boot, then came along manufacturers like EHirobo who started selling the likes of the CopterX range which were alloy, carbon fibre and very cheap , this is called competiotion folks and is very healthy, I now have 8 helicopters from a 90 down and a quite large collection of planes which some were cheap some bloody expensive
No it's not... it either kills high quality manufacturers (who did all the development work on those 450's), or it forces them to lower their quality and thus their cost.

Very simplified instead of with one high-end and one low budget brand, it leaves you with two mediocre brands, one slightly more expensive than the other, and only marginally better.

Alternatively, it forces the high-end brand to go into the exclusive market, and that brand becomes unavaillable to the common consumer...

Look what happened to Vario of Germany. they stopped virtually all development in the common .60 class, and shifted all new developments to the exclusive and horribly expensive big scale turbine powered birds.

Their SkyFox and Xtreme series are just as good as they were 20 years ago, literally since nothing has changed since then because they stopped developing and the competition has passed them, not as if they were standing still... They ARE standing still.

I am very happy for you that you have 8 heli's. I have 10, but only because I never sell and rarely crash. But I would almost give up the whole lot if that would mean, reputable brands of old like Vario would continue developing helicopters in the less exclusive ranges.

Competition is healthy, as long as it is fair play. Placing a product in the market at 25 or 30% of the price because you avoided development cost by copying designs, is NOT... That is killing competition, and once you have achieved that, there is no competition anymore, therefore no driving force for innovation and development.
From that moment on, the consumer is left at the mercy of that one surviving manufacturer.

I agree that competition is healthy, but what you describe, there's nothing healthy about that...

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2015, 06:24 AM
Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Sverige, Kronobergs Län, Ljungby
Joined Jan 2001
4,964 Posts
Quote:
Sorry Henke, you are full of crap, I also dont like being called a liar, I stand by my statement that mine started first time and has NO issues whatsoever
So show us video of you flying.
henke is offline Find More Posts by henke
Old Feb 18, 2015, 06:58 AM
Find More Posts by Coopznz
Joined Dec 2013
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
So show us video of you flying.
You want to see me flying my Jetjoe? not a chance of that as I have just brought the thing, plus flying a turbine here in the southwest is not a good idea or allowed at present because of the fire risk, lets say we shall agree to disagree
Coopznz is offline Find More Posts by Coopznz
Old Feb 19, 2015, 06:28 AM
Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,964 Posts
Quote:
You want to see me flying my Jetjoe? not a chance of that as I have just brought the thing, plus flying a turbine here in the southwest is not a good idea or allowed at present because of the fire risk, lets say we shall agree to disagree

So.... who then are full of crap?
Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:43 PM
Joined Dec 2013
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henke View Post
So.... who then are full of crap?
Read my previous comment to you, seems like you are a bit of a troll............
Old Feb 20, 2015, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,964 Posts
Quote:
Read my previous comment to you, seems like you are a bit of a troll............
?? I just said that random guys pop up saying jetjoes work but we never get any proof(video).

You are one of those too. Sen, vem som är troll får övriga avgöra :-)
Old Feb 20, 2015, 03:38 PM
Find More Posts by henke
310mph Kolibri T25 Swist
Joined Jan 2001
4,964 Posts
Oh, by the way, I am the real deal :-) I develop and fly new designs helping others to live their dream. Going further then ever before are the spirit!

Ready2fly Yak-130 Launch (0 min 46 sec)
Old Feb 21, 2015, 06:18 AM
Joined Dec 2013
54 Posts
Yeah you are a troll mate, if someone is using a Jet Joe you come in and stir things up, when you look through here over the last few years very few people are actually complaining about Jet Joe Turbines I would suggest manufactured by say Jet Joe are being manufactured and sold in the 1000s otherwise they are not worth producing by a Chinese company, if they were as bad as you would like to make out the internet would be littered with 10000000 of complaints which there is actually very few, my suggestion in the spirit of modeling is if you have nothing positive to say just stay out o the thread, nobody forces you to comment or troll in here
Old Feb 21, 2015, 06:22 AM
Joined Dec 2013
54 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
No it's not... it either kills high quality manufacturers (who did all the development work on those 450's), or it forces them to lower their quality and thus their cost.

Very simplified instead of with one high-end and one low budget brand, it leaves you with two mediocre brands, one slightly more expensive than the other, and only marginally better.

Alternatively, it forces the high-end brand to go into the exclusive market, and that brand becomes unavaillable to the common consumer...

Look what happened to Vario of Germany. they stopped virtually all development in the common .60 class, and shifted all new developments to the exclusive and horribly expensive big scale turbine powered birds.

Their SkyFox and Xtreme series are just as good as they were 20 years ago, literally since nothing has changed since then because they stopped developing and the competition has passed them, not as if they were standing still... They ARE standing still.

I am very happy for you that you have 8 heli's. I have 10, but only because I never sell and rarely crash. But I would almost give up the whole lot if that would mean, reputable brands of old like Vario would continue developing helicopters in the less exclusive ranges.

Competition is healthy, as long as it is fair play. Placing a product in the market at 25 or 30% of the price because you avoided development cost by copying designs, is NOT... That is killing competition, and once you have achieved that, there is no competition anymore, therefore no driving force for innovation and development.
From that moment on, the consumer is left at the mercy of that one surviving manufacturer.

I agree that competition is healthy, but what you describe, there's nothing healthy about that...

Brgds, Bert
Bert sorry I dissagree with you

here is an example of a Copter X Helicopter, the price is VERY CHEAP and the quality is outstanding so I am unsure where you get the "poor quality issue" from
Old Feb 22, 2015, 05:50 PM
Find More Posts by prodgers42
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
just bought a jj 1400 first engine ever if anyone has any info to help me out with.. it would be great thanks
prodgers42 is offline Find More Posts by prodgers42