HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2002, 06:47 PM
Big Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2001
138 Posts
Issues with Dymond Super Turbo Charger.

I'm having some trouble with charging my battery packs. I have 2 8-cell 2400Max packs from SR Batteries, and 2 8-cell 1900SCR packs from Hobby Lobby.

It seems to me that my Dymond Super Turbo Charger is not fully charging the packs. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes or more, and I get a peak voltage on the packs of about 12.4 volts. Other times, it takes 10 minutes and I get a peak of 11.8 or so volts. It seems to make a big difference in flight performance.

Why would this be happening? All the packs are fairly new, and I've used both the Auto charging and manual settings. I usually cycle using the discharge/charge settings.

Capslock
Capslock is offline Find More Posts by Capslock
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2002, 06:50 PM
Manassas, VA, USA
Joined Feb 2002
651 Posts
Brand new packs sometimes take a few charges to kind of settle down before they will peak correctly. If they aren't brand new try charging at lower amps. Report back if this works or not
Stregone is offline Find More Posts by Stregone
Old May 11, 2002, 06:55 PM
Big Member
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2001
138 Posts
Good call

I'll try the lower amps. Right now I'm experimenting with the irrational theory that I get different results by using just the "Charge" rather than "Dis/Charge".

I'll give the lower amps thing a try for sure, and report back. Gotta do it later tonight though, as I have a BBQ to go to.

Capslock
Capslock is offline Find More Posts by Capslock
Old May 12, 2002, 04:21 AM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
Are you using the temperature cord? I found with my charger that the temp cord needed to be unplugged and plugged back in to reset sometimes.
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby