Old May 10, 2012, 01:45 AM
Find More Posts by Wormboy
Australia, WA, Madeley
Joined Jul 2011
748 Posts
Discussion
Futaba 7C Elevon programming

Heya All,

I'm picking up a new Alula soon and want to program it into my Futaba 7C 2.4.
I'm sure that the Futaba can do what I want but I just cant quite make it work. I've tried to solve a similar issue on a previous plane and gave up in disgust, only for the problem to come back to haunt me at a later date.

The basic issue is setting up elevons, with a pitch trim programmed to the throttle (or flap pot). The kicker is that I want to use my 4 channel Rx to minimise weight/size. Ordinarily you'd fit the second aileron sevo to Rx channel 5 on the 7 channel Rx. Obviously I dont have that option having only 4 channels.

The other similar issue I was playing with was flaperons. Same deal, flaperons with flap programmed to throttle. Elevator separate. Same 4 channel Rx.

So I suppose the two issues are:
1) the mixing required for elevons (or flaperons) with throttle (or flap pot) for pitch trim.
2) solving the problem with a 4CH Rx

I sure some clever cookie has managed this before. Can anyone help me? I've tried having a crack at it but the beeping is driving me to the point of insanity.

I can program in twin motors with differential thrust mixed to rudder with a mix-kill switch and flaperons but do you think i manage this? arrrggghh!

Cheers,

-Mat-
Wormboy is online now Find More Posts by Wormboy
Last edited by Wormboy; May 10, 2012 at 02:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts