SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 09, 2015, 02:02 PM
Find More Posts by oxygen
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
332 Posts
Moto (or anyone else)
Is the change from "normal" esc's to the ones that are synchronized to PWM such a difference when using multiWii? I've found the theory (from felix) http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2729 and think I understand it but I can't cross the mental barrier (stepping from normal $6 esc's (with SimonK) to € 18 esc's...
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2015, 02:41 PM
Find More Posts by Moto Moto
Herd WarpSquad
United States, AL, Guntersville
Joined Dec 2012
1,546 Posts
MultiWii works as well as any other option with synced ESCs. In addition to synchronization, the 250uS max pulse width gets the speed setting to the ESC faster too. The difference with synced PWM and active braking that the KISSes provide is very significant on MultiWii.

There are alternatives to the KISSes, like BLHeli which supports oneshot and active braking on cheaper ESCs. But that may require flashing the ESCs and tweaking settings, whereas the KISSes work out of the box.

But whether that's worth the impact to your pocketbook is a decision only you can make.
Moto Moto is offline Find More Posts by Moto Moto
Old Mar 09, 2015, 04:17 PM
Find More Posts by oxygen
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
332 Posts
Thanks Moto I'll take a look into blheli (it will fit on my $6 esc's)
oxygen is online now Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:58 PM
Find More Posts by Moph
Joined Apr 2007
7 Posts
I've (finally!) built my Nanoquad and am having an issue with one of the Flyduino 7A ESCs. Posted over in the Beginner section but thought I'd drop a note here too, as I know a lot of knowledgeable folk don't browse that section of the forum regularly.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2436316

Any help greatly appreciated
Moph is offline Find More Posts by Moph
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:32 AM
Find More Posts by Moph
Joined Apr 2007
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
Joe my lights work. They are continuously on and flash whenever I change the Aux. I have just never run it to the low voltage warning. They are the same buzzer function in config.h though so I know the buzzer is working. However I use a Spektrum satellite so my setup will be different to yours, most notably the jumper on the naoquad.

Have you defined the code from the Nanoquad page in Config.h? Have you closed the jumper on the Nanoquad board to TXO?
Your lipo monitoring values were different in your original posts, did you change it?

Aux1 should come in on D8 and the buzzer should output on TXO. This is for a normal receiver which it sounds like you're using. Do not #define D8 buzzer. This is only for PPM or Satellite RXs.
I resolved my ESC issue and the quad flies brilliantly, but I'm having trouble implementing the voltage warning function of the rear LEDs using a standard receiver The manual is less than helpful in this regard, but piecing together Soma's post above and other information gleaned off German multicopter forums, I tried a jumper between the centre pad and 'LED Pin TX' tonight. All that achieved though was that I had no rear LEDs at all, even when toggling Aux1 / Aux2

So in short I have:

- pins A3 and GND connected to the NanoQuad
- solder bridge between LED Pin TX and the centre pad on the NanoQuad
- standard 6 channel receiver with signal wires to the pads on the NanoQuad
- Aux1 on default pin 8 (//#D8BEEPER)
- Aux2 on alternate pin 17 (#RCAUX2PIND17)
- the following code re buzzer / vbatt warning:
#define BUZZER
#define RCOPTIONSBEEP
#define VBAT_PRESCALER 16 // set this to 8 if vbatscale would exceed 255
#define VBAT
#define VBATSCALE 218 // based on calibration using MWConf
#define VBATNOMINAL 84
#define VBATLEVEL_WARN1 68
#define VBATLEVEL_WARN2 65
#define VBATLEVEL_CRIT 62
#define NO_VBAT 16
#define VBAT_OFFSET 0

I'm running MultiWii v2.4 with a custom sketch based on the default MultiWii sketch, with the matching version of MultiWiiConfig. I've also tried erasing eeprom and uploading Flyduino MWC21NanoV_0991 but similarly had no rear LEDs with that sketch

Any help greatly appreciated
Moph is offline Find More Posts by Moph
Last edited by Moph; Jun 17, 2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 01:13 AM
Find More Posts by JasonD
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2002
451 Posts
Can this quad fly with motor reversing for 3d?
JasonD is offline Find More Posts by JasonD