Old Apr 22, 2015, 05:49 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Charlottesville, VA
Joined Jun 2005
1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apriliamgt View Post
So people are using the 10mm cg position with a 1300 lipo?? Correct ..
Im running a 3 cell 1300 all the way forward, puts the cg just aft of the step. Requires very little down ele to stay level inverted so It feels about right to me.
Mr.frankenjet is offline Find More Posts by Mr.frankenjet
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 22, 2015, 05:50 PM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Charlottesville, VA
Joined Jun 2005
1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
Just thought I'd post these pictures for anybody who is thinking of changing out the motor, or who is looking for sources of noise and vibration. I've known ever since it was new that the firewall wasn't glued in solidly, and this winter it took a beating which loosened it even more. Bouncing over icy and frozen skidoo tracks provided the shock treatment.
thanks for posting, sooner or later I'm sure I'll have to go in there
Old Apr 23, 2015, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalshadow View Post
If you want to glue a hinge, I'd strongly recommend getting yourself some Foam Tac by Beacon Adhesives.
FoamTac is great. I have used it and keep some on hand for joining and hinging Depron and use Welder Glue for EPP & EPO. Welder glue melts Depron.

I'd use FoamTac more if it weren't for the price as it is a little thinner than Welder Glue and easier to use.

Beacon 3 in 1 is a less expensive alternative to FoamTac that works well on all 3 foams mentioned, but it's a bit thicker than Welder Glue.
Mazzepa1 is offline Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
Old Apr 25, 2015, 09:24 PM
Find More Posts by ms3164
United States, NY, Canisteo
Joined Feb 2013
1,679 Posts
Took the Skipper out for it's maiden flight yesterday, and really like how it flies. The video's not to exciting, but the flight sure was. The wind was up a bit and I've read on here to beware the downwind turn if it's breezy. Definitely added to the pucker factor at that end of the field.

Besides the landing, it went pretty well. Thanks for all the info and experience shared on this thread.

Hobbyking Skipper - Maiden (5 min 8 sec)
ms3164 is offline Find More Posts by ms3164
Last edited by ms3164; Yesterday at 08:55 AM.
Old Yesterday, 04:45 AM
Find More Posts by Upup
Ilford,Essex, UK
Joined May 2006
2,042 Posts
Back in shape

When I crash ,and I always do in the end I use water dip @ 180f however this method can be counter productive with creases and compression wrinkles as it swells a larger area than needed

I use a small kitchen steam cleaner ( 14 ) running the nozzle along the crease lines and find this effective and controllable . I sometimes use it for lager areas by wrapping a towel over the damage and put the nozzle underneath, pull the trigger for increasing number of seconds until I get a result

Useful tool plus you can clean the bathroom tiles as well .......... If you want that is lol

Regards jeff
Upup is offline Find More Posts by Upup
Old Yesterday, 10:49 AM
eat, sleep, FLY FLY FLY
Charlottesville, VA
Joined Jun 2005
1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms3164 View Post
Took the Skipper out for it's maiden flight yesterday, and really like how it flies. The video's not to exciting, but the flight sure was. The wind was up a bit and I've read on here to beware the downwind turn if it's breezy. Definitely added to the pucker factor at that end of the field.

Besides the landing, it went pretty well. Thanks for all the info and experience shared on this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT0TUrRFQfk
always good to get the maiden done, congrats
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.frankenjet View Post
always good to get the maiden done, congrats
Thanks Frankenjet!
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by coongoola
"long stretch of water..."
Australia, NSW, Stuarts Point
Joined Jun 2014
409 Posts
Quote:

Nice maiden. Well done.

Pat in Oz
coongoola is online now Find More Posts by coongoola
Old Yesterday, 06:14 PM
Find More Posts by BigIron357
25+ years of RC flying
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2012
1,634 Posts
Quote:

Good job!
BigIron357 is offline Find More Posts by BigIron357
Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,679 Posts
Thanks guys. The info you all share on this thread is a big help in getting it set up correctly and what to expect after launch.

Thanks for the help!
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM
Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
This is kid stuff.
USA, AR, Harrison
Joined Aug 2010
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtigerbazz View Post
this plane has style! wondered what she would look like with a jet like appearance, so when my motor shot off (circlip holding the motor shaft popped off!!) I replaced it with a turnigy 2200kv , stripped the stickers off and went for the british TSR2 look!.... still needs a remaiden and have not tried it on water yet but love the new design! see what you think! FTB
Add me to the list of Skipper skippers. Got one ready for maiden. Waiting for time and flyable weather.

Mine looks a bit like FTB's. Only other departure from stock was to replace the ESC.
Mazzepa1 is offline Find More Posts by Mazzepa1
Old Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by pugsam
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
4,132 Posts
Quote:
Took the Skipper out for it's maiden flight yesterday, and really like how it flies. The video's not to exciting, but the flight sure was.........
Very nice!

Liked the TNG at 4:55, especially!

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM
Find More Posts by pugsam
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
4,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingtigerbazz View Post
.......went for the british TSR2 look!....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzepa1 View Post
.....Mine looks a bit like FTB's......
I'm waiting for one of our Brits (or Anglophiles) to do a James Bond Thunderball Vulcan bomber scheme.

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 10:02 PM
Find More Posts by yorkiepap
SW PA
Joined Aug 2010
672 Posts
I finally got to maiden my long-awaiting patient Skipper last weekend at our club's grass field. Since there were reports that it is a bit twitchy on 100% throws, I setup FM 0, 1, 2 with DR/Expo at 100/0, 80/10, & 60/20 & hand launched on FM2. Having a "senior" moment, I forgot to remove the alum. rudder ext. for water t/o's/steering.....duuhhh. It flew superb with a 35C 1800mah with a couple clicks of down trim needed. After 6min of varying throttle, the approach & landing was quite easy with great glide. When I picked it up, I could see the entire foam rudder hinge was torn off from the alum. rudder ext. digging in the grass. Ooops! Easy fix.

I decided to make a small alum. tailskid & decided to use (4) regular pinned hinges. Now I can just add the alum rudder extension when I need it for water & the tailskid will keep the rudder elevated a bit on grass. It's ready again....if Mother Nature here in SW Pa ever decides to settle down again. Here's some pics.....

Denny
yorkiepap is offline Find More Posts by yorkiepap