Old Aug 22, 2015, 09:07 PM
Find More Posts by kid at 55
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewZee View Post
I have the Techone 1000mm SU-31 and love it!! my buddy liked it too and bought the 900mm YAK. (Guess he wanted something a little different) He bought the whole kit with electronics and likes the plane a lot, but has a servo "buzzing"????

I don't think you can go wrong with any Tech One plane!!??
I was out this morning with my SU-31. Had a ball with it. I was thinking about something smaller that I could just throw in the car and go. I have some 32" profile EPP . But it just takes a little bit of wind to knock them around.
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2015, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by NewZee
Foam is my friend!!!
United States, NY, Depew
Joined Mar 2014
915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kid at 55 View Post
I was out this morning with my SU-31. Had a ball with it. I was thinking about something smaller that I could just throw in the car and go. I have some 32" profile EPP . But it just takes a little bit of wind to knock them around.
The Yak is a nice plane , but really not much smaller than the Sukhoi!? in fact I think the fuselage is a little longer, while the WS is 4" shorter. I hear ya about the smaller 32" planes getting knocked around! One other thing I noticed my Sukhoi tail waggles at high speeds, while the Yak didn't seem to do this?
NewZee is offline Find More Posts by NewZee
Old Aug 23, 2015, 05:16 AM
Find More Posts by kid at 55
Where did that tree come from
United States, SC, Lancaster
Joined Nov 2010
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewZee View Post
The Yak is a nice plane , but really not much smaller than the Sukhoi!? in fact I think the fuselage is a little longer, while the WS is 4" shorter. I hear ya about the smaller 32" planes getting knocked around! One other thing I noticed my Sukhoi tail waggles at high speeds, while the Yak didn't seem to do this?
Yeah, it's just 4" shorter. I think I just stick with my 32" and my SU-31 for now. I might add the 1100mm Yak to the fleet one day for my Grandson to fly and learn with.

It might be the straight hinge line on the Yak rudder help to keep it from tail waggles. The new SU-31 II show a straight hinge line on the rudder in the photos.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/02a-903-su31-ii-arf.html
kid at 55 is online now Find More Posts by kid at 55
Last edited by kid at 55; Aug 23, 2015 at 05:30 AM.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 08:16 AM
Find More Posts by hifinsword
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,874 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone ever flown a 900 mm Yak or Extra 330 and what did you think of them ?
I have the Extra 330 and set it up as my trainer when I started. It's my go-to bird when everything else is down. With the extra weight from HD landing gear and other repairs, it's too heavy for 3D but does aerobatics just fine. Like all these TechOne EPPs, it's tough.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword
Old Aug 23, 2015, 08:19 AM
Find More Posts by hifinsword
Blue Skies
United States, VA, Williamsburg
Joined May 2012
1,874 Posts
Quote:
Put a Lemon 6Ch Stab in it and you can fly in 15mph winds easily. In fact I prefer windy days cause it slows down the approaches to almost a hover.
Don
hifinsword is offline Find More Posts by hifinsword